+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Remastered Server MY Personal opinion

4.5 Remastered Server MY Personal opinion

I would like to apologize for my bad english

After 1 week of Korean remastered server i would like to say my personal opinion on that server and how should be here in Eu/Na.

Remastered server was an awesome idea! The major changes in 4.5 reduce the rng and the MAX craftable gear to magnificent balanced a lot the pvp but a lot of player quitted that server already! why? Because there was no limit to regrade... so when Legendary and Mythic Magnificen/Dungeon Gear start to pop up in the server players got demotivated and quitted!
    UU9l24y.jpg

After 16 years of MMO i could say that AA is the best MMO ever if players could enjoy all the features but with out a Limit to Gear/Regrade the only things that player have in theys mind is UPGRADE THEYR GEARS so everyone just focus on what's the pest Silver/Labor, using multi account to produce more money and get burn out from AA....

The only things that would fix this problem is for example put a regrade limit to ( Epic ) That's pretty easy to get in 4.5.

Lest think about a remastered server in EU/NA = to KR remastered but with EU freshstart Cash Shop / NO multiaccount allowed / first month MAX tier Magnificent / Max Regrade Epic / Cap Level 50. ( i know about vpn and virtual machines but if Trion promise a permanent ban to them close to no one will start to do it )

What Limit to regrade to epic will changes the gameplay?
    Everyone will be able to archieve divine/epic full set so pvp will be +/- Balanced. ( tho full gems will be a pain in the ♥♥♥ )

Hardcore player can craft more then one set and finaly USE the amazing skill sistem of archeage! ( Contesting world boss scenario: our guild lacks of tanks? hardcoreplayer/p2w spawn the storage box, swap set and use skill saver and in 2 second you have a frontline tanks that allow you to win the fight and open to a lot of counterpick class meccanics during guild fights/ large scale.

"I finished my first divine/epic set but i love my class i dont want second set "
    Totaly fine ! have you tried to explore AA world? i played aa for 4 years since Alpha and i know a lot of players that never had a good galeon,merchantship,car,skateboard,submarine,fishi ng ship or a house bigger then cottage ! SO focus on improve your quality of life in AA.

With the limit to gear/regrade even a small group of 10 friends can build up a good galeon and join the sea pvp battle at Kraken/Abyssal not only the first 3 guild with mithycs galeon !!!

With no multi account you can focus on put investment on level up your profession! Since Labor will be REALY limited even high skill gathering will be realy appreciated!

This will be also a topic for organized guild! That will try to make a realy crafting profession sistem.

So at the end of this 4 years of Archeage my only solution for have a good game is a limit to the Gear TIER and Gear GRADE, the game is full of content the main issues at that players cant enjoy them because they need IMPROVE theyr equipment trying to archieve impossible goals!

About progression in the next months
    The progression in 4.5 is very well balanced because when you upgrade your from for example magnificent to epherium the GRADE get Reset

The input tier can even be mythyc but the output tier will be always the same ! so if you spend 200k on regrade your delphinad set to epic a new player join before ayand patch he will only work to get his delphinad to Celestial and spend like 10k and after the new patch both will start with ayanad Heroic

So my solution was Limit the regrade put more patch with more content dungeons/raid and add new tiers of weapon. This sistem will keep the balance with the sense of gear progression.

About how trion will make money?
    The shop is already full of things to buy but if you want to increase the selling, set all the items in the shop untradable ( like Storage expansion scrolls ) so player will be encouraged on buying / selling Apex that's way more profitable for Trion and to be honest if there is a gear limit you can put RNG Boxes also with mounts/costumes/weapon skin i think no one will complain!

Hope Trion will read this.

PS: Maybe some 1 will complaing and say bla bla bla you are newbie! actualy i used to be one of the thoese p2w that at the start of the game had Delphinad Gale bow Divine and at 3.0 had full epic with 3x legendary obsidian weapons and 1 epic lute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusky
    Because there was no limit to regrade... so when Legendary and Mythic Magnificen/Dungeon Gear start to pop up in the server players got demotivated and quitted!
    I'm not exactly sure why a large number of players would quit just for that though...since dungeon and dropped gear is viable, wouldn't it still be within reason to grind out gear at that grade eventually? In addition, the gap is not that wide if it's just additional grades of capped gear (unless they really boosted gear scaling for skills).

Considering the big power gap we usually see on our servers is from differences in tiers and grades (no one wants to waste tiering up Celestial over T4, Divine over T5, etc) along with gems to a certain degree, wouldn't Leg/Mythic still be within the realm of outskilling or winning with the assistance of an extra person or two, as long as their gear was Epic-ish?

I thought some people quit KR remaster because of some major/bug exploit or something that gave certain players large headstarts (which I thought was getting a hotfix)?

At magnificent / Gha DPS difference is 150/200 between divine / mithycs ! but if you think about the folowing months with epherium /delphinad the scale is realy high :3

The MAIN point is enjoy archeage contents ! with out a limit you will keep griding/spending all your gold for better gear anyway !

I thought some people quit KR remaster because of some major/bug exploit or something that gave certain players large headstarts (which I thought was getting a hotfix)?

Yep there was monster higher then lv 50 that was giving large ammount of exp ( aurorias one )

Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    At magnificent / Gha you are right ! but i was thinking about the folowing months with epherium /delphinad the scale is realy high :3
    It may be for newer players who come in after the gear update (the rest can basically keep up by tiering up). But since upgrading crafted gear means you have to redo some of the grades again, perhaps some of those higher-grade players will not bother upgrading either?

But yeah, no matter what, some level of gear gap will appear again. But as long as players have a straightforward gearing experience towards it, I think it will be fine as it still instills a sense of progression (which is lost with too low of a gear ceiling). I think what XL will have to focus on is retuning content. Right now, open-world PvP with the effects of gear gap unmitigated makes it hard for the average player to enjoy a lot of world content once there are too many highly geared players.

It would be nice if they have a debuff to reduce the power of gear in the Faction continents (but full power in Auroria perhaps). Because competitive content is largely around Auroria once the game opens up. This way, gearing up still has meaning, but players are not as steamrolled in the more "peaceful" areas and can participate in some world events.

Quote Originally Posted by wooglemoogle View Post
    It may be for newer players who come in after the gear update (the rest can basically keep up by tiering up). But since upgrading crafted gear means you have to redo some of the grades again, perhaps some of those higher-grade players will not bother upgrading either?
    Yes this mean that new players can join the next month when the max tier get updated = catch up meccanics ! anyway with out ALTS it's not that easy to get full epic so 1/2 months is enought time

Limit the gear is the only way to KILL P2W

Magnificent gear is "low". Epic quality is too high in this game version. Divine maybe? If the regrade "level" is too high that is easy p2w game. Keep players in same "gear Group"! But developers or korean Publisher team is primitive and/or stupid. They created better system than they allow p2w in regrade. Doing same old mistakes? Idk... does it greedy or just stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Magnificent gear is "low". Epic quality is too high in this game version. Divine maybe? If the regrade "level" is too high that is easy p2w game. Keep players in same "gear Group"! But developers or korean Publisher team is primitive and/or stupid. They created better system than they allow p2w in regrade. Doing same old mistakes? Idk... does it greedy or just stupid?
    in 4.5 celestial to divine is 81% succes rate for Dungeon gear and is 60% for crafted gear if you add Regrade Charm is 100% ! so epic is better as limit

I have to agree with Lusky on all the points made in the opening post, and have said the same things for the last couple years. Stop alts, limit tier and grade caps, then everyone will have a much better time. Trion would retain more players (and bring some back) and sell more apex than before.

I enjoy a good even fight much more than steamrolling someone. I leave new red players/characters alone in Hellswamp/Halcy because it's no fun for me or them to destroy them while they are trying to quest. Likewise, it's no fun when i can unleash 2 rotations of combo's on an enemy and not deal half health damage, then they turn around and 3 shot me (while i have divine gear and epic weapon).

The gap is so outrageous on Legacy servers anymore that everyone will be advised to go to the "remastered" server when coming back or starting out. If NA/EU gets the remastered version that limits progression for months, it would last longer and be more popular than the last couple of rounds of Fresh Start (as long as they can limit alts).

I like the idea of the remastered server. Like it or not, they have learnt a lot of lessons

Couple of things that I feel that should be/been considered at least for initial release
    • 1 character only
    • 1 assigned CC per remastered server - Help reduce alts
    • Mass reduction of items in the Marketplace that could give real world advantage
    • Increase in subscription to cover the above difference
    • Complete review of all armor and weapons in game to limit 'regrading' levels.. I like the new regrade mechanic, but now creates a new problem, its broken now on the back end (ie magnificent should not be allowed to go beyond celestial etc), everyone will have at least epic buff very quickly
    • Introduce regrade charms as ultra rare drops, no more cash shop
    • Hard limit 5k labor per total cycle (i think its 48 hours logged in to get 0-5k ?) Being able to buy as much labor as you want on a remastered/fresh start destroys. When AA first arrived, the game was vibrant, lots of players, lots of working together, and very little labor... it is linked, trust me!!

I know that those ideas sound very restrictive and big brother, but thats what the AA community as a whole has been crying out for, a playing field that makes skill and hard work somewhat level for all. The way the mechanics of the cash shop have been handled, there is a fear for any new server, new attempt at the game, that it doesnt matter how you play, 24/7, pick a skill, focus on that, pick a craft, focus on that, it never matters because player #1234 can buy all the skills/crafts because for them, there are no hard caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    in 4.5 celestial to divine is 81% succes rate for Dungeon gear and is 60% for crafted gear if you add Regrade Charm is 100% ! so epic is better as limit
    But regrade charm is "cash shop only" material = same p2w system. Keep vulnerable fresh server clean! Minimalize damage of RM trades is one of the most important objective in starting period. Remove charms and other toxic p2w items in start or generate "low" quality level caps or remove all trade options in 1st weeks! If we can upgrade faster and "power" is bound to knowledge and invested time (and not bound to credit card) that will help keep players. More palyers and stronger economy will help to save game later when cash shop will try to destroy the game (when quality and item level will be higher and cash shop items will be "have to use" items). 1000 gold vs RM is "disgusting p2w" in starting days, but it will be smaller effect later when you have 1-10k gold as "free" or "patron" user without extra investments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast