+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Remastered Server MY Personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Mistsong weapons and "free" celestial GHA armors are "catch up" mechanism. Thats why they got removed on NEW SERVER.
    But there was on 3.0 freshstart :3 so was not a catch up meccanic but a core gear progression

Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    But there was on 3.0 freshstart :3 so was not a catch up meccanic but a core gear progression
    Trino tested it. Nothing to say about this. It was intended game mechanic. (aka "we didn't tested it but we don't care" )
    (Ask help and fix is hard when CM/GMs don't understand the problems. )

uhm diminishing returns on regrade is all whats needed.

The extra grade that whales bought with real money would be little and it wouldnt take long for normal peeps to catch up.

levels till divine\celestial big stat gains in +20 steps and everythibng above it graudelly +1/+0,5 / 0,1 etc. stat gain.
    Whales epeen would be happy and everyone else would also enjoy not to be 1 shoted.
    Problem solved.

It's like, hey, Trion cut some off your profit for our fun.
    Interesting idea, but not possible.

Mythic weapons on brand new server, people already have cars I hear too.

No server will ever be what you guys want it to be, this game was not designed is any way to be balanced and equal, it's why I cannot believe people still hype over fresh start ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

There is threads on threads about how to equalize this, and balance that, and prevent this, and limit that - at what point will you just enjoy the game for what it is and get the most out of it.

OP contradicting himself with asking for limits but saying he was full blown p2w with delph weapon on start, I mean lol

Not really.

I think you would be surprised how many people would be willing to pay 19.99, 24.99, if they have a cash shop that does not have labor pots, regrade charms or anything else that is pure P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrammortis View Post
    Not really.

I think you would be surprised how many people would be willing to pay 19.99, 24.99, if they have a cash shop that does not have labor pots, regrade charms or anything else that is pure P2W.
    I understand that, Archeage cannot function like that.

The entire game is centered around cash shop stuff, the corner stone of the economy is a cash shop item, Apex.

There will always be a way to pay and be higher, "cosmetic" items like pets, house crap, costumes can be sold for gold, you guys have to make peace that the game is created like that and will ALWAYS have it.

Having a sub server will never make the money the marketplace makes, and of course every company wants things to be as profitable as can be, it's not "greed" , its business. You don't sit at your job thinking about the starving kids in africa lol, you do your job to get money, that's it.

These servers they keep opening up is just for nostalgia to get you back in, not for equality and fairness. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but everytime you set your mind to "it's gonna be different" and just set yourselves up for disaster.

And this is the contradiction , because lol

Mythic Magnificen/Dungeon Gear start to pop up in the server players got demotivated and quitted!
    actualy i used to be one of the thoese p2w that at the start of the game had Delphinad Gale bow Divine
    This guy wants to limit the very thing he does ggwp

I would like to apologize for my bad english

After 1 week of Korean remastered server i would like to say my personal opinion on that server and how should be here in Eu/Na.

Remastered server was an awesome idea! The major changes in 4.5 reduce the rng and the MAX craftable gear to magnificent balanced a lot the pvp but a lot of player quitted that server already! why? Because there was no limit to regrade... so when Legendary and Mythic Magnificen/Dungeon Gear start to pop up in the server players got demotivated and quitted!
    Attachment 19956

After 16 years of MMO i could say that AA is the best MMO ever if players could enjoy all the features but with out a Limit to Gear/Regrade the only things that player have in theys mind is UPGRADE THEYR GEARS so everyone just focus on what's the pest Silver/Labor, using multi account to produce more money and get burn out from AA....

The only things that would fix this problem is for example put a regrade limit to ( Epic ) That's pretty easy to get in 4.5.

Lest think about a remastered server in EU/NA = to KR remastered but with EU freshstart Cash Shop / NO multiaccount allowed / first month MAX tier Magnificent / Max Regrade Epic / Cap Level 50. ( i know about vpn and virtual machines but if Trion promise a permanent ban to them close to no one will start to do it )

What Limit to regrade to epic will changes the gameplay?
    Everyone will be able to archieve divine/epic full set so pvp will be +/- Balanced. ( tho full gems will be a pain in the ♥♥♥ )

Hardcore player can craft more then one set and finaly USE the amazing skill sistem of archeage! ( Contesting world boss scenario: our guild lacks of tanks? hardcoreplayer/p2w spawn the storage box, swap set and use skill saver and in 2 second you have a frontline tanks that allow you to win the fight and open to a lot of counterpick class meccanics during guild fights/ large scale.

"I finished my first divine/epic set but i love my class i dont want second set "
    Totaly fine ! have you tried to explore AA world? i played aa for 4 years since Alpha and i know a lot of players that never had a good galeon,merchantship,car,skateboard,submarine,fishi ng ship or a house bigger then cottage ! SO focus on improve your quality of life in AA.

With the limit to gear/regrade even a small group of 10 friends can build up a good galeon and join the sea pvp battle at Kraken/Abyssal not only the first 3 guild with mithycs galeon !!!

With no multi account you can focus on put investment on level up your profession! Since Labor will be REALY limited even high skill gathering will be realy appreciated!

This will be also a topic for organized guild! That will try to make a realy crafting profession sistem.

So at the end of this 4 years of Archeage my only solution for have a good game is a limit to the Gear TIER and Gear GRADE, the game is full of content the main issues at that players cant enjoy them because they need IMPROVE theyr equipment trying to archieve impossible goals!

About how trion will make money?
    The shop is already full of things to buy but if you want to increase the selling, set all the items in the shop untradable ( like Storage expansion scrolls ) so player will be encouraged on buying / selling Apex that's way more profitable for Trion and to be honest if there is a gear limit you can put RNG Boxes also with mounts/costumes/weapon skin i think no one will complain!

Hope Trion will read this.

PS: Maybe some 1 will complaing and say bla bla bla you are newbie! actualy i used to be one of the thoese p2w that at the start of the game had Delphinad Gale bow Divine and at 3.0 had full epic with 3x legendary obsidian weapons and 1 epic lute.

I just came back to AA 3 months ago with a gear score of 1200 and had no patron and I wasnt p2w pkus apexes wdre 1000g each. In 3 months im now at 3890'gs and im beating people with 6,000 -8500 gs and im easily 1 of the best pvpers on my server skillwize. And I can deal with a gear gap that large due to skill. This new fresh start server will drop the maximum gear gap to about 1000. This is due to divine almost being guranteed and gear tiers being limited alot. And since gha will be endgame competitive level gear you have alot of yolo chances to get mythic gear.

If a 1000 gear gap gap is too big for you it sounds like more of a get good issue then a gear gap issue.

EDIT: I typed the above out on my phone when i was on my way home from work. but now that i'm on my computer i can add a bit more details to this and not have to deal with small buttons on a phone and forced texted suggestions that cant be turned off but i accidentally press because my fingers are big enough to press 2 buttons at a time =/. having man hands when smartphones are small sucks.

anyways to add and explain the above a bit better.

a gear gap of 1,000~2,000 should be easy to surpass if your good at your class or mastered your class. in AA a gear gap that low means nothing if you get off your rotation first or out play your opponent that gear gap is merely 1 less attack you take or 1 extra attack you deal to the enemy and with a proper rotation regardless if your melee/ranged/magic. will make that easy. if you have mastered any of the top classes in AA you know what i mean when i say the above. Mastery of 1 of the viable class options will make a gear gap of that small no problem

However some classes are more viable then others and that's why 4.5 is such a big update. 4.5 balances the classes so more of the 120 options are viable. 4.5 will be live during the remaster launch meaning gear gap will be even less of a issue for non meta classes. now... what do i mean by some classes are more viable then others? in AA high burst classes and high cc classes are stronger then the rest. for example,

Dark runner,Daggerspell,defiler,spellsinger,enigmatist, Hordebreaker These classes are tier 1 classes.

tier 2 classes: Abolisher,skullknight,primeval,shroudmaster,Blight er,Cleric,Templar, ext..

tier 3 classes: BattleMage,Assassin,spellsong,ranger,harbinger,dre adguard ext...

Tier 1 classes are classes that can easily ignore gear gap by a large margin with the right about of skill and timing. if you master a tier 1 class you can easily deal with a 3,000~5k gear score gap so long as you land your rotation first by outplaying the enemy or having faster reflexes and perfect or near perfect timing.[the least gear based of classes]

tier 2 classes: tier 2 classes are a bit in the middle they can deal with a gear gap of 1,000~2000 easily but unlike tier 1 classes are a bit more gear dependent and they shine the better their gear gets a properly geared tier 2 class with a skilled player behind it can push into a 3k+ gear score gap and still win but its a bit harder then if they were a tier 1.

Tier 3 classes are considered nonviable in PvP the only way they are remotely competitive is if their opponent is bad or if they outgear their enemy significantly. ultimately these classes wont be good till 4.5 but they have their place in pve. for example Harbinger is 1 of the best damage building pve builds for a mage especially for grinding purses or dpsing a boss that pops out adds from time to time the +300 magic attack helps alot. however the synergy of skills in pvp and the fact that the +300 magic attack comes at a cost of 0 phys def. makes it a not so viable pvp class. and some are not even close to being viable.

as you might of guessed i play a tier 1 class. and with my rotation despite my gear score i can even take a 11,000 gear score player to 50% hp in 1 rotation (obviously that gear gap is even too high for my gear score but it gives you a idea of how much damage i can pump out in 1 rotation[a 7k+ difference in gear score) but on a player with 6k~7k gs i can take them from 100 to 0 in 1 rotation. on a 8k~9k gs i can take them from 100 to about 15~20% off 1 rotation then bomb them with other skills and combos to finish them off. can it be hard? yes. they do a lot more damage and are a lot tankier then you. However its not impossible.

Long story short... with the 4.5 changes a 1k gear score gap wont make much of a difference if you know what you are doing regardless of what class you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    OP contradicting himself with asking for limits but saying he was full blown p2w with delph weapon on start, I mean lol
    Just because someone P2Ws doesn't mean they can't understand the negative effect it can have on the game as a whole, particularly years down the line. It was completely irrelevant to bring that up, pretty much just a cheap jab.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman
    But regrade charm is "cash shop only" material = same p2w system. Keep vulnerable fresh server clean!
    Does Korea have the change we got with bound charms on the honor shop? Since the chances are so high for Unique regrades in 4.5, there'd be no point in having regrade charms limited to just Unique on there...

The best thing you can do to make them add changes to the game is don't play it anymore and let them worry about trying to win you back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast