+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server stability and sieges

Server stability and sieges

So i havn't seen this posted anywhere recently so i thought i would post it myself. this is about the recent sieges that occured and how it forced a server to go into maintenance mode and give the entire server some insane lag issues.

please note, i will be talking about conviction as i dont know whether or not other's were affected as much as ours.

1. During the sieges first engagements the lag instantly started to kick in, this wasn't lag to where people were unable to move, this involved skills mostly
    A lot of people were seeing that their skills were taking between 5 and 10 seconds to go off not allowing people to effectively pvp.

this lag also was server wide with some people in faction asking about the lag as well, with people responding "because of siege"

2. sometime during this, the server decided to just.. go into maintenance, a few people were DC'd during the battle and found themselves unable to login due to it being under maintenance (i am assuming this is some sort of safety measure inside the server to stop it from dieing)

both of these issues are not good especially for a serious fight that involved 160 people in 1 area (we never hit the 200 mark but were about to before it ended), imagine what would happen if we did... 20 second skill delay?)

this seems to be a server overload issue, since we had many people from all over the world fighting, and some were using VPN's while others were not it did not matter the lag was felt through the entire server.

i am hoping trion you are able to look into this to make sure this does not happen in the future, the siege mechanic was built to hold 200 people, if the servers are unable to handle that then they need to be upgraded in anyway

of course this could've been a serious 1 off issue that may go away with the next siege cycle, but whether it is or not the servers should be looked at.

kthx
    Random aussie
    $20 for patron
    $13 for apex
    FLIPPIN trino
    wheres my events damn it
    COMPENSATION OR PISSOFF ^_^

on russian servers they used to have 150v150 player engaes over world bosses
    which caused 5+seconds skill dealys

NA/EU always had lower population.

servers sometimes lag during ageis/whalesong
    if there are over 300 players on the map.

not sure what the exact reason, but game can't handle so many players using skills at the same time.

The Server performance is horrible. 2+ seconds of lag during Aegis or Whale are a pretty sad. Trion should do something about this issue.
    Aier -> Anthalon -> Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAlex View Post
    on russian servers they used to have 150v150 player engaes over world bosses
    which caused 5+seconds skill dealys

NA/EU always had lower population.

servers sometimes lag during ageis/whalesong
    if there are over 300 players on the map.

not sure what the exact reason, but game can't handle so many players using skills at the same time.
    this is more about the fact that the game has a system in place, that is supposed to be able to handle a certain amount of people (200) without serious issues, and it is failing to handle that.
    Random aussie
    $20 for patron
    $13 for apex
    FLIPPIN trino
    wheres my events damn it
    COMPENSATION OR PISSOFF ^_^

+ Reply to Thread