+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Creators Feedback - creators program and social media presence

Quote Originally Posted by youtube Jasonwivart View Post
    I think it always comes down to them being dramatically understaffed[...]Archeage is such a massive game that requires way more support than any other games that trion worlds has under their belt and that fact that they didn't make this game (need to share revenue and don't have access to the code) is a massive problem. IMO If archeage is not bringing in enough money (cause it all comes down to money) to justify the added support for the game that it needs they will never make those calls and hire new people that are dedicated to this game.
    I have to agree with Jason here. I agree with a lot of the points the others have made as well, but I can usually think of some counterpoint for why Trion would have their hands tied about something.

And ultimately that's because this kind of neglect isn't unique to ArcheAge. It happens in pretty much any MMO where the publisher isn't also the developer (even more so if they're not a huge breadwinner for the publishing company). Looking at the difference between how something like Trove or Atlas Reactor is treated compared to ArcheAge shows the company's priorities.

Understaffing also seems to be an issue on XL's end (that or operations management). They've had major problems in builds for nearly ALL of their games, even ones only released in their native region. And whatever the terms they've made for how ArcheAge gets handled in NA is very muddled. Something is screwy there when the publisher has to spend weeks negotiating compensation for their own region, and months to even set up their own events.

I would agree with this if:

1) anytime i tried to google a question about archeage where relevant information was given on the first page of suggestions.
    a) i don't count forum posts or i would have to count the only thing i have every been able to find with asking google, the crest patterns.

2) if youtube had any videos that was helpful to anything I was needing to know when I went searching for it.
    a) no i don't need to know why you think AA is dying or your first impressions.

3) if omino.com whatever site was more than a 50/50 shot of what was actually coming.
    a) some stuff is dead on and i have referenced it even after an update.
    b) well, I do like the site for what might be coming. but even XL can't figure out what is possible before they release what they want to try and do.

4) if i ever seen in chat someone ask a question and another person refer them to anything in the creator program. ever.
    a) it is always the same, ask so'n'so when they get online. they are our guilds such'n'such or so'n'so does, ask them.
    b) there are websites for trade pack values, forums for builds, etc. but is there anything for lords coins past 2.9 that is actually helpful in explaining the quests in detail? how about fishing with all its recent changes?

Yo Jason, good to see you here and hello wooglemoogle!

I know that what I wrote here is not biggest problem of Trion or this game, just wanted to point it out because its one those few problems, I can and want to help with. Plus, it's almost entirely in TRION's hands to manage cooperation with creators ( not so much room for "we blame xl " here) so i assume its easier to make fixes here than in other areas. I spoke about Muzzy because he is our community manager atm and official way is to communicate with him. I'm sure he will want to dive into this topic and pass our conclusions to decision makers above.

As for managing existing program, I am aware that Mobi has to handle hundreds of creators out of several games published by TRION and there is not much he can do except building up Trion Creator twitter audience, managing code flow and retweeting content. He's actually doing a great work for ArcheAge too, I checked out last month tweets we had on TC twitter account and ArcheAge was 2nd, loosing only to AR but who can blame Mobi, its his beloved game! Thats why I would love if we could have a conversation only in frames of ArcheAge and its creators, I know it might sound bad but, my interest is focused around in ArcheAge, not in performance of entire Trion creator program.

As for money behind the game, staff members etc, I dont feel informed enough to discuss this because I don't have any data here. I can only suspect and speculate.

XAJoker, If you search for general information you will find everything you need, If you search for specific information, you might not. But how is this creators fault? Are we on duty to satisfy your apetite? Many creators create for their specific audience, not for every single archeage player out there. According to you, omnom gives 50/50 informations, guess what, without him, you wouldnt even have that 50! Game stuff is dead because creators left and game is in poor condition, exactly what I said. Chat refference is also a miss because its not creators job to work as a gm and mobile game tutorial. Don't dissagree just because your needs are not satisfied.

ps. If you have problems with fishing I should be rank 2 on YT for "ArcheAge fishing" ^^' /advertisement
    IGN: Qembek, Qmk, Solmyr
    My channel (100+ ArcheAge videos, guides and tips): YouTube
    Casually streaming: Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by qembek View Post
    Yo Jason, good to see you here and hello wooglemoogle!

I know that what I wrote here is not biggest problem of Trion or this game, just wanted to point it out because its one those few problems, I can and want to help with. Plus, it's almost entirely in TRION's hands to manage cooperation with creators ( not so much room for "we blame xl " here) so i assume its easier to make fixes here than in other areas. I spoke about Muzzy because he is our community manager atm and official way is to communicate with him. I'm sure he will want to dive into this topic and pass our conclusions to decision makers above.

As for managing existing program, I am aware that Mobi has to handle hundreds of creators out of several games published by TRION and there is not much he can do except building up Trion Creator twitter audience, managing code flow and retweeting content. He's actually doing a great work for ArcheAge too, I checked out last month tweets we had on TC twitter account and ArcheAge was 2nd, loosing only to AR but who can blame Mobi, its his beloved game! Thats why I would love if we could have a conversation only in frames of ArcheAge and its creators, I know it might sound bad but, my interest is focused around in ArcheAge, not in performance of entire Trion creator program.

As for money behind the game, staff members etc, I dont feel informed enough to discuss this because I don't have any data here. I can only suspect and speculate.

XAJoker, If you search for general information you will find everything you need, If you search for specific information, you might not. But how is this creators fault? Are we on duty to satisfy your apetite? Many creators create for their specific audience, not for every single archeage player out there. According to you, omnom gives 50/50 informations, guess what, without him, you wouldnt even have that 50! Game stuff is dead because creators left and game is in poor condition, exactly what I said. Chat refference is also a miss because its not creators job to work as a gm and mobile game tutorial. Don't dissagree just because your needs are not satisfied.

ps. If you have problems with fishing I should be rank 2 on YT for "ArcheAge fishing" ^^' /advertisement
    I'm sure you remember them hyping up a big letter... Nov 8th http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...the-maelstrom/ 1st off almost everyone was disappointed in the letter cause they hyped it up so much for weeks before releasing. TLDR the old letter gist was more communication and fresh start is coming next year with changes to business model, queues and launch systems. "...We’ve begun taking these steps, and we look forward to new Fresh Start servers next year." Its now been 3 months and no new news at all.

Why don't you tell us, the community or at least the creators what is coming? What is changing and let us leak out information on upcoming changes. That way creators can discuss "rumors" which would take the blame off trion worlds in case things don't come.

They have said time and time again that they don't want to give information until their certain...well that doesn't work. Lunagems, sunken treasure chests etc goes to show that even if you wait the information is wrong. The answer here is the same as above give creators the early info. You guys internally know the date for patches, new servers etc... if fresh start 3 is planned for feb 28th for example. Tell the community we are "aiming for fresh start 3 in march or april" and these are the changes we are working on. If a patch or update comes early, people will be happier rather than a delayed patch. You don't need to give specific dates just the rough outline. When its a week or two out then give the specific date.

If you would have told people 4.0 was coming dec 20th. and then all along had internally planned for a dec 6th release and it got pushed back to dec 13th the community would be HAPPY, they would not have known about the dec 6th release and been like WOW trion is working extra hard and got the update out early by a week!

the end of the letter The ArcheAge team says
    "Tell your friends: The storm is coming. It’s about time."

3 months later we're waiting for and I damn sure hope you didn't tell your friends cause 3 months in gaming is a long as hell time for no content/news at all.

If after all these years they cannot even manage a LETTER then how do you expect them to do anything correct?
    You want to work smarter not harder in AA. Make your money work for you. INVESTMENT tips all day in my channel follow me!

Link to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-...OVObusemDVEXoA Everything you need to know about archeage. Guides on leveling, housing, rare items, how to make lots of money etc. Daily updates and features

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2