+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tax amount bug?

Tax amount bug?

Good evening.
    At evening january 8th, i was planing to have a big amount of aquafarms...
    I always knew the tax increase like adding all the other land i had befor + something, but i think this isn't working as it should or i was just "scamed" (in a surprising way, not mad at all)
    Well i was placing my 6th aquafarm (i've 1 marine house 28x28 and [now] 6 aquafarms) and i didn't noticed the value i was beeing asked to place (was 193 taxes) so i place it. Since i was planing to have like idk 10 aquafarms and 1 house i just asume it would cost me around 90 taxes as i can see at
    I try to place 1 more and this happens... i'm asked to pay 483 taxes and i was like "ahhhhhh, wtffff". From 193 to 483... i guess if it's not a bug, atleast this is not adding anymore but multiplying. And you can confirm i've 7 property and the 8th was costing that much.
    I try to go to the test server but i dont know how i cant use the commades so couldnt double test it to be 300% sure of this, but from what i've well... it's scary xD

PS.: i do have a character that once hold 6-24x24 and about 10-16x16 he was paying 90-120 taxes each farm but never the 400++ xD
    Attached Images

Did you prepay your other properties?

If so check http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-600-tax-certs
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

So if i prepay taxes, it make the rest increase... well thats new to me and, in a way, stupid.... i thought the prepay systen had 2 part: 1st if you go on vacations and you prepay staff to not lose it. 2nd to make ppl not worring about taxes for weeks...
    this means, for 5 weeks i cannot place more farms bnecause of this increase on them.... ah fk i would have liked if someone had said this to me befor xD

I guess problem is solved... Tyvm

You're welcome.

It's actually in the game but ignored by most players because no one reads the description of the prepay window.

Technically you don't pay more taxes. When you want to place a new property while you already have prepaid ones, the system re-calculates the taxes for your other properties and asks you for additional taxes in the deposit of the new one. It's all designed to prevent dodging taxes and in the end you don't pay more.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

te problem is not what i need to pay weekly, but what i paied to place the farm and the 8th farm is costing more, usualy it shouldnt go this up but ye.... almost 500 to place a farm thats just crazy thats about 350g worth of taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrevive View Post
    te problem is not what i need to pay weekly, but what i paied to place the farm and the 8th farm is costing more, usualy it shouldnt go this up but ye.... almost 500 to place a farm thats just crazy thats about 350g worth of taxes
    It should go up. This stops people scamming the tax system.

The 'increase' is actually just paying the taxes to 'top up' the pre-paid weeks you have paid so that you pay the amount of taxes you would owe for those weeks. You still pay the exact same amount of taxes this way whether or not you place a new property.

If it worked the way you are asking it to work then everyone would run around with 5 weeks of taxes paid because if they placed another property you would get 5 weeks of the lower property tax rate... it'd be like a tax loophole for land barons.

+ Reply to Thread