+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: starting to hate this game...

Angry starting to hate this game...

I have been playing this game for a while now and its really irritating me that new players arent having any protections from thief and pvp ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags who liek to torture new players that trying to learn the game. Please its already hard as it is trying to earn or makes some gold when new players barely even have any chance to defend themself from ruthless attack, even from their own alliance. Is there a way for me to do cargo run and trade runs without having to deal with ruthless players that likes to bullies new players like me? i have already lost so many gold and resource making the cargo and trade packs and its really irritating to loose it all because higher level and geared players steals and kill me and i cant even defend myself mostly as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuie View Post
    I have been playing this game for a while now and its really irritating me that new players arent having any protections from thief and pvp ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags who liek to torture new players that trying to learn the game. Please its already hard as it is trying to earn or makes some gold when new players barely even have any chance to defend themself from ruthless attack, even from their own alliance. Is there a way for me to do cargo run and trade runs without having to deal with ruthless players that likes to bullies new players like me? i have already lost so many gold and resource making the cargo and trade packs and its really irritating to loose it all because higher level and geared players steals and kill me and i cant even defend myself mostly as a healer.
    On several servers this game has a toxic community to a level that one needs to try their best to ignore the majority of the social aspect of the game in order to enjoy it.

As for survival, Archeage has something called guilds. Other games such as Eve Online call them corporations. Guilds help facilitate people playing together. If you look at the tabs on the lower right corner of your screen you will see the community tab. Inside that tab there is a guild section. Join a guild and maybe doing activities with guild members will help your situation. You can join players outside of a guild to do the same activities but a guild may make it easier.

If you do not prefer to play with others as a solution for dealing with "♥♥♥♥♥♥bags" (that was the OP's name for them moderators, not mine) you can go with the trolls and Trion's solution which is to swipe harder.

If you can survive to late game as a healer, you will find that you are more than capable of holding your own.

Or in direct contra to what the first reply said:
    Dont join a guild(or it has to be a level 1-2 guild) to be save of dominions. And then run save packs. (So everything that dosnt go thrue any conflict zone where someone can gank you)

Payout isnt at maximum but its a stable and reliable income without ANY risk. This way you can still earn money, learn to play your char and handle vehicles so you can work in efficient ways in conflicting zones.
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Retribution(EU)
    Class: Honorguard (Archery/Songcraft/Defense)
    Nation: Pirates(PN)
    Guild: DamNation
    Race: Firran

Still helping out on Haranya side with alts if needed :P

Game gives you protection, you are jus greedy and chose doing traderuns in pvp zones, high risk, high reward.
    IGN: Qembek, Qmk, Solmyr
    My channel (100+ ArcheAge videos, guides and tips): YouTube
    Casually streaming: Twitch

^This run safe packs if your new
    <Relentless> - Ollo - West

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerus View Post
    Dont join a guild(or it has to be a level 1-2 guild) to be save of dominions. And then run save packs. (So everything that dosnt go thrue any conflict zone where someone can gank you.
    Do join a guild. It's how you're going to learn the game. However for any guild that has packrunners in it, it's smart to run peace treaties. If you are joining a guild make sure it's either one that has powerful players who will have your back, or that they run constant dominion protection.
    Harbingers of Freedom - Dwarf - Vengeance
    Shield Healer (Hierophant)

"To hell with honor. Win!" - Harbingers of Freedom Motto
    Claiming you're a hardcore PvPer because you have good gear in a no-loot drop game is like claiming you have high spice tolerance because you eat Taco Bell fire sauce.

try not to get greedy & just trade in the mainland, I even solo a solo run myself. Otherwise get your nations to do trade runs together.
    Here's the stuffs we did back in Naima days. Planning & communication is key.
    Visit your local Kyrios (ex-Naima) Orchestra Gallery @♪ Kpawp's Olde Music Shoppe ♫

Also, visit your local Kyrios (ex-Naima) Song Gallery @♪ Metalz's ♫ ✦ █▬█ █ ▀█▀ 🎼 █ ▀█▀ ✦

And also, more other interesting content from Kpawpie @ Vimeo & Youtube

On my server, we never really had folks who suffered low levels for packs, unless they were larders. However, in January we had an influx of transfers, which changed this. They came with very good gear and started killing anyone who did not agree w/ them and then a few guilds decided to ... be their buds and joined in.

Made things kinda messy. Even if you don't really leave Peace, they chide you to and tell you they are going to gank you etc. So for the first time I'm seeing this. I had made a new character and she got plenty of this at level 30.

But, I'm hoping things will go back to normal in the following months and things quiet.

Most of the folks here are saying "Join a Guild", however it's important to find a guild in your time zone and who plays the same way you do. Some guilds have folks who purple and steal packs, and that's important to know - because others will target you to even an old score with someone from your guild who purpled and took their packs.

I was in a farming guild that was specific to farming, but the players transferred or got into PvP and went to other guilds. I went to another guild when it got quiet there. But it was a really good fit for me.

So, ensure you get into a guild where most of the folks are in your time zone, who play the game much like you do (PVE, PVP, etc..) and enjoy the same type of content that you do.

Ask also about how they handle trade runs. The two guilds I was in, well they went on trade runs together, which helped make it harder for 1-2 folks to purple you and take your stuff or for enemies to.

I basically just found other ways to move my packs so I don't leave peace and I now only sports fish in lakes. It's all good, it fits how I like playing Archeage.

I hope you find something that works for you and that you find the same enjoyment in the game myself and others have.

It is in the mechanics of the game for others to rob you if you are outside of peace zone and take your packs, but it does tend to be more painful when it's your own people from the same faction.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Vengeance Server
    (Jing & JeJune retired)
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a potato.
    Then always be... a potato <3

s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast