+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: BEWARE Don't Buy Blank Auction Mannequins on Auction House

Exclamation BEWARE Don't Buy Blank Auction Mannequins on Auction House

Just a warning to save you a mistake that I made.

I hadn't used the auction mannequins before. Since they are selling quite inexpensively on the AH right now I picked up a couple for future use.

Unfortunately they bind as soon as you buy them. So they are of no use.

Don't buy a blank one from AH it is wasted money.
    #SheepieLives!

Says "Auction house trade available" in the description so I'm assuming it allows you to put costumes for sale on the AH with it, but not trade them to players directly as the description also mention.

All seems pretty clear if you read it all, unless you're saying selling on AH doesn't actually work. The Caution part is what you want to pay most attention to.

He is warning that people are putting mannequins on the auction house cheaply, WITHOUT a costume. People buy the mannequins thinking they can put their costume on it and then list it on the AH; they can't, once the mannequin is bought, it can not be re-used, so people just wasted their gold and got nothing usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinna View Post
    He is warning that people are putting mannequins on the auction house cheaply, WITHOUT a costume. People buy the mannequins thinking they can put their costume on it and then list it on the AH; they can't, once the mannequin is bought, it can not be re-used, so people just wasted their gold and got nothing usable.
    Thank you that is just what I was saying
    #SheepieLives!

Heya Elfred this whole system is confusing and illogical. Sorry to see you got hosed here perhaps Trion will reimburse you.

Here is what is going on as I see it. People see the auction value of those mannequins sometimes it can get pretty high as people are looking for costumes attached to the mannequin. They buy those ones when there is a good costume attached to it. That data gets recorded to that item "Auction House Mannequin" which makes the value look good. So naturally, when people are looking for something to buy and sell from the credit shop they look at this item and think, o ya this is a good deal not completely understanding how it works and who can blame them honestly?

So you have that happening, and then longtime players like yourself see these items listed as blanks and think as you did yes, I can hold these till I have something to sell or trade, but that isn't the way they work and you get boned.

What we had before worked, why they still feel like this system is better is beyond me. IMO all costumes should be natively Bind on Equip, bound ones could be sold by skinning them on unbound ones and all is well.

I only understand this system as I do now because I too was screwed over by it. I raised my concerns when it first came out, and it appears to have exactly the effect I was predicting which is confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    Heya Elfred this whole system is confusing and illogical. Sorry to see you got hosed here perhaps Trion will reimburse you.

Here is what is going on as I see it. People see the auction value of those mannequins sometimes it can get pretty high as people are looking for costumes attached to the mannequin. They buy those ones when there is a good costume attached to it. That data gets recorded to that item "Auction House Mannequin" which makes the value look good. So naturally, when people are looking for something to buy and sell from the credit shop they look at this item and think, o ya this is a good deal not completely understanding how it works and who can blame them honestly?

So you have that happening, and then longtime players like yourself see these items listed as blanks and think as you did yes, I can hold these till I have something to sell or trade, but that isn't the way they work and you get boned.

What we had before worked, why they still feel like this system is better is beyond me. IMO all costumes should be natively Bind on Equip, bound ones could be sold by skinning them on unbound ones and all is well.

I only understand this system as I do now because I too was screwed over by it. I raised my concerns when it first came out, and it appears to have exactly the effect I was predicting which is confusion.
    Thanks Aired. I always used basic costumes to trade outfits because the mannequins are much more expensive. I wasnt expecting the bind on sale feature. It is written on the item but I didn't read it.

Probably better they don't let it sell blank ones on AH but oh well.

I lost about 300 gold but I think it would be much more trouble to try and get them to refund it than it is worth. So I will just know not to do that again! I am lucky I can afford it I hope no newbies get bit by it.
    #SheepieLives!

Why the ♥♥♥♥ would that go in a cash crate?

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Why the ♥♥♥♥ would that go in a cash crate?
    I guess there running out of ideas

Just figured out what Monolith was talking about. Just got done with the video on the Eclipse crate and those AH mannequins are dropping pretty often, even double that of the actual costume so I can see why they are showing up in the AH for so cheap.

IMO they should drop with the Costume only and not on a separate scale that way if somebody wants to sell the costume they have the item to do it. Well, to be more honest I think the whole system should be scrapped it was confusing when it came out and is still to this day over a year later confusing. Back to the drawing board XL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    Just figured out what Monolith was talking about. Just got done with the video on the Eclipse crate and those AH mannequins are dropping pretty often, even double that of the actual costume so I can see why they are showing up in the AH for so cheap.

IMO they should drop with the Costume only and not on a separate scale that way if somebody wants to sell the costume they have the item to do it. Well, to be more honest I think the whole system should be scrapped it was confusing when it came out and is still to this day over a year later confusing. Back to the drawing board XL!
    Thanks for the update Aired!
    #SheepieLives!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast