+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tempest Treasure Hunt!

Post Tempest Treasure Hunt!

Starting this Friday, at 22:30 GMT+0, will be the first in a series of hide & seek/treasure hunt events!

This is your opportunity to test your Archeage exploration skills, learn new trivia about the game and race other players towards unusual locations in the game.

There will be 5 rounds, with hints given in intervals. The first person to find the location will WIN 1 APEX!

The event will be hosted by myself, for both factions (and other nations), to liven up what is normally a boring Friday evening after the themepark events end.

Questions:
    Q: Will these be in safe zones?
    A: No, all areas of the game including instances will be used. I can't control any skirmishes that develop in the race.

Q: Who is welcome? Who can take part?
    A: Everyone can, regardless of server if you want to make an alt on tempest

Q: Any runners up prizes?
    A: No

Q: What do I do when I find you?
    A: Just say hi, /point /bow whatever you want. I'll then mail you your prize.

Q: Who comes up with the places?
    A: Me. No guilds/friends involved and all chars running the event will be guildless alts.

Q: Why Tempest?
    A: Dahuta was the offical RP server for EU.

Q: How often will these be?
    A: Every week or every other week depending on interest.
    -Robb.

Quote Originally Posted by rbb138 View Post

Starting this Friday, at 22:30 GMT+0, will be the first in a series of hide & seek/treasure hunt events!

This is your opportunity to test your Archeage exploration skills, learn new trivia about the game and race other players towards unusual locations in the game.

There will be 5 rounds, with hints given in intervals. The first person to find the location will WIN 1 APEX!

The event will be hosted by myself, for both factions (and other nations), to liven up what is normally a boring Friday evening after the themepark events end.

Questions:
    Q: Will these be in safe zones?
    A: No, all areas of the game including instances will be used. I can't control any skirmishes that develop in the race.

Q: Who is welcome? Who can take part?
    A: Everyone can, regardless of server if you want to make an alt on tempest

Q: Any runners up prizes?
    A: No

Q: What do I do when I find you?
    A: Just say hi, /point /bow whatever you want. I'll then mail you your prize.

Q: Who comes up with the places?
    A: Me. No guilds/friends involved and all chars running the event will be guildless alts.

Q: Why Tempest?
    A: Dahuta was the offical RP server for EU.

Q: How often will these be?
    A: Every week or every other week depending on interest.
    Time to use guild location tab :>

Nice idea tho, I'd participate on an alt probably to stop any cheating
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    RETRIBUTIO
    <Freefarm Police>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

The characters running the event will be guildless alts with barcode names.
    -Robb.

Quote Originally Posted by rbb138 View Post
    The characters running the event will be guildless alts with barcode names.
    Even better, I'll pass this around the Creator discord and on any other useful channels
    Sparxu
    Queen of Lizards
    RETRIBUTIO
    <Freefarm Police>

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Event Recap:

Round 1:
    Hint 1: I am at the bottom of a bottomless hole in the ground. It's as if a developer misclicked. Dead bodies don't get any prizes.

Congrats to Sparxu for winning round 2.

Round 2:
    Hint 1: I am in a smugglers cove.
    Hint 2: Weirdly, this cove isn't on a coast.
    Hint 3: Kinda confused on how this broken rowboat got up here.
    Hint 4: The cove is covered by rocks and has many crates full of loot! You will need a good glider to get up here!
    Hint 5: I am on the nuia continent

Nobody won this round.

Round 3:
    Hint 1: I am hiding in a cave with bodies of broken robots surrounding me.
    Hint 2: I am not in Tigerspine Mountains.
    Hint 3: This cave is both were robots are forged and the cemetry for their bodies. It's actually not marked as a cave on the map and is 100% just lazy developers reusing tigerspine models
    Hint 4: For some reason this is instead marked as a tent? Idk even

Congrats to Saiithis for winning round 3.

Round 4:
    Hint 1: The door closes swiftly behind me, I'm trapped in this room with hooded figures.
    Hint 2: Im on haranya. Atleast I can pass the time by lighting these candles around me.

Congrats to Asteirl for winning round 4.

Round 5:
    Hint 1: This water is black. So black I can't see the floor, myself, the map or any land. Only black.
    Hint 2: With a change in the weather I can see the most useless island in the game to my West. Its as if they decided to add a blue dragon or ice dragon boss and then just gave up. Or maybe a 7 sided mistmerrow clone?
    Hint 3: This is the only ocean in the game that is a peace zone. Time to get those swimfins on.
    Hint 4: I am at the bottom of the ocean near of the nuia continent.
    Hint 5: The region is Miroir Tundra.

Congrats to Baetus for winning round 3.

Evening was quite fun, will probably do another one in a week or two.
    -Robb.

Going to do another one of these tomorrow at the slightly earlier time of 21:30 gmt+0 (22:30 CET)
    -Robb.

No event this week as I am away.
    Next will be Friday the 23rd!
    -Robb.

8.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #8
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Hey Robb,
    the next time you do one of these, shoot me a message!! I want to support this in some way.

Last event:

Hint 1: I am standing underwater by a rainbow.
    Hint 2: Kinda odd how you can stand here, beneath the water level with a waterfall crashing ontop of you yet my character is completely dry.
    Hint 3: The huge waterfalls here used to be a popular illegal tree farm location - until update 3.0

Congrats to Vanth! The location was W:1220'48'' S:1518'7'' in White Arden!

Hint 1: I am inside a secret room of a house.

Congrats to Indeep! The location was W:549'20'' S:1633'6'' in Cinderstone!

Hint 1: This lighthouse doesn't look very effective. I can't imagine there is any passing trade here.
    Hint 2: The lighthouse/tower doesnt even have a light, and it's not used for anything in the game!
    Hint 3: Back in the day this place had the most LIT banana tree farms

Congrats to Starsfeelsthinkingman! The location was W:1140'11'' S:2059'37'' in the South Arcadian Seas!

Hint 1: Go to Burnt Castle and GHA. See the stone fort tower used for the dungeon entrance? I am on top of another one of those towers somewhere else
    Hint 2: This is on Nuia by the way Hint 3: I am at the very top of the tower in the duplicate castle!
    Hint 4: The name of this castle is not entirely accurate. It is named on the map with a label.

Congrats to Razz! The location was W:1358'39'' S:1942'8'' in Hellswamp Woodhenge Castle!

The next event will be this Friday the 23rd at 22:00 gmt+0 (23:00 CET) and might involve a tradepack! Bring a ship.
    -Robb.

This event will be moving to Retribution!

This is due to Tempest going a bit quiet in terms of server activity, and Retribution having been the most active server for the past 6 months.

I invite all of you who enjoyed this event to make an alt on Retribution with a glider/mount - the prize afterall is an APEX which gives credits that can be spent on any character on any server.

Hope to see you there!
    -Robb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast