+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should the West potatoes hate?

Angry Who should the West potatoes hate?

So much talk lately in chat about KOS this guild or TTK did that and as a potato that runs my farms and keeps to trade packs in (mostly) friendly territories, I do not usually get too involved in who purpled whose mom or what packs were stolen by what guild. I have zero idea who I am supposed to be hating at this moment. Can someone who is in the know from the west spell out some deets to bring the West Nation potato peoples up to speed? I do not want to unintentionally drive my pack wagon past someone I am supposed to hate and not shake my fist angrily while drinking my Stella.

I am looking at this from a purely Western / Nuian perspective. So please:
    1. Who should we hate? And name known alts too.
    2. What guilds or other tags (nations?) should we hate?
    3. Are there secret societies in the West that allied with the hated guilds or nations that we need to know about?
    4. What about the degenerate pirates? What names and alts should we be on the lookout for? Like are there scumbag west alts that are actually pirate spies that we should avoid?

And if there is already a database of anti-West scum that we should avoid, KOS, laugh at, and generally avoid please let me know.

Thank you all in advance. I will check back for responses later after I pick olives and grab my barley crops. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Compliance View Post
    So much talk lately in chat about KOS this guild or TTK did that and as a potato that runs my farms and keeps to trade packs in (mostly) friendly territories, I do not usually get too involved in who purpled whose mom or what packs were stolen by what guild. I have zero idea who I am supposed to be hating at this moment. Can someone who is in the know from the west spell out some deets to bring the West Nation potato peoples up to speed? I do not want to unintentionally drive my pack wagon past someone I am supposed to hate and not shake my fist angrily while drinking my Stella.

3. Are there secret societies in the West that allied with the hated guilds or nations that we need to know about?
    4. What about the degenerate pirates? What names and alts should we be on the lookout for? Like are there scumbag west alts that are actually pirate spies that we should avoid?

And if there is already a database of anti-West scum that we should avoid, KOS, laugh at, and generally avoid please let me know.

Thank you all in advance. I will check back for responses later after I pick olives and grab my barley crops. Cheers.

Hate is such a strong word.

I think it comes down to most players have a problem with anyone who:

- dictates how you & others should play the game
    - impress upon you who the enemy is that > and that you should hate them too
    - continually infer you are a fail > because of your lack of good gear > or your amount of possessions does not impress them

We know if we leave peace that Nation, Pirates, the East or our own faction > might kill us. And if we carry packs they might be taken. It's part of the game mechanics.

But our server has actually been pretty good about not suffering the smaller, less geared players unnecessarily > unless they are tempting fate by moving a large number of packs. Can't blame someone for jumping them. It's part of the game.

Except, if you are a green pirate, own up to it. Don't whomp down on folks and say "you are an alt" and leave them completely confused. Just own up to being a green pirate.

___

Anywho... I've had folks from the west, from Nation, and even pirates light down in my car when I was simply running it through war zones. Did not get killed, not even once. Most times they chatted, or simply said hi. I've had folks from Nation and Pirates show me their homes, help me out or just simply show me kindness in the game, because I decided long ago to play the game a farmer, staying out of most of the little wars breaking out.

It was a nice layer to play the game on and no one, not even my Guild had an issue with it. That was nice too.

Caustic player who are toxic to each other and to anyone who is not on their side, are the ones that I think most of us have issues with. It takes the enjoyment out of the game. The continual incessant bickering & bullying tends to drive folks from the server and even the game.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Vengeance Server
    (Jing & JeJune retired)
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a potato.
    Then always be... a potato <3

Mostly just don't trust reds for the most part. However there are a few groups in west who are known alt guilds for hostile groups. In particular, never trust Coffee Time for Puppers or Dirt Merchants as they are known TTK alt guilds.

TTK are our primary enemies. A lot of Haranyans back TTK from what I understand so for the most part red is dead.

Some people say Respecting Daddy is a friendly pirate guild. I've heard they have been attacking low level unguildeds and can say for a fact they have stolen burning logs from people in our guild so I would really discourage trusting them. My personal impression of them is opportunist pirates who try to save face by sucking up to the larger western guilds.

I personally like Kys who are now pirate but I think that's largely because I've been an outspoken supporter of their war against TTK and showed up to heal them in multiple of their fights. Not sure if they will refuse to steal packs from the general green. Whether or not you are willing to run packs in front of them I would encourage sharing any actionable intel you get on TTK with them as they tend to bring out the big guns and get stuff done about it.

Not secret but as mentioned Dirt Merchants and Coffee time for puppers. There is some speculation by some in the west that ATF has been backing TTK and you should avoid running packs around them. ATF adamantly denies this is the case. I've seen evidence on both sides of this theory and I'm not going to come out and say either way without more evidence but you should probably be aware of that rumor if you're deciding who to be cautious around.

I've also heard a lot of people say the Brazilians who came back from TTK such as Mckk are green pirates. Again I have no evidence so take it with a grain of salt.

If you're a potato stick to the confirmed list. That's Dirt Merchants and Coffee Time for Puppers. The people who used to advocate against killing known TTK alts have been crushed or silenced for the most part so nobody is going to give you much of a hard time about that. Don't get involved in the rest of the drama. Nobody is going to hold it against you for playing Switzerland and not speaking out or getting involved in these matters. Once you become visibly involved in supporting any faction / sub-faction their opponents are going to turn their attention to you. Possibly in terms of killing you depending on how vocal you get, almost certainly in terms of no longer trusting you or offering you aid if you need it.

I think a great example of this is Knights of The Blood Oath. They don't really vocally support or oppose any of the sub-factions in the west. And as such nobody hates them. If you're going to get publicly involved in fights such as ATF vs Kys even just as a commentator then you should be prepared to fight for whatever faction you side with against the faction they're fighting.
    Harbingers of Freedom - Dwarf - Vengeance
    Shield Healer (Hierophant)

"To hell with honor. Win!" - Harbingers of Freedom Motto
    Claiming you're a hardcore PvPer because you have good gear in a no-loot drop game is like claiming you have high spice tolerance because you eat Taco Bell fire sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemik View Post
    Don't get involved in the rest of the drama. Nobody is going to hold it against you for playing Switzerland and not speaking out or getting involved in these matters. Once you become visibly involved in supporting any faction / sub-faction their opponents are going to turn their attention to you. Possibly in terms of killing you depending on how vocal you get, almost certainly in terms of no longer trusting you or offering you aid if you need it.
    Yes, you have to be careful don't you.

Sometimes getting in a group with someone a person does not like, can get you noted as friend, even if it's a very large group just trying to do content.

Sometimes, asking folks to take their hour long insult-fest in Nation or Faction chat to whisper, also gets you ripped up and kosed.

Sometimes, just being kind to someone can also get you said to be an enemy or alt or ally.

I'm not sure when the game took this drastic turn of events, but it would be nice to go back to our more pleasant days where folks kept their insults and continual negative comments in whisper or to their own private forums.
    (Jing & JeJune retired)

Oh absolutely you can get killed for joining the wrong guild. Guild tags are essentially a uniform that says you support that organization. Even if all you do in a guild is farm potatoes and run dungeons, if you sell any of those potatoes to your guildies at a guild special rate, that's helping them. If you're rounding out their dungeon parties that's helping them. Any decent guild member supports their guild by being there so it really would be kind of demeaning to you to assume you don't support your guild in some way. Your support for your leadership is implied by that tag over your head. And your leadership's support of your actions is implied by them allowing you to wear it.

It's really kind of absurd to expect anything else in a game that allows Open World PvP. It falls upon you to research a guild before joining it, and to get out if something bad comes to light. I try to inform guild leadership if one of their members is misrepresenting them before taking any drastic actions but neither me nor anybody else has time to go around and inform every individual member of a guild if their leadership is misrepresenting them.
    Harbingers of Freedom - Dwarf - Vengeance
    Shield Healer (Hierophant)

"To hell with honor. Win!" - Harbingers of Freedom Motto
    Claiming you're a hardcore PvPer because you have good gear in a no-loot drop game is like claiming you have high spice tolerance because you eat Taco Bell fire sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemik View Post
    Oh absolutely you can get killed for joining the wrong guild. Guild tags are essentially a uniform that says you support that organization. Even if all you do in a guild is farm potatoes and run dungeons, if you sell any of those potatoes to your guildies at a guild special rate, that's helping them. If you're rounding out their dungeon parties that's helping them. Any decent guild member supports their guild by being there so it really would be kind of demeaning to you to assume you don't support your guild in some way. Your support for your leadership is implied by that tag over your head. And your leadership's support of your actions is implied by them allowing you to wear it.

It's really kind of absurd to expect anything else in a game that allows Open World PvP. It falls upon you to research a guild before joining it, and to get out if something bad comes to light. I try to inform guild leadership if one of their members is misrepresenting them before taking any drastic actions but neither me nor anybody else has time to go around and inform every individual member of a guild if their leadership is misrepresenting them.
    To be honest, there is simply not enough folks on the server to do some things together. It helps to invite others and simply make a pact that we won't do anything before, during or after - till we all are clear and ported out. It is what it is.

We also have such a low population, we really don't have the luxury of telling what might be our only buyer, that we "Don't accept their gold". Really not feasible. A person from Nation came over and bought one of my Gazebos. Sorry but to me, their coin is a equal to anyone else's coin.

I don't really call that supporting the enemy, as much as I call it "supporting myself and my own agendas".

Our leadership is not always perfect and also make bad decisions. If my leadership won't join me in things I need to do, then I'm going to group up with whomever has the gear, won't kill me and is competent enough to get through the situation w/o too much loss of life. Again, really not a big population we've had last 4-5 months.

And if my leadership tells me "I cannot sell to A B or C" then, they need to be forking over the money to pay for what I'm selling. I need the coin. Period. Not picky on who buys my land, my potatoes or anything else.

I support my guild when they support me. I support my leaders when they support me.

We literally can try for days to get a squad going or sell something high end. At some point, we kinda got to accept assistance or money from whomever is willing to buy. It's just that simple. We don't have the luxury at this point, with our dwindling population to turn these types of offers down.
    (Jing & JeJune retired)

+ Reply to Thread