+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small Change in Naval Arena suggested.

Small Change in Naval Arena suggested.

After playing alot of naval arena i see the same thing over and over.

You first go for the buff , Damn its the yellow one! Not needed we are full health at the beginning of the match.

At this point the buff stays and blocks the next spawn for a new buff.

Can we have the yellow buff a bit altered ? I suggest giving it also a 10 or 5 % speedboost or a 3 min healthregen , Like a beastbuff would do
    so its not useless in the beginning anymore.

If you think having both purple and yellow would be too OP maybe let the buffs overwrite eachother ?

So they dont stack.

I would also like to see a Queue Counter , So you can see how many ppl are already in queue waiting for a match.

Here are some more suggestions other people mentioned to make the arena more attractive.

* An option to join Naval Arena as a group.

* Give the ship 30 sec ownersmark on spawn, So only the Partyleader can grab the wheel and not some random troll/alt.

* Make the yellow buff a "collectable" so you can use it "once" whenever received to much damage.
    (Like an extra skill for the ship that repairs when captain uses the ''collected'' skill , Its a chance to avoid getting 1 shot by a purple if used wisely)

* Change the buffs so that they disappear if not taken after 30 seconds, so ppl stop to camp/wait and actually have to use it and play the game.

* Give points/souls for destroying a ship or a boostbuff (shipspeed) for a minute.

* Make it possible for ppl to return to the arena if they get a DC.

* Give ppl that get pushed from the ship more swimspeed to be able to return to the ship without the need to swim half an hour to reach the ship.
    (Or respawn on the ship not on land)

* If ppl repair ship components, make it like they use a component to not getting pushed from the ship.
    (basicly attach char to ship while repairing)

* Increase the number of kyrios medals for the 3rd/4th groups to attract more ppl to join even if they loose.
    (ppl that win alot get much more from the ranking bonus at the end of the month, So it has to be more attractive to join even if you lose)

* Remove the option to drop anchor on ships , it has no use other then for trolls.

* AFK kicker after the Tag appears and the option to join for someone who is waiting in que.
    (with the option message to decide if joining a running match or skip to a new round)

What do you guys think about it ?

BUMP

Would be nice if someone of the team could atleast react on this feedback and tell us if there will be changes at all for the naval arena or if all hope is lost and the naval arena will be like:

1 - 2 fights at the start of the month and thats it because ppl dont like it that much.
    Eanna - Darkfeather {StandBy} --> new archer meta

I think a lot of your comments are pretty good.

Clearly something needs to change with the Naval Arena, as not a lot of people queue for it.

One thing you don't mention, which I think might also help is reducing the time by 4-5 minutes. I find Naval areans to be like MM. Fun at the start, fun at the end, and a chore in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    I think a lot of your comments are pretty good.

Clearly something needs to change with the Naval Arena, as not a lot of people queue for it.

One thing you don't mention, which I think might also help is reducing the time by 4-5 minutes. I find Naval areans to be like MM. Fun at the start, fun at the end, and a chore in the middle.
    No one queues because arenas are freaking boring and the alt trains abusing them make it unbearable anyway. The only reason you see people in there are the rewards, very few people go in there because it's actually fun. If the rewards weren't there it probably wouldn't get used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    No one queues because arenas are freaking boring and the alt trains abusing them make it unbearable anyway. The only reason you see people in there are the rewards, very few people go in there because it's actually fun. If the rewards weren't there it probably wouldn't get used at all.
    Ok you found some problems but please give some solutions you think might help prevent this , Dont make this a discussiontread ,Give me ur Ideas instead

Check this month's patch notes for the changes to the naval arena.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Check this month's patch notes for the changes to the naval arena.
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2670260

Seems some suggestions were heard, BUT ,I would really like to see the Q counter.
    This way ppl can see if and how many players are already in Q.

Quote Originally Posted by kiroshin View Post
    Ok you found some problems but please give some solutions you think might help prevent this , Dont make this a discussiontread ,Give me ur Ideas instead
    Delete all arenas and make more open world events with well distributed objectives and turn in spots so that all players can participate. Things like the Daru Delivery and the Sea chest one (just with adjusted rewards so it's not only gold). Arenas are garbage in this game and people only do them when rewards are good... but they don't do them because they like arena they do them because they get stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Delete all arenas and make more open world events with well distributed objectives and turn in spots so that all players can participate. Things like the Daru Delivery and the Sea chest one (just with adjusted rewards so it's not only gold). Arenas are garbage in this game and people only do them when rewards are good... but they don't do them because they like arena they do them because they get stuff.
    See i wasnt a fan of arenas either ..Untill Naval Arena Appeared. By now iam addicted to it and it hurts me that no ppl Q anymore.
    Naval Arena is being worked on to improve the gameplay.Lets hope this has some effect.
    Some ppl fell in love with the Drenching Arena and really want it to return. I just think you just havent found ur Type of arena yet..
    Also Celestrata mentioned in the last Devtalk that that Seatreasure chest event AKA ''Riches of the Depths'' is on the list
    Here is the part she talks about it > https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229726303?t=00h40m17s

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrotherhood View Post
    See i wasnt a fan of arenas either ..Untill Naval Arena Appeared. By now iam addicted to it and it hurts me that no ppl Q anymore.
    Naval Arena is being worked on to improve the gameplay.Lets hope this has some effect.
    Some ppl fell in love with the Drenching Arena and really want it to return. I just think you just havent found ur Type of arena yet..
    Also Celestrata mentioned in the last Devtalk that that Seatreasure chest event AKA ''Riches of the Depths'' is on the list
    Here is the part she talks about it > https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229726303?t=00h40m17s
    If I wanted arena I'd go play a MOBA since they are usually well designed. The entire point of ArcheAge is most of the game doesn't happen in instances and all of the Arenas are boring, unbalanced, or just places for alts to farm free honor.

+ Reply to Thread