+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is a Bastion viable in the age of glass cannons and super tanks?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    On queue
    Posts
    1,466

    Is a Bastion viable in the age of glass cannons and super tanks?

    Title says it all, been playing Primeval for a while now, and doing pretty good, but kinda wanna try something for a change, so I was wondering if Bastion would be a viable choice.

    For bastion, i would get a divine ayanad earth shield w/ block rate gems, but my crit dmg bonus would drop from like 156% to 112% when my offhand dagger is gone.

    What do you guys think?

    Gear:
    Erenor Celestial Bow
    4 part divine Ayanad Gale
    2 part divine t5 Obsidian
    1 part divine auroria wrists (+5s intensity)

    Mockup build:
    http://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/474284

    Darkrunners, Darkrunners everywhere... -- Dead Enigmatist

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,297
    Is this for now or 4.5? I think it makes more sense in 4.5 when we lose toxic shot from our burst rotation anyways. Damage wise you wouldn't be losing as much burst, but you lose the stalkers mark damage bonus and combos.

    If I was going to go bastion in 4.5 I would go more stationary turret kinda build with the new float and deadeye.

    I personally enjoyed Stonearrow more than I enjoyed Bastion, but I only went into defense really for utility, not much defense, so milage varies.

    I wouldnt waste $$ on the auroria wrists given intensity is garbage in 4.5, at least in comparison to what it is now. Chargebolt gets another 2 sec cooldown, so boots might be a better choice.

    End of the day, play what you enjoy and keeps you logging in.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    On queue
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Is this for now or 4.5? I think it makes more sense in 4.5 when we lose toxic shot from our burst rotation anyways. Damage wise you wouldn't be losing as much burst, but you lose the stalkers mark damage bonus and combos.

    If I was going to go bastion in 4.5 I would go more stationary turret kinda build with the new float and deadeye.

    I personally enjoyed Stonearrow more than I enjoyed Bastion, but I only went into defense really for utility, not much defense, so milage varies.

    I wouldnt waste $$ on the auroria wrists given intensity is garbage in 4.5, at least in comparison to what it is now. Chargebolt gets another 2 sec cooldown, so boots might be a better choice.

    End of the day, play what you enjoy and keeps you logging in.
    That would be for now, in 4.5 w/ the block/parry changes, I'm still considering, thinking that maybe defense will be way less powerful.

    The gear I already have, what I don't have is the shield.
    Darkrunners, Darkrunners everywhere... -- Dead Enigmatist

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Goethe View Post
    That would be for now, in 4.5 w/ the block/parry changes, I'm still considering, thinking that maybe defense will be way less powerful.

    The gear I already have, what I don't have is the shield.
    defense isn't op because of blockrate and invincibility only. it's op because of 12K self heals every 36 seconds + roar to kill anybodies dmg-output.
    in combination with wc there is a fall-dmg combo....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    On queue
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    defense isn't op because of blockrate and invincibility only. it's op because of 12K self heals every 36 seconds + roar to kill anybodies dmg-output.
    in combination with wc there is a fall-dmg combo....
    Can you plz clarify that, about how would you use the current skills, and if you can put ur defense build.
    http://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/474284
    Darkrunners, Darkrunners everywhere... -- Dead Enigmatist

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    894
    it's more about your gear concept: received healing in costume/undergearment... in endgame also in chestpiece + obs.-ss proved like 10K save heals under toughen with rev. cheer.
    anyway you want to have 16K pdef/mdef, 5K+ toughness/resil... so that dps income is healable with cheer.
    Bastion combines the two best defensive skilltrees... if you play this, don't focus too much on peek-dmg.
    Everything else is a question of mana-usage/mobility to earn time/... if you make it right... basic-attacks are enough to win every 1v1... for mass pvp you need more dps ofc.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts