+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #Failed to Load Game Data error

Exclamation #Failed to Load Game Data error

Excerpted from a closed thread that is no longer being updated.

Version Number for Patch update on 01/24/18 is: 373911

Version Number for Patch update on 01/30/18 is: 374443

Version Number for Patch update on 02/07/18 is: 375426

Version Number for Patch update on 02/14/18 is: 376154

Previous version number - 350873
    Current version number - 351593

If you've received this error, it means there was a data corruption during the patching process. This normally occurs when you attempt to patch while you have the game open playing on the opposite region. To ensure this does not occur, make certain you close the game completely before patching. The numbers above can be used in the history.txt document to identify a recent patch to redownload so that you only get those specific files. If you did not patch the game the previous week, we suggest using an older version number that is included in the below steps:
    1. Close Glyph/ArcheAge completely
    2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live
    3. Edit history.txt
    4. Replace the version number with 296716
    5. Save and Close the text file
    6. Close Glyph and Attempt to patch once again, additional files will be required to download

If these steps don't work for you, try following the troubleshooting on this article.
    Every other week, I have to roll back the version number in order to make Glyph work. If the version numbers are not updated weekly in the thread, older, more out of date numbers have to be used, which means a longer update will have to take place.

I will try and keep this post updated with current version numbers, as well as create a log of when this error appears, IE if I update during maintenance, or after. I know it's not an EU issue as I don't play on EU.

Itís funnier in Enochian.

I have been having the same issue as you, despite running Glyth as admin too.

I have 3 separate machines, some might get to patch ok, other(s) not, there is no consistency to the problem. it's RNGesus lol

I got to the point now that before patching I make a copy of the history file before patching, just in case.

Pre last night patch, the version number in my history.txt file was:

version 372700
    f

note the "f" (on a separate line)
    West ~ Thunderwing

Updated with most recent patch number.

hi i am problem start game.
    after new updating game is not launch - Failed to load game data! version is 374443f
    please help! thx
    sry my english

Quote Originally Posted by Playman32 View Post
    hi i am problem start game.
    after new updating game is not launch - Failed to load game data! version is 374443f
    please help! thx
    sry my english
    I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner. When that happens, follow the instructions in the original post, using the previous version from the week prior. Make certain that you close out of glyph and don't have any instances of the game running. Don't forget to save the history.txt file, and then restart glyph. It should ask you to update at that point and will redownload the most recent patch.

On rare occasions, you may have to use a version number older than one week, in which case it will simply take longer to download the most recent update.

+ Reply to Thread