+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rotating weekly meaningful events

Rotating weekly meaningful events

In the past we've seen some very meaningful events and how they've made actual progress towards people attending events such as those in Mistmerrow, Whalesong, and Aegis. I want to see those happen more often.

What we tend to see is that events last 2-4 weeks, and by the second week considerably less people attend anymore because of boredom or not caring for the rewards. We saw this with the last event in Mistmerrow where people got more rewards for attending as well as to kill the boss monsters afterwards. Folks attended for a few days in mass... Mass! Full raids on every side! After those few days though, participation once again died out.

Proposition:
    To avoid this "staleness" of meaningful events, we need some system of Publisher-triggered rotating events. This means week-long events that double or triple rewards for specific events, each week. This means one week we can have Mistmerrow rewards tripled, another we could have Luscas tripled, and so on. This makes the mass-attended gameplay rotate frequently and that allows for less-stale gameplay overall.

I strongly suggest tripling rewards in these cases as well, because for such amounts of rewards it becomes a real strategy to come out to events if only to try to prevent others completing them.

Idea list of rotating events, meant to fuel more thoughts:
    • Events that give special rewards such as killing the bosses after Mistmerrow. Giving coins is okay, and encouraged, because even if players miss it one week it will just come back another week instead.
    • Alternatively perhaps coins for every event are always the same, but switch what event they are rewarded from.
    • Triple rewards from specific common events such as Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Aegis, Whalesong, Luscas, Abyssal, CR, GR. The idea is to only have 1-2 active every week to emphasize focus on those to be attended by everyone for the duration without it becoming stale by lasting too long.
    • Mirage Isle fishing event occurring more often
    • Ocean trade pack events
    • Under water chest events
    • Mid-tier world boss reward events (such as Anthalon, the Hasla dudes, etc)

The goal here is to push for as much control as possible to Trion and other regions to allow for these events to occur often and rotate often- so even if you miss it one week you'll still be able to do it again another week. This also lets overall gameplay become less stale as the events switch frequently. Korea already has weekly events of their own but this would allow every region to control what the "mass attended" event becomes, and frankly, these ideas are more interesting than those weekly things that Korea gets.

If anyone has additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to contribute to this thread. Even if it's something as simple as "#Agree" or #Disagree" that would be brilliant, though if you disagree I'd encourage you to give us more of your thoughts.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Executioner full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Twitch.tv/gamepro03
    YouTube - Gamepro03
    Twitter @Gamepro03

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    Interesting suggestion. I'll be sure to bring this up with the team.

reset thursday till reset monday would be nice timeline for boosted rift rewards so that people that work weekends could benefit as well

I have no real issues with what you propose other than to suggest you add an arena event given we are now forced into doing ill conceived and terribly balanced arena's for the kyrios currency.

I personally do very few events these days because they are boring with crappy rewards. Your proposal would work for me because it just extends in game activities I either do or dont do based on personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    In the past we've seen some very meaningful events and how they've made actual progress towards people attending events such as those in Mistmerrow, Whalesong, and Aegis. I want to see those happen more often.

What we tend to see is that events last 2-4 weeks, and by the second week considerably less people attend anymore because of boredom or not caring for the rewards. We saw this with the last event in Mistmerrow where people got more rewards for attending as well as to kill the boss monsters afterwards. Folks attended for a few days in mass... Mass! Full raids on every side! After those few days though, participation once again died out.

Proposition:
    To avoid this "staleness" of meaningful events, we need some system of Publisher-triggered rotating events. This means week-long events that double or triple rewards for specific events, each week. This means one week we can have Mistmerrow rewards tripled, another we could have Luscas tripled, and so on. This makes the mass-attended gameplay rotate frequently and that allows for less-stale gameplay overall.

I strongly suggest tripling rewards in these cases as well, because for such amounts of rewards it becomes a real strategy to come out to events if only to try to prevent others completing them.

Idea list of rotating events, meant to fuel more thoughts:
    • Events that give special rewards such as killing the bosses after Mistmerrow. Giving coins is okay, and encouraged, because even if players miss it one week it will just come back another week instead.
    • Alternatively perhaps coins for every event are always the same, but switch what event they are rewarded from.
    • Triple rewards from specific common events such as Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Aegis, Whalesong, Luscas, Abyssal, CR, GR. The idea is to only have 1-2 active every week to emphasize focus on those to be attended by everyone for the duration without it becoming stale by lasting too long.
    • Mirage Isle fishing event occurring more often
    • Ocean trade pack events
    • Under water chest events
    • Mid-tier world boss reward events (such as Anthalon, the Hasla dudes, etc)

The goal here is to push for as much control as possible to Trion and other regions to allow for these events to occur often and rotate often- so even if you miss it one week you'll still be able to do it again another week. This also lets overall gameplay become less stale as the events switch frequently. Korea already has weekly events of their own but this would allow every region to control what the "mass attended" event becomes, and frankly, these ideas are more interesting than those weekly things that Korea gets.

If anyone has additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to contribute to this thread. Even if it's something as simple as "#Agree" or #Disagree" that would be brilliant, though if you disagree I'd encourage you to give us more of your thoughts.
    Yes, please! More and more events is always a good thing!

I think this idea has some serious potential.

I actually wonder how it would be if we had the daily events themselves on a rotating schedule. Rather than having all these events regularly (like Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Abyssal, etc), have one event happening for the whole week? Along with a chest reward that gives you better and better rewards the more you attend that week (although, maybe not such a great increase in rewards that it becomes mandatory to finish it all, just a nice cherry on top if you do).

Because I think one reason why raids can be sparse for these events (particularly daily ones like Halcy, MM, CR/GR) is because their rewards come from daily quests. Which, if you've finished once, there's no need to go again. If on your server, the bulk finish this quest in the morning and you come on at night, there's going to be no one joining the raid.

+ Reply to Thread