+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we get a parking brake for the car?

Can we get a parking brake for the car?

If you idle a car it rolls based on the terrain you're on. Also, people can ram a car or jump on it to make it move (griefing).

Both problems can easily be solved by adding a toggleable parking brake to the special moves on each car. I would envision a parking brake to make the car behave like a farm cart with respect to how it interacts with other objects. This means it wouldn't roll away and players wouldn't be able to bounce it around through various means of griefing.

I have seen (and supported) this idea in the past. Sometimes i want to talk in chat and my car will roll away, sometimes flipping... An E-Brake would be a great quality of life change.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I have seen (and supported) this idea in the past. Sometimes i want to talk in chat and my car will roll away, sometimes flipping... An E-Brake would be a great quality of life change.
    Going backwards then press 'autorun key' is the parking break we all use.
    ( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Kisses Morrrigan - Aranzeb - East (kisses occhi, momo, sisko)

Quote Originally Posted by inorevan View Post
    Going backwards then press 'autorun key' is the parking break we all use.
    That sometimes works for some situations. I'm interested in a real solution instead.

Autorun doesn't work when people are griefing you for example.

I've always thought the massive cost of crafting cars you would think this would be mandatory, I hate using my car because of this problem!

6.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #6
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    I've experienced this same thing! I just tap forward every now and then, or I park sideways on the hill. Luckily it doesn't roll away when you get out! Request noted.

car owner here: There is a handbreak in the game for cars but it's not very intuitive. You need to hit backwards twice (going to reverse) then hit auto-run. This locks the breaks and you'll have to tap forward again to start going.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I've experienced this same thing! I just tap forward every now and then, or I park sideways on the hill. Luckily it doesn't roll away when you get out! Request noted.
    Yes, I would like to see a feature to hit one of the abilities on my car and have it behave like a farm cart with respect to gravity and being pushed or bounced by other objects. Also hand brake mode would disable the slam option that allows people to grief a car owner.

Notice the distinction between what I'm asking for and what the current secret "hand brake" does. The key difference is that my proposed feature isn't griefable and isn't effected by those stupid hanging cargo things at the pack turn in. The reason people asked to have those removed is that they bat your car around and give you vertigo with rapid camera angle nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Motorbikes as well
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

+ Reply to Thread