+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crime points for crop theft creates a problem with 4.5 rules

Crime points for crop theft creates a problem with 4.5 rules

I fully support the change to crime point rules in 4.5 where players get 50 pts for murder and 5 pts for assault.

The 5 pts for crop theft opens a door for serious griefing. Think about it. You could plant a bunch of carrots in marianople and cause a new player to accidentally go pirate. You could plant a bunch of trees in some place and cause people to gain an absurd amount of crime points for trying to fix the problem.

How do you fix it? Easy. We already have a property system in place in the game. Players can easily plant crops in a safe way to prevent theft. As such, theft of illegal farms should not give ANY crime points. The fact that you get crime points for stealing from illegal farms is a self-contradictory aspect of archeage.

Summary...

Murder gives 50 crime points
    Assault gives 5 crime points
    Crop theft gives 0 crime points. Plant on your property if you want to secure crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I fully support the change to crime point rules in 4.5 where players get 50 pts for murder and 5 pts for assault.

The 5 pts for crop theft opens a door for serious griefing. Think about it. You could plant a bunch of carrots in marianople and cause a new player to accidentally go pirate. You could plant a bunch of trees in some place and cause people to gain an absurd amount of crime points for trying to fix the problem.

How do you fix it? Easy. We already have a property system in place in the game. Players can easily plant crops in a safe way to prevent theft. As such, theft of illegal farms should not give ANY crime points. The fact that you get crime points for stealing from illegal farms is a self-contradictory aspect of archeage.

Summary...

Crop theft gives 0 crime points. Plant on your property if you want to secure crops.
    I know we have folks that do not have patron and plant to try to raise money to get patron, but since they have little money for seed or saplings, these won't be the ones with large secret tree farms.

I think 0 crime points also for farming an illegal farm is fair, yet at the same time, something needs to be done to ensure patronless players do well enough with the pubic farms and there be something there to help them afford land in order to have patron.

We really need to put back the Family Donkey quest so that atleast gives them a chance to make 10G per day.

or.. put more wild plants and animals on the maps so they can farm them and make their own packs.

I pay for patron for 3 accounts, it does not hurt me to see someone who cannot afford patron trying to also have fun in the game and earn patron via buying APEX. Seems like a win win - since players sell APEX and Trion sells APEX for them to sell.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Vengeance Server
    (Jing & JeJune retired)
    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a potato.
    Then always be... a potato <3

Summary...

True, but that box keeps popping up that says "This belongs to someone else"

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    True, but that box keeps popping up that says "This belongs to someone else"
    Exactly! the first 24hrs will be a problem to steal after that fair game + you get a warning which I have received on occasion from picking players crops that planted off property, but once I get the warning I cancel.

Leave it as is please, working properly. Not to mention it already cost extra labor to plant off property so protecting it for 24 hrs seems right to me
    Love this game. Find me on Conviction server Sunbite Wilds / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Exactly! the first 24hrs will be a problem to steal after that fair game + you get a warning which I have received on occasion from picking players crops that planted off property, but once I get the warning I cancel.

Leave it as is please, working properly. Not to mention it already cost extra labor to plant off property so protecting it for 24 hrs seems right to me
    Many crops are mature in less time.

Those can be planted en masse.

I really think this will be a problem.

Many crops are mature in less time.

Those can be planted en masse.

I really think this will be a problem.
    Yeah, lots of resources available to people is always a problem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Not to mention it already cost extra labor to plant off property so protecting it for 24 hrs seems right to me
    It doesn't cost labor anymore to plant in the wild. Do you still agree with the protection now?
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread