+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For the love of fricking baby jesus, how the hell do I turn off the damn visual effects!!!

For the love of fricking baby jesus, how the hell do I turn off the damn visual effects!!!

Seriously I have wasted the last four hours IRL battling GD archeage and its craptastic UI and setup files.

Weapon Enchant Effects and Lunastone FX keep re-activating. I CAN'T TURN THEM OFF!!!!

If I log one character in they are gone. When I try to log all my characters in they re-activate and my CPU goes to 100%. And then my computer crashes.

Help. Please. I need to permanently disable all these stupid HQ UI effects across the board on ALL INSTANCES.

How do I do it??

Cause one at a time don't work... logging all in don't work... why is Trion and XL FORCING us to HQ mode... I think I'm the best judge of how much my computer can handle thank you very much!

i hate you archeage

https://i.imgur.com/oHZme30.jpg

In your system.cfg

e_use_enhanced_effect = 0
    e_use_gem_effect = 0

Then put system.cfg to read-only under properties. If a second system.cfg is made, put that to read-only as well.

As for why it's buggy, game's probably not tested for everything working on multiple instances since they don't actually support that (even if it's possible).

thank you.. you rock!
    sorry for the rant!

Is there a good list online of all the other options in the file so I can tweak it for max performance?

cheers

This happens when you log in your main then log in alts and then log them in and out in different order.

If you are running multiple clients always log in your main first, then your alts, then log out your alts, then log out your main.

thanks for that tip. have been logging in the same order but when dc's happen it becomes impossible to log out that way.

i found some more info. even though i have those lines to turn off the fx, the first logon still has the fx active - just unchecked. the cpu is chugging harder and the textures are all different. a client close fixes that.

last thing is i found that apparently while that fx thing is controlled by the config file, the sound levels and other things like UI size which also keep resetting, are part of the USERx profile. so there was multiple things to manage.

everything finally back to normal, thanks both for your help

+ Reply to Thread