+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: People tryting to troll AA are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehsa View Post
    Could you please get your facts straight? First of all, they raised over $3.2 million, not 1 million.

Second, they have a team of over 60 people working on the project right now.

And they just released an hour of pre-alpha gameplay. They are trying to build something for the gamers out there who are tired of the p2w cashgrab BS... Why would you knock them for that?

https://youtu.be/VM7d8BpYix4
    I knew I could draw your kind out of the wood work :P Talk at you in 2 yrs time when all that $$$ is gone and you have nothing to show for LOL

Nice first post by the way, funny that. Also do you have any kind words for the 1000's of angry crowd funders who paid $100's for early access only to be left out? That's just going to be the first of many disappointments to come
    Love this game. Find me on Kadum server Sunbite Wilds / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    well unlike WOW where you can buy a lvl 100 character right out of the gate with completely equipped raid gear at least in AA you need to craft it which actually requires some effort :P
    Well, it's just level boost https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...haracter-boost.
    Can you prove 'completely equipped raid gear'?

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    The truth is you can google almost any product / service and you will get masses of ♥♥♥♥♥ing. It is your call if you want to play or not, rather just move on to "another store" if you are not happy instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else
    Do you mind explaining which part of my post ruins something for you? I'm sorry, I'll take it into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
    Can you prove 'completely equipped raid gear'?.
    We are getting technical I see with wording but that's cool. The gear you get is in the region of 870ish level if my memory serves me and you get 3 artifacts to equip in it as well . WOWs gear progression is quite different

or

maybe if Archeage allowed players to buy a level 55 character out of the gate completely equipped with a gear score of say 6000. Be same thing

Think anyone would cry PTW ?
    Love this game. Find me on Kadum server Sunbite Wilds / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    We are getting technical I see with wording but that's cool. The gear you get is in the region of 870ish level if my memory serves me and you get 3 artifacts to equip in it as well . WOWs gear progression is quite different

or

maybe if Archeage allowed players to buy a level 55 character out of the gate completely equipped with a gear score of say 6000. Be same thing

Think anyone would cry PTW ?
    Let's be real.

Giving (I guess non-upgrade PVE) 870ish gear when current maximum ilvl is 981 (https://www.wowprogress.com/gearscore/), as well as giving 6k in AA when maximum is close to 12k has nothing to do with the 'win' part in P2W. It's just an entry level gear for the end game content.

However anyone would cry anyway for whatever reason.

People complain about P2W, people complain about "play to win" (multiple accounts) but don't forget those P2W are actually paying for the game which needs to be run by someone who is getting salary, and some bosses should see profits otherwise game won't exist at all.
    On other hand players who run 10 accounts and play 10 hours per day are more passionate about game and want to see return of their work compared to lazy casuals.
    This is going to be like this in any game with similar business model.

Of course you can remove APEX and any form of p2w but this way you gonna remove all free players with p2w players leaving only middle ground with rather expensive subscription (to make up income wise for whale loss) and leaving game with even less players. And even amongst these players there will be hardcore players, multiple accounts or some other way, they will be ahead gear wise of those who are casual and latter will complain about it

I think people who complain about game probably shouldn't be looking at MMO games with gear progression and economy at all, but rather battle arena or shooter type of games wherr you don't have much gear progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirran View Post
    You CAN have ANYTHING with real money in AA because gold is the main resource in game.
    You can buy gold from trion? Yes, check (apexes);
    No you cant. You can buy an Item which has to be sold to the players. And you have to remember that even gold in this game was "crafted" from labor.

You can buy gold from gold sellers? Yes, check;
    And in this regard, any game which technically allows it, is P2W. Congratulations, EVE online is P2W

Regarding World of Warcraft and "instant max level" the defense said by its supporters is "but max leve is nothing". Its about skipping progress - thats one of the definitions of p2w.

What AA allows is that you can purchase progress generated by other players for Apex. I dont see that as a problem by definition, however alts and botting is making it way too easy.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
    Do you mind explaining which part of my post ruins something for you? I'm sorry, I'll take it into account.
    I didn't mean you, we were referring to the collective people, not an individual. Nothing you said was taken in a bad way at all

Each person will have their own opinion, nothing is wrong with that at all. Mostly ex players try poisoning new players by only telling them the worst of the worst, I think they should just move on if they feel that way. But, you know, they can't find anything else offering the same experience so they just sorta hang around and surface only for more negativity.

So the initial post is regarding a negative press campaign by another gaming company attempting to discredit Archeage wrote by someone who has never played the game and got it confused with the mobile game... and people on this forum ignored that and agree with the bots review / start a negative rant just because Orio was the poster?

That's pretty funny stuff in its own right
    Sakuracalli (West)

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraCalleil View Post
    So the initial post is regarding a negative press campaign by another gaming company attempting to discredit Archeage wrote by someone who has never played the game and got it confused with the mobile game... and people on this forum ignored that and agree with the bots review / start a negative rant just because Orio was the poster?

That's pretty funny stuff in its own right
    Gives an idea about "people" who are posting here their "criticism"
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

"Somebody is offering something... probably same guy/or company paid for DDoS"
    We have plenty of this in the mainstream media. Someone wrote a couple of negative comments on youtube, there's nothing to discuss here.

I can create another topic and write 'no matter how many AA servers are closed (i.e. merged), some trolls dont see that as a problem by definition'.
    Yeah, these trolls are funny of course.

I'm not even sure why this topic initially was and still is in 'Gameplay discussion'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4