+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: People tryting to troll AA are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirran View Post
    You CAN have ANYTHING with real money in AA because gold is the main resource in game.
    You can buy gold from trion? Yes, check (apexes);
    You can buy gold from gold sellers? Yes, check;
    You can buy weapons and armors at highest tiers for gold you bought from Trion or goldsellers? You absolutely can, check.

So, here we go. Absolutely P2W game where even game holding company selling gold via apexes. Not p2w, nah-nah-nah.
    So you just described World of Warcraft which has all that you mentioned also. Its nothing new and very few games are not like that. The only true model of a free to play not pay to win game out there is Path of Exile which I have played on and off. Maybe Trion can solicit Smile Gate and bring Lost Ark from Korea to NA Then POE will have some real competition in that gaming Genera

It really only seems to affect the pvp players anyway and I enjoy AA for all it offers the non pvp player. Best interactive housing of any MMO , Best diverse/complex economy of any MMO, beautiful graphics, an actual under water environment where you can treasure hunt and fish not to mention more modes of travel in this game than any other MMO and the list goes on

Trolls you say? I believe it. I remember about the time server merges were coming up and Steve from now Ashes of Creation had left Archeage (where he had played) to make his own game. I saw all kinds of posts here about Ashes of Creation Hype. But my gamer friends and I know its a SCAM which took over a million from its crowd funding fans

Its very easy to put together some flashy graphics and make a small half arse demo for PAX. Building a game of that magnitude and fulfilling all his claims will never happen in under 2 years and when the $$$$ dries up and set backs happen you will have the Big SONY Ever Quest Next flop

Do I think players who sunk tons of $$$$$ into that crowd fund are here trolling their chief competition while their dream get dangled in front of their face. Yep, absolutely
    Love this game. Find me on Kadum server Sunbite Wilds / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

Quote Originally Posted by Majro View Post
    because in forums there are only people who hate the game -- ppl who enjoy playing dont need to spend their life crying on forums
    AA forums is the only place where we can get up to date information about current and upcoming game events.
    So you're wrong, all kind of people are here and some of them just give constructive feedback.
    To be honest I really doubt that someone hates the game but still continues playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    So you just described World of Warcraft which has all that you mentioned also. Its nothing new and very few games are not like that. The only true model of a free to play not pay to win game out there is Path of Exile which I have played on and off. Maybe Trion can solicit Smile Gate and bring Lost Ark from Korea to NA Then POE will have some real competition in that gaming Genera

It really only seems to affect the pvp players anyway and I enjoy AA for all it offers the non pvp player. Best interactive housing of any MMO , Best diverse/complex economy of any MMO, beautiful graphics, an actual under water environment where you can treasure hunt and fish not to mention more modes of travel in this game than any other MMO and the list goes on

Trolls you say? I believe it. I remember about the time server merges were coming up and Steve from now Ashes of Creation had left Archeage (where he had played) to make his own game. I saw all kinds of posts here about Ashes of Creation Hype. But my gamer friends and I know its a SCAM which took over a million from its crowd funding fans

Its very easy to put together some flashy graphics and make a small half arse demo for PAX. Building a game of that magnitude and fulfilling all his claims will never happen in under 2 years and when the $$$$ dries up and set backs happen you will have the Big SONY Ever Quest Next flop

Do I think players who sunk tons of $$$$$ into that crowd fund are here trolling their chief competition while their dream get dangled in front of their face. Yep, absolutely
    Yes, in almost any game these days you can buy something using real money.
    The question is whether it gives competitive advantages over other players or not?

In AA whales buy the latest and most powerful gear which no one else has or will have in the near future.
    This creates a gear gap because it takes months to farm and build such gear even if you're a hardcore gamer.

In WoW you can't buy something that is not available to hardcore players.
    Someone still needs to obtain top tier gear for you (since it is not craftable), therefore hardcore players always have the same opportunities.

Eve online is similar to WoW but there you can even easily lose the ship you bought.

In other words P2W is not about using real money to buy something in game.
    It is about buying advantages that are not currently available to anyone else even if they play 24x7.
    In fact a lot of other games are not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
    AA forums is the only place where we can get up to date information about current and upcoming game events.
    So you're wrong, all kind of people are here and some of them just give constructive feedback.
    To be honest I really doubt that someone hates the game but still continue playing.
    these ppl, who come here for infos rarely speak.. only the majority constantly whines about the game being P2W, wanting compensation every single time (even they are not affected by the outage), crying if the compensation package is delayed by 1 or 2 days, crying that servers are not up 5 mins after ETA, trion this, trion that... none game is perfect, but if u dont like the game, just dont play it, no one is forcing u

and ofc there are a lot of ppl who come here to trash talk and dont even play the game -- if u can read, there is one guy on the 1st page admitting that he doesnt play the game

if the game is P2W and u cant live with that, just dont play it.. its not like u meet p2w ppl on every occasion, there are a lot of ppl playing completely for free thanks to guys who pay for the game -- trion isnt charity

To be honest I really doubt that someone hates the game but still continues playing.
    You must be new here

When you manage to find the answer to that, please tell me too because that is the forum / reddit community directly, and I don't understand it myself either.

In game community is a pretty different picture though.

I can find respect for a good Original troll attempt, but more often than not trolls are not Original and just being rude, disrespectful in both being a waste of time and in the way the don't add anything useful. A good troll can get a good laugh out of me. But, it's all subjective, right? I find most people just fail at even being a troll.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Majro View Post
    these ppl, who come here for infos rarely speak.. only the majority constantly whines about the game being P2W, wanting compensation every single time (even they are not affected by the outage), crying if the compensation package is delayed by 1 or 2 days, crying that servers are not up 5 mins after ETA, trion this, trion that... none game is perfect, but if u dont like the game, just dont play it, no one is forcing u

and ofc there are a lot of ppl who come here to trash talk and dont even play the game -- if u can read, there is one guy on the 1st page admitting that he doesnt play the game

if the game is P2W and u cant live with that, just dont play it.. its not like u meet p2w ppl on every occasion, there are a lot of ppl playing completely for free thanks to guys who pay for the game -- trion isnt charity
    I don't care about AA being P2W.
    I do care about people claiming 'AA is not P2W' or 'All other games are P2W as well'. This is not true.
    I do care about the game because I like it, and I'm not happy to see that the number of players is constantly declining as a result of the way it is evolving.

Anyway if the forum is full of trash talks and u cant live with that, just use your own advise and don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    You must be new here

When you manage to find the answer to that, please tell me too because that is the forum / reddit community directly, and I don't understand it myself either.

In game community is a pretty different picture though.
    I prefer to think they love AA, but hate the way Trion/XL develop and publish it.
    And I can understand why. In many cases it isn't about P2W or gameplay, in many cases it is about fixing bugs and keep their own promises.
    Which are totally normal expectations for any commercial service, aren't they?

well unlike WOW where you can buy a lvl 100 character right out of the gate with completely equipped raid gear at least in AA you need to craft it which actually requires some effort :P
    Love this game. Find me on Kadum server Sunbite Wilds / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

I don't care about AA being P2W.
    I do care about people claiming 'AA is not P2W' or 'All other games are P2W as well'. This is not true.
    I do care about the game because I like it, and I'm not happy to see that the number of players is constantly declining as a result of the way it is evolving.

Anyway if the forum is full of trash talks and u cant live with that, just use your own advise and don't read it.

I prefer to think they love AA, but hate the way Trion/XL develop and publish it.
    And I can understand why. In many cases it isn't about P2W or gameplay, in many cases it is about fixing bugs and keep their own promises.
    Which are totally normal expectations for any commercial service, aren't they?
    The truth is you can google almost any product / service and you will get masses of ♥♥♥♥♥ing. It is your call if you want to play or not, rather just move on to "another store" if you are not happy instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post

Could you please get your facts straight? First of all, they raised over $3.2 million, not 1 million.

Second, they have a team of over 60 people working on the project right now.

And they just released an hour of pre-alpha gameplay. They are trying to build something for the gamers out there who are tired of the p2w cashgrab BS... Why would you knock them for that?

https://youtu.be/VM7d8BpYix4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast