+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Hp/Damage reduction

Need help with Hp/Damage reduction

Atm I have 29,2k HP (30,7k with pet) with 13% damage reduction and play as Paladin/Hexblade in Leather armor.I want to ask if it good to reroll my 2 Lightning Delphinad Earrings to Wave for 4,8% damage reduction? My rings for now is Flame Delphinad should I roll them for lightning or Gale version?
    By the side I really appreciated if somebody can show me a tool to calculate Damage reduction.I found some google tools but they all blocked or out of date.
    Sorry for my bad English.

if nothing got changed.
    dmg reduction = (m/pdef * reduction in character-info * reduction of toughness)
    in total: result of dmg-reduction - flat reduction

you must be aware of that flat tankyness only helps you if you can survive for a very long time or if it lifts you above your attacker while not loosing too much dmg output.
    The question of switching (ear)-ring should be answered by testing and your playstyle.

The more total hp you have the better DR becomes, so in your case the dr earrings would be better.

Most of the times tho dr is better, unless you're extremely low on hp like full flame/gale/wave and are sub 20k hp.

Damage reduction calculation is really simple, lets say an enemy was going to do 10k damage to you will all their modifiers up, and you have 20% damage reduction, it takes off 20% of that 10k damage so 2000 damage reduced. (this is just a very very abritrary example)

Damage reduction is always the last thing to be calculated in damage equations tho, it first has to go through the damage modifiers skill damage pvp damage etc then resilience/toughness, then your phys/magic defense then damage reduction.

edit - its the second last thing to be calculated, the last being damage absorption's infuse shield halcy neck etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecm View Post
    The more total hp you have the better DR becomes, so in your case the dr earrings would be better.

Most of the times tho dr is better, unless you're extremely low on hp like full flame/gale/wave and are sub 20k hp.

Damage reduction calculation is really simple, lets say an enemy was going to do 10k damage to you will all their modifiers up, and you have 20% damage reduction, it takes off 20% of that 10k damage so 2000 damage reduced. (this is just a very very abritrary example)

Damage reduction is always the last thing to be calculated in damage equations tho, it first has to go through the damage modifiers skill damage pvp damage etc then resilience/toughness, then your phys/magic defense then damage reduction.

edit - its the second last thing to be calculated, the last being damage absorption's infuse shield halcy neck etc.
    So if I take 10k damage,it will go thru my toughless 1st then def and DR,the last thing will be aurras like Halcy neck and converted shield(Aurramacy),do I right?

+ Reply to Thread