Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official: Boss Spawn Timer Discussions

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Official: Boss Spawn Timer Discussions

Hello Adventurers,

Coming up with 4.5, we're going to have a chance to adjust boss spawn timers. We know this is always a contentious topic amongst the community, as everyone has their own patterns of play, but we want to try to make the boss spawns as available as possible for as many people in the community as we can.

Right now, we're looking for feedback on the following:

1. Do you like the boss spawns at the times they currently are?
    2. If you do not, would you like them later, earlier? Different days, or keep them on the days they're on?

Thanks!
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Future Nui Character

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Kraken/Red Dragon: These two are timed perfectly, however, their Sunday spawn should be moved back to Saturday. It's been like that since 3.5 and it's really weird.

Delphinad Ghost Ship: Also timed perfectly, no changes needed in my opinion.

However, concerning RD/Kraken/DGS, I believe they should never be set to spawn at a later time than 9:00PM EDT (they spawn 8:00PM now because of no daylight savings), when they first spawned at 11:00PM EDT it was ridiculous (and I thank you guys for changing it so quickly) and any later than 9 would be pretty late.

Leviathan: Move it back to Friday if Kraken/RD are moved back to Saturday.

Hanure, Rangora, Morpheus, Nazar: These four shouldn't despawn on their own, in my opinion. They should stay up until someone kills them like their pre-3.5 versions, and then have their few hours to respawn.

Edit: Concerning the Mistmerrow overlap, maybe move Mistmerrow to a half hour after reset (Normally 8:30PM EDT) to avoid the overlapping with DGS and other bosses.
    MERGE SERVERS
    COMMUNICATE
    MAKE MORE CONTENT

READ AND RESPOND TO YOUR FORUMS

Talking

30 min more late it will be amazing because dgs is overlaid with Mistmerrow Time

Why don't you pick a half dozen time slots and make it random of which boss will spawn when. Give a server announcement and break things up a bit.

Dgs Should be split with two different spawn times like 9pm edt and 9am edt, and all other bosses have alternating spawn times like this Tuesday kraken spawns at 9pm edt next tuesday 9 am edt. If not reach out to the current top guild/nation because the guy on reddit is correct everyone else is irrelevant in terms of content if you are not going to vary the spawn times of conent.

Please give OCE an event, any event, literally there are only so many sunken ships and trade runs a man can do

oss timers are not the problem, the problem is the lack if game activities outside of timers and events, archeum in rng boxes killed auroira, cargo changes killed sea trade, fishing nerfs killed fishing a long time ago, the list goes on and on. nobody has a good reason to go out into the world and do activities that aren't world events. Changing around the hours of the scheduled theme park doesnt make the theme park any better.

creating activites that have players out in the world interacting is what is going to make archeage more enjoyable, not changing around bosses that affect 5% of the community.
    Thane
    <Disaster>
    WORLD CHAMP

On the topic of 4.5, what is the possibility of bringing back pre-4.0 combat buff recipes such as Spellbooks, Kingdom's Shadows and Jujubes?

It's like these buffs were never removed since Trion allowed players to use them after the patch, so they might as well be craftable again.
    MERGE SERVERS
    COMMUNICATE
    MAKE MORE CONTENT

READ AND RESPOND TO YOUR FORUMS

I'm not a "ruling guild" member, so as a peon, I'd like to 3 biggies (Kraken, Red Dragon, Leviathan) to be less predictable in their spawning. Perhaps they can spawn during prime time when the big guilds can take em down, perhaps they spawn then they're asleep and the rest of us have a chance at getting some sweet catch up loot. I was in guilds that could do them once, and I understand the appealingness of them being scheduled so everyone can prepared for them, but it /really/ sucks for the little guy. Maybe give the world bosses like 3 time slots, and if it doesn't proc in the first one after reset, the big guilds go "guess were not doing that today" and go to bed and we can expect if at one of the next 2 procs. Iunno, but I'd like there to be SOME way to get Kraken shields and the Leviathan title. Back when we were all around the same gearscore and you didn't know who would get Kraken, they drops actually went for reasonable prices. Now they're exorbitant. Perhaps that's how it's supposed to be.

Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere.

Event times suck for anyone playing in the PST/GMT-8 (California) time zone. If you work a normal 8-5 job, pretty much when you get home there's no event you can make it to.

Abyssal starts at 2:30PM for that time zone, Luscas start at 3:00PM, MM/Content spawns at 5PM and there are no events after that. So pretty much when I get home every day I don't bother logging on AA because there's nothing to do. These crappy event timers are pretty much why I and much of my guild who plays in the same time zone have stopped playing the game altogether.
    pantsu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast