+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Home, Niceu Pond

My Home, Niceu Pond

I've been told by both friends and strangers several times that I should post my little home set up in the forums, so I finally get off my lazy bum and do so. It is named after the first guild I was in where I met friends I keep to this day many years later.

I've lived in rokhala since shortly after it was opened up, but moved into this spot a while before 3.5 hit. Too many taxes? No such thing. My properties consist of a main house, two backyards, an ovencottage, a field, and a house for my same account alts. With each set of property pictures i'll give a bit about its history. If you see something and want to know how to do it you just gotta ask. It wasn't difficult to figure out so I may as well share the "secrets". Some of the pictures were taken through last year and some this year so they may look a bit different from eachother. You can always come visit to see how it looks right now though! I didn't screenshot absolutely everything afterall...though I did screenshot more than I probably should have hah. Either way visitors welcomed.

The pictures will be separated into several sections because of the image limit.

~Overviews of the properties~

The cow stables were inspired by someone else on the forums here. I forget who, but my thanks to them.

~The Main House~
    This was the first property to go up, followed shortly by the backyard and hut. It has an airy sunroom, cozy small bedroom, space saving closet, and relaxing living room. Definitely no dark secrets hidden behind the false walls. First decorations in this house were the partitions of the porch, as that was the reason behind getting this style house. I slept on the floor that night. It was worth it, the shadows on the floor in that room through the day looks so nice and it's a great place to hang out with friends.

~From Aranzeb~

To find me you must look for the soaring mast with tattered lichen sails, standing where the rain comes to rest beneath the hills.

Spoiler:

~The Backyards~
    The backyard consist of two properties, one themed around the pavillion (until recently when I replaced the cherries with orange trees), and the other a gazebo made into a hut. The hut was my first fun, and annoying and time consuming, project. I didn't like the look of the gazebo, so wanted to cover it up with stones. Then realized it could be turned into a hut, and so it became a hut. Above the hut is a treehouse built around a (now slightly crooked) sequoia tree.

An outhouse for all your stinky needs. Don't worry, it's only a year and a half old so it isn't THAT gross.

This is what it used to look like, when it still had cherry trees.

~From Aranzeb~

To find me you must look for the soaring mast with tattered lichen sails, standing where the rain comes to rest beneath the hills.

Spoiler:

Now onto the hut half! There's a lot happening on this one property. This is where the livestock are kept, the chickens in their coop and the cows in their stables. The stables were inspired by someone else on the forums, however the chickens coop came from my own fooling around when i realized I could make tilted fences, and they make a better roof than a tent (thats too small to get into >.<). The treefort had to be made when no other items were on the property due to so, many, boxes, needed. It can now be climbed to from the tree trunk. It was built around the first tree that was there, who unfortunately died after being trimmed for a year only only forgotten to be trimmed once. Its replacement doesn't quite stand as straight and is a bit off center.

Inside the hut used to be a home for a dwarf, but now houses storage chests instead.

~From Aranzeb~

Spoiler:

~The Runecat Ovencottage~
    I was so hyped for 3.5 to come for one reason alone, the cottage upgrade. As soon as I saw KR's preview of it I knew I wanted to make it into an outdoor cooking station using lattice. The cottage was upgraded on the second day of 3.5, and decorated the same day. I had the cubes and crests ready and waiting weeks beforehand. On the second story is a simple guest house.

~The Field~
    Not too much to say for this one. It's my main planting space so it doesn't have much yard decoration. It was one of my later property installments so didn't get as much love as the first four, but it has a nice sitting area atleast.

~The House of the Alts~
    This house belongs to my, same account, alt to help get more vocation everyday. The interior looked very dim and dirty for a while, and was mostly a place to cram extra unbound furniture, but I've finally decided they're worthy enough for a real house. Two alts live here, hence the mantle's bunkbed. A skull on bottom and flask ontop, the races that sleep there are easy to guess. Though one alt is only brought out for events that have many house items to get they still got a bed.

And that's my properties, resting in the wonderful lands of rokhala where theres fresh water, clean air, and bountiful soils. You guys can stop pestering me now about posting this! The fun things were made with the aid of either wooden boxes, portals or vehicles. If you want specifics feel free to ask about it.
    ~From Aranzeb~

Spoiler:

Smile

Beautiful! Nicely done
    Sodium rising
    Fiery
    The north(player nation)
    Convergence.
    Green card(player nation)

I also commend you for keeping the graphics turned up, does your hard work justice to see it with all the shadows and proper textures. The view for your porch partitions is especially beautiful, quite a place to kick back and relax in. Tilted fences as a roof is a cool idea, will have to try that out!

Thanks for sharing your stories along with these pictures too, it really did add more meaning to what's in the images.

How lovely! Thanks for sharing ^_^
    Savannalynn
    Trion Creator
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

Even though I've seen this estate with my characters, it was wonderful to see it from your eyes and thoughts, thanks for sharing my friend! Niceu Pond, I love it <3

The only negative I have to say is that I sometimes hear muffled, elderly screams from behind those non-dark-secret-holding false walls. Any idea what's up with that?

~Zug

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
    @wooglemoogle You're making my toaster computer blush.

And zug...that's just the phonograph in the backyard. It just sounds like it's behind the walls cus of..uh..echoes? Yes echoes. Echo owls, infact. Nothing to worry about.

~New Addition, Echo Owl Aviary~
    The new daru event's lamp post makes a perfect nest for echo owls. Just the right size for them to sit inside, so I ended up making an aviary. A trio of echo owls live here now, they fly out to hunt every dusk and return to the safety of their aviary at dawn. They keep my fields clear of rodents and I offer them a safe home in return.

~From Aranzeb~

Spoiler:

Thank for sharing us your nice and awesome home! You have a good imagination and artistic sens <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast