+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: How can new players even compete?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1

    How can new players even compete?

    How's a new player with 2.5k gs supposed to do anything in this game when 10K+ gs players will just one hit them and take their packs with no remorse? Should new players just stay in safe zones for 2+ years until they get enough gear to fight back or should they just quit the game?

    And yes, I am a salty low gs player who just got killed for his cargo by a 10K gs player camping the trade in.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    113
    Avoid doing PVP contents , focus on farming (if you are patron) or daily quests that give gold
    Don't do PVP or try to run large among of packs when unsafe
    Get to 55 then asking other to help to do mistsong and get first weapons , then later armors . Regrade armor to celestial and weapon to divine or epic
    It will take you few months but you can have power of 5k+ GS and can join most PVE contents .

    Then focus on crafting ayanad set (get them to divine) , with some gems and you get over 7k+ GS

    Run as soon as you see 9k+ GS player , don't feed them is only way to win again them . They are whale , they pay to kill you so don't let them kill you and you win .

    Good luck .

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    145
    At 2.5k gs you can't do anything vs 10k+ player but that's supposed to be like this in a game with any gear progression/economics etc.
    You can think how much time this player waste by camping trade in to get few packs from time to time while he could do so much more.
    Anyway no matter how much gear you have it will never be safe, you can just get ganked by 3-5 ppl and killed. Even if you have decent group of 10k gs players a full raid might arrive from somewhere and overrun you xD
    I mean, there is some risk involved anyway. So if you can't stand risk do safe zone packs.
    You don't need 2 years to get competitive gear. 6 months or so should be enough without going into crazy grinding/slacking extremes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Empyreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshimoshi View Post
    How's a new player with 2.5k gs supposed to do anything in this game when 10K+ gs players will just one hit them and take their packs with no remorse? Should new players just stay in safe zones for 2+ years until they get enough gear to fight back or should they just quit the game?

    And yes, I am a salty low gs player who just got killed for his cargo by a 10K gs player camping the trade in.
    He must of been camping outside the trade in zone, cuz those are safe zones now... but thats besides the point. Getting competitive isn't exactly difficult anymore and it gets easier every update, but yeah right off the bat if yer still in quest gear at level 50... yeah you're going to have a very difficult time with people who have been here a while. You also take that risk anytime you're in a pvp area with a pack. Whether you're new or not. Easiest way to avoid that is to avoid said areas until you're confident in survivability or you have help and so on.

    But slowly building up to even celestial delphinad gear isn't that difficult anymore, just takes a little bit of time and resources obviously.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,173
    Lots of things you can do, lots of ways to do it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwI...n4Ztk8CaYqhWS-


    I'd type them all out, but its far easier to just send you to my video playlist of Archeage 101.

    There are a couple of how to make gold videos, a couple of gearing videos, and a video that tells you how to fill your AA time.


    But, to give you a direct answer on cargo

    1: If you are going to move cargo, use the safety boat
    2: Better off not moving cargo at all as the profit on it isn't that great

    If you have any

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    105
    You will need to hide in the woods and level on some boar with some friends. Even then, the 10k player might be to powerful. Don't come out of the woods until you craft the sword of a thousand truths.... Only then you may have a chance.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    Run as soon as you see 9k+ GS player , don't feed them is only way to win again them . They are whale so don't let them kill you
    That is not true.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Halcyona
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshstart View Post
    You will need to hide in the woods and level on some boar with some friends. Even then, the 10k player might be to powerful. Don't come out of the woods until you craft the sword of a thousand truths.... Only then you may have a chance.
    pretty much this

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    He must of been camping outside the trade in zone, cuz those are safe zones now... but thats besides the point. Getting competitive isn't exactly difficult anymore and it gets easier every update, but yeah right off the bat if yer still in quest gear at level 50... yeah you're going to have a very difficult time with people who have been here a while. You also take that risk anytime you're in a pvp area with a pack. Whether you're new or not. Easiest way to avoid that is to avoid said areas until you're confident in survivability or you have help and so on.

    But slowly building up to even celestial delphinad gear isn't that difficult anymore, just takes a little bit of time and resources obviously.
    Level 50 and quest gear? I'm not the OP but as an example, I'm level 55 with 2.7 gs and that's with working on better than quest gear. I can't remember what my quest gear was but it definitely wasn't 2.5gs.

    People must forget what it was like starting out and how much time it takes especially if one has a full time job, going to school full time or both. Quicker if you have a lot of spare time for hobbies.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    105
    Every time someone creates one of these threads and I read some of the optimistic responses that downplay what's involved to come even close to not getting one shot killed, I chuckle. Although the responses are are positive and are attended to be helpful, it also seems like a plea to keep new players from quiting because the population has been taking a nose dive and the vets are getting tired of seeing the same old people.
    My favorite response is " it should only take a few months". What they don't follow it up with is that the people you are trying to catch up to will also be even further in those few months. Game is amazing but the design is so broken. If they dont fix this in the new server, this game will never have a healthy playerbase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts