+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: It's time to remove the carriages from the roads!

It's time to remove the carriages from the roads!

Fellow Archeage citizens, sufferers and enthusiasts, we have all lingered too long under the tyranny of the wheeled terrors of the road known as carriages. For too long our haulers and cars have been stuck and flipped and creatively obstructed, for too long our patience tried ! No longer do passengers ever travel these roads on these long obsolete vehicles, yet their carcasses continue to trundle redundantly on, causing daily trade run pain. It is time for them to go!

Please trion/xl, abolish the carriages! Nobody uses them any more! New players should get access to donkeys early on, and/or a temporary free longboard and farm wagon.

Let scenes like these become a thing of the past!:

Or....you could drive around them.

#DaruHaveFamiliesToo
    Savannalynn
    Trion Creator
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

To save on time and effort, I have pre-empted some more of your potential responses.

1) "Newbies/fresh start people use the carriages! I saw it once, back in 2016. "

There are better ways to let the one or two newbies in the entire game, and indeed the brief influx of old players flooding into a fresh start, experience trade. Like donkeys and temporary vehicles!

2) "I use the bus, once every few years when I feel like sitting on a slow moving object for no reason, or when I want to transport 60 alts a small distance all that once"

Obscure and rare uses sadly do not justify obstructing the rest of us.

3) "LOL lern 2 driev noob." also known as 'or you could drive around them'

Why!! I had never thought of that! I had no idea that I was suffering needlessly for all this time. Thanks random internet stranger, I have seen the light! I didn't know the bus always was always easily and quickly passable and never goes across the whole path or breaks follow for no reason.

Why are your standards so low, why do you like unnecessary inconvenience? Why do you want obsolete items in your way? Doesn't matter how amazing your driving is, they're a daily pain for many.

4) "I enjoy being obstructed, it's a great challenge. If I could I'd pay someone to try to trip me over while I'm walking to the shops so I could have the fun of skirting round them I'd do it! And I absolutely LOVE when I'm caught in traffic!"

You do you. I don't think your weird tastes should mean the rest of us have to have these things in our path as well though.

5) Daru lifey lives matter too! You can go around the bussy bus!

Nice try Daru bus driver, it's time for you to retire. I didn't say you couldn't have a pension.

I started a thread on this last year in July.

Of course there was never a response from Trion.

I guess the biggest impediment to getting stuff like this changed is the question:

"How would taking time for this make XL more money than working on another RNG box to put in the Cash Shop?"

5.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #5
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    I think they also add to the fullness and activity of the world. They help make the world feel like things are happening outside of your decisions. Most NPCs just sit around. it's great to see some moving around and doing things imo.

I'm ok with their presence but collision mechanics should be changed a bit.
    If they pass through you on a narrow bridge they glitch, flip and launch your car to water.
    Unlucky enough, I always meet them on narrow bridges. They need a rework as well, like
    captain's protection on ferries. They have no use for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I think they also add to the fullness and activity of the world. They help make the world feel like things are happening outside of your decisions. Most NPCs just sit around. it's great to see some moving around and doing things imo.
    An unexpected response from Trion, thank you Muzzy! Sadly one that's probably going to give people false hope when they see it summarised in dev tracker.

Sorry Muzzy but I don't think anyone who trade runs regularly genuinely appreciates these obstructions, and if you had to toil away with these irritants getting in your way for years without seeing a single person use them for their intended purpose you might feel differently.

There are other roaming NPCS that don't routinely invoke swearing fits in your game's users. At least consider asking that XL make them not collide with vehicles when they are stopped!

I still ride the carriages just for pure enjoyment, after 3.5 years of playing. And I meet new players on a daily basis, so there are a lot more than one or two of them in the game. Carriages should stay.

I like the carriages a lot o/ Even if they block my freighter and knock over my steambike from time to time, they make me happy just chugging along

Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I thoroughly agree with Muzzy on this point.

In fact, I wish XL Games would just implement A LOT more flying mobs, ESPECIALLY around popular glide paths, just to make things a lot more interesting for players.

All of us players, especially veterans, are getting way too comfortable in our current playstyles, and we should never be allowed to settle into 'auto-piloting' our logged in playtimes. The very players who are always foaming in their mouths, ready to launch into a vitriolic attack in a heartbeat, whenever any suggestions comes up that they perceive as screwing with their steady gold-making routine, which they continuously miscategorize as 'player convenience'.

Don't be a Specialization Snowflake.

Remember why you fell in love with Archeage. It wasn't because everything was handed to you on a silver platter.

I, for one, do a small "Woohoo!", whenever I can speedily outmaneuver the incoming Daru carriage while I charge down the perilous peaks of Rookbourne doing my quick Rokhala-Solis tradepack run.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast