+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Suggestion on Abyssal Attack - so All can particitpate

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124

    Suggestion on Abyssal Attack - so All can particitpate

    We all know that the current abyssal attack event that happens Tuesdays,Thursdays, and Saturdays are pretty much being free farm by 1 side on every server.(Mainly Player Nation from what i see) This contributes tremendously to the increase in gear gap. I have a suggestion that can change this.

    Basically once the crystal has been restored, the area goes into peace. Once you leave the area it is free game - meaning warzone once you get out of the abyssal area. This is probably even more exciting as pirates/other nations can chase down merchants and people will fight for packs outside the zone. It will also let EVERYONE participate in getting packs and find a strategy on how to get out of the area without being ganked.

    (Storyline)
    basically the abyssal area becomes filled with highly explosive gas from the crystals and any gunfire or any sort of action that involves a spark with blow the whole area up. Hence the "peace treaty" no attack zone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,139
    This would not help the situation.

    People who can run 10-12 accounts at one time would just put 10-48 alts on the island. They'd mine out the crystals, make the pack and log off. They'd then have hours/days to run the packs and return the alts to the center island.

    You wouldn't be able to stop it, because you couldn't kill the alt on the island while it was mining or crafting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    This would not help the situation.

    People who can run 10-12 accounts at one time would just put 10-48 alts on the island. They'd mine out the crystals, make the pack and log off. They'd then have hours/days to run the packs and return the alts to the center island.

    You wouldn't be able to stop it, because you couldn't kill the alt on the island while it was mining or crafting.

    -alts already exist in abyssal everyone is already running 3-4 alts already...

    -place a timer on the packs. It must be turned in x amount of minutes after abyssal ends there is already a timer on the crystal itself.

    -once you leave abyssal zone the alts will be vulnerable.


    again EVERYONE still gets to participate whether it be 1-2 packs its still some profit of gold.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI View Post
    -alts already exist in abyssal everyone is already running 3-4 alts already...

    -place a timer on the packs. It must be turned in x amount of minutes after abyssal ends there is already a timer on the crystal itself.

    -once you leave abyssal zone the alts will be vulnerable.


    again EVERYONE still gets to participate whether it be 1-2 packs its still some profit of gold.

    Ok, so my counter argument is this:

    Everyone already gets to participate. Go to the island, do some mining, kill some fools and leave with your pack.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Ok, so my counter argument is this:

    Everyone already gets to participate. Go to the island, do some mining, kill some fools and leave with your pack.
    your counter argument is answered on the first post. On almost every server 1 side is free-farming abyssal. (And its mainly player nation)

    Example - on Vengeance abyssal is owned by Player Nation and there is no way east nor west can compete with 9k-10k gearscore players. West averages probably 5k GS and East is probably 4.5 GS.

    So PN walks away with almost 120k gold a week.

  6. #6
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI View Post
    your counter argument is answered on the first post. On almost every server 1 side is free-farming abyssal. (And its mainly player nation)

    Example - on Vengeance abyssal is owned by Player Nation and there is no way east nor west can compete with 9k-10k gearscore players. West averages probably 5k GS and East is probably 4.5 GS.

    So PN walks away with almost 120k gold a week.
    So if alts are being used, you don't have the ability to go in and kill alts?

    And if you can't fight them head on, fight their ships. Blow up the ships while they are at the center island. Its not too hard to sink a merchant ship

    But yeah, I've said that Abyssal and DGS skewed the balance of the game all the way back when they were first released. 480 gold a day was tasty.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts