+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: camping with merchant in front of the safe ship route

camping with merchant in front of the safe ship route

is it ok to summon a merchant in front of the safe ship route to push ppl down from the safe ship when both ships collide? if the safe ship is full and there is no room to sit, how can ppl deliver their cargo if they paid the certificate and protection?

sounds like a shady tactic and there are ppl who really wait for that moment and kill ppl holding cargo

if its not a bug, then dont allow the captain to apply the protection if there are more ppl than places to sit

ive got nothing against pushing ppl in general, but this way is so shady..

There are tons of ways to push people off the ship.

Sit down, or risk being pushed. That's why the seats are there. Be there first if lots of people are using it.

you can avoid being pushed for example when someone uses a mount but not when there are ppl literally blocking the route with trade ship.. if blocking is not allowed because u cant pass, lets say, through villanelle bridge why this behaviour should be allowed? there are 2 things u can do.. either sit down or dont go.. and now imagine blocking is allowed.. u either be lucky and there is no one blocking the bridge, or u just dont do the trade run, because u cant go through the bridge..

its literally a flawed game mechanic and its sad how ppl can be desperate to find every single one flaw just to make some gold.. these ppl are just ruining the gaming experience and if this will be happening on the fresh start, i cant imagine how they will be mad

Quote Originally Posted by Majro View Post
    is it ok tu summon a merchant in front of the safe ship route to push ppl down from the safe ship when both ships collide? if the safe ship is full and there is no room to sit, how can ppl deliver their cargo if they paid the certificate and protection?

sounds like a shady tactic and there are ppl who really wait for that moment and kill ppl holding cargo

if its not a bug, then dont allow the captain to apply the protection if there are more ppl than places to sit

ive got nothing against pushing ppl in general, but this way is so shady..
    Right there, you got it.

Incredibly simple thing to change, that they should change.

The boat isn't "safe" if you can be pushed off even if you have protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    The only problem is when does the Captain's buff get reset?
    when u enter the neutral ground around the trade outlet, the captain's protection is automatically deleted

I think this would probably be treated in the same manner as blocking a bridge with haulers, and would lead to action against the players doing it. I'd be inclined to report it. But if you do, be sure to provide details such as server, date, and time. And most importantly, send video or a series of screenshots documenting what happened.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

Quote Originally Posted by Majro View Post
    when u enter the neutral ground around the trade outlet, the captain's protection is automatically deleted
    And we can see how often I do the captains trip.

Honestly, when I recorded it, I was like "Oh i'm in the other port, i still have my buff" and never noticed when it vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    And we can see how often I do the captains trip.

Honestly, when I recorded it, I was like "Oh i'm in the other port, i still have my buff" and never noticed when it vanished.
    When you reach the other port you dont Need the buff anymore because its a Safe zone, like a Nui shrine, around the Commerce Center

when you get to the other port you have the buff until you are a specific distance away from the ship (30m?) OR the time runs out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbo View Post
    when you get to the other port you have the buff until you are a specific distance away from the ship (30m?) OR the time runs out on it.
    Protection is paid for, player should be protected on the ship, whether sitting or not should not matter (theoretically). The game mechanic is Obvious to protect the player on the ship, but fails. Simply put, the one's trying to block are exploiting a game mechanic which was not intended, it is punishable.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast