+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Impossible Achievements (RNG Based Time Limited)

Impossible Achievements (RNG Based Time Limited)

@Muzzy

So with this latest event, XL have introduced 5 RNG based achievements. which it is impossible to complete all of.

Feed 5, 5 Soccer nets, 5 music and 5 animal friends, that's 20 good RNG rolls. (5 of each) but the event runs for 16 days and unless I have missed something, you get one shot at these each day....

So everyone is going to be 4 short, and some of us will be 1 short on all 4.

Then there is the Astra-blessed daru egg..

Some of us are cursed for RNG (so much so I have to work my way round it all the time) - but that is a whole other story..

The Fix?

Make sure that it's "possible" to complete all achievements when contained within a time limited event. In this case extending the event to 20 days would be acceptable (although I'd recommend 25 to account for cases where people who already have 5 of one of the achievements get a 6th or so on.)

Thanks for Listening

Yreawl..

Quote Originally Posted by YalTheCat View Post
    @Muzzy

So with this latest event, XL have introduced 5 RNG based achievements. which it is impossible to complete all of.

Feed 5, 5 Soccer nets, 5 music and 5 animal friends, that's 20 good RNG rolls. (5 of each) but the event runs for 16 days and unless I have missed something, you get one shot at these each day....

So everyone is going to be 4 short, and some of us will be 1 short on all 4.

Then there is the Astra-blessed daru egg..

Some of us are cursed for RNG (so much so I have to work my way round it all the time) - but that is a whole other story..

The Fix?

Make sure that it's "possible" to complete all achievements when contained within a time limited event. In this case extending the event to 20 days would be acceptable (although I'd recommend 25 to account for cases where people who already have 5 of one of the achievements get a 6th or so on.)

Thanks for Listening

Yreawl..

Um, you realize they don't care if players are able to complete tasks and gain the benefits, don't you? The rainbow part of the event demonstrates this. Show up on time to do the quest, turn around and go to the location - Oh, geee. There's nothing here because they set a specific amount of 'treasure' to be picked up. Once that amount is 'gone' there's no more for anyone else - even though they came to the event during the specific time required.

I'm a positive thinker who doesn't expect an "I win" button...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    ... There's nothing here because they set a specific amount of 'treasure' to be picked up. Once that amount is 'gone' there's no more for anyone else - even though they came to the event during the specific time required.
    98% certain you're wrong on that.
    The treasure is up for a limited amount of time, only 10 minutes! (not the full hour you may be thinking)
    So, if you show up at half past the 'event hour', yeah, it's gonna be gone.

They've done mechanics exactly like this on events before; it's nothing new or all that different.

Quote Originally Posted by YalTheCat View Post
    I'm a positive thinker who doesn't expect an "I win" button...
    I can honestly say, I have no idea what your statement means or refers to.

You referred to it being unfair that everyone does not have the opportunity to complete the multiple quests concerning the eggs due to the limited time and the RNG factor involved. I agreed with you, pointing out that it is just as unfair for the company to Not allow everyone to complete the Rainbow quest.

I dont understand the reference to an "I win" button.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    98% certain you're wrong on that.
    The treasure is up for a limited amount of time, only 10 minutes! (not the full hour you may be thinking)
    So, if you show up at half past the 'event hour', yeah, it's gonna be gone.

They've done mechanics exactly like this on events before; it's nothing new or all that different.
    So you're saying they are Intentionally offering up a Quest that they Know you cannot complete? What sense does that make? And I know its longer than 10 minutes because the one time I did get the treasure was about 18 minutes into the hour.

I've been here a Looong time and I do not remember any Quest that was handed out deliberately After the possibility of completing it. I've seen quests that you do something and have to wait for literal hours until you can do the next part.

But I've never seen - This quest is over, so I am giving it to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo View Post
    So you're saying they are Intentionally offering up a Quest that they Know you cannot complete? What sense does that make? And I know its longer than 10 minutes because the one time I did get the treasure was about 18 minutes into the hour.

I've been here a Looong time and I do not remember any Quest that was handed out deliberately After the possibility of completing it. I've seen quests that you do something and have to wait for literal hours until you can do the next part.

But I've never seen - This quest is over, so I am giving it to you now.
    That's not what I'm saying, no.
    I believe the treasure is up for 10 minutes AFTER it gets discovered. If you've ever been there when it spawns, you'll know what I mean. So if you got to it at 18m past the hour, that means it took your server 8 minutes to uncover the treasure.

Ah, here's a reminder about similar quests: the Igloo building quest from that just past fishing event. Same exact mechanics iirc.

These quests do also run 4 times a day (times 16 days) for a total of 64 possible completions. Getting 15 shouldn't be a monumental effort.

Actually, I didn't use the word Unfair, I used language intended to get across that this is a problem that affects all users, and it needs to be fixed or at least considered for the future.

I am of the opinion that if people don't point issues out, they don't get addressed. And I am NOT of the opinion that everything should be given to me on a plate.

I'm honestly really annoyed about the astra egg title achievement, I couldn't care less about the other ones. The title you get as an achievement gives you ton of title xp. I've done the egg hatching every single day of this event and yet haven't got me the astra egg. As a title collector I'm really disappointed how the achievements were implemented. There goes the grand title I would have most likely been gotten if it wasn't based on rng.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingMoose View Post
    I'm honestly really annoyed about the astra egg title achievement, I couldn't care less about the other ones. The title you get as an achievement gives you ton of title xp. I've done the egg hatching every single day of this event and yet haven't got me the astra egg. As a title collector I'm really disappointed how the achievements were implemented. There goes the grand title I would have most likely been gotten if it wasn't based on rng.

We really need to get Trion to push XL into giving Event Rewards based on completion and not RNG. It's okay if they make it POSSIBLE to get the rewards through RNG during the event, but there needs to be a way to obtain all rewards if you do this stuff every day.

Hell, it might be possible that we get them to add the Title Badge through token exchange if we make enough noise.
    * All I really want to do is get high and play video games.

Aycee | Kyrios | East

CPU: Intel 4790k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Case: NZXT Phantom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast