+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help] Argent 4.0 - 4.5

Cool [Help] Argent 4.0 - 4.5

Hello boys and grills.
    Im returning player .. lot of things has change ... and im looking for help with armor type..

Atm im trying to set up argent build which is most suitable for me .. love to play it ..
    Currently wearing shortspear at T5/sta and going for obsidian shield..

Not sure if i should go for full desert plate set, shortspear+magic obsi shield and 2h weaopn
    or leather flame 4 pieces with obsi rest and dark warrior guards + shortspear/ayanad shield + 2h weapon...

Any opinions ? Would be nice if someone could give me some tips and tricks :P

Thank you very much

First and foremost, make sure you dig into ALL the changes coming up in 4.5 The game is undergoing foundation changes, very organic changes to everything.

I suggest you start with this video:

And then work your way through the 4.5 Skill Changes videos checking out changes to passives, skills and combos.

You may also want to check out https://omnom.io/ and look over some of the stuff.

Gear changes in 4.5, normal line gear gets easier to 1) make and 2) regrade

If you need to know more, you can ping me, or jump in my discord and ask questions to your hearts content.

Thank you very much and i will check it for sure..
    more than for skills im more interested in armor build..coz i need to start somewhere..

with 4.5 seems more archers coming so plate build might be more usefull.. but who know

Quote Originally Posted by V3ndeeL View Post
    Thank you very much and i will check it for sure..
    more than for skills im more interested in armor build..coz i need to start somewhere..

with 4.5 seems more archers coming so plate build might be more usefull.. but who know

Well here is the thing, you don't want to invest in a certain set of armor, if the changes coming make you think you won't be able to pull off Argent.

A lot of things changed, you you may not want to play Argent. If you aren't going to play Argent that may change your entire outlook on gear.

STR changing to melee crit rate, changes things a bit. Melee damage lost a lot of damage off the top, but then makes up for it with a much higher crit rate. Parry/Block those things have changed significantly.

I would not go with Plate though. Mages already hit like trucks (I took a 66,000 meteor to the face..reduced it down to 22,000 as a tanky clothy)

That's only going to get worse when dual wielding mages get 14 T3 gems in their main and off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Well here is the thing, you don't want to invest in a certain set of armor, if the changes coming make you think you won't be able to pull off Argent.

A lot of things changed, you you may not want to play Argent. If you aren't going to play Argent that may change your entire outlook on gear.

STR changing to melee crit rate, changes things a bit. Melee damage lost a lot of damage off the top, but then makes up for it with a much higher crit rate. Parry/Block those things have changed significantly.

I would not go with Plate though. Mages already hit like trucks (I took a 66,000 meteor to the face..reduced it down to 22,000 as a tanky clothy)

That's only going to get worse when dual wielding mages get 14 T3 gems in their main and off hand.
    Well in 4.5 im more scared about archers and such... i think lot ppls going to switch for them..
    thats why im thinking about plate... Even in leather ill get rekt by high GS mages.. or so

Quote Originally Posted by V3ndeeL View Post
    Well in 4.5 im more scared about archers and such... i think lot ppls going to switch for them..
    thats why im thinking about plate... Even in leather ill get rekt by high GS mages.. or so
    Archers are going to get potent, that is for sure.

IF you were going to go the plate route, it is possible to get above 9,000 Magic Defense in plate, so you could have sorta the best of both worlds. You end up having to have 2 shields and swap between them based on what's hurting you.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Archers are going to get potent, that is for sure.

IF you were going to go the plate route, it is possible to get above 9,000 Magic Defense in plate, so you could have sorta the best of both worlds. You end up having to have 2 shields and swap between them based on what's hurting you.
    I bet after 4.5 will be more meele...On mine server .. mages have erenors.. so even in leather i will die quicky..but atleast in plate i could do something against meele fighters and archers.... thats my opinion

+ Reply to Thread