+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.5 Fresh Start FAQ

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Community Manager

4.5 Fresh Start FAQ

If you have any questions regarding Fresh Start, please add them to this thread. the team will be collecting and answering them as we progress towards final information and launch. If there is a question that has already been answered, you may quote that player and let them know the answer. If it is not a question regarding Fresh Start please consider opening another thread to create a discussion about your topic.

What is a Fresh Start server?
    Fresh Start servers are new servers that are brought online along with a major content release, designed to give players a clean slate and the accompanying rush of an unclaimed server. This incorporates some of the best parts of ArcheAge, with sweeping PVP to secure your guild and faction’s dominance, along with the ability to find a new home for yourself in Erenor.

Which servers are Fresh Start Progression Servers?
    For the European region, the new Fresh Start server will be named Ezi. For the North American region, the new Fresh Start server will be named Nui.

What makes the Fresh Start servers for 4.5 different from previous Fresh Start servers?
    For the first time in North America and Europe, these servers will be progression-based servers. These servers will begin with limited content, level caps, and systems to simulate the feel of ArcheAge’s beginnings. Over time, additional content will be unlocked for all players to enjoy, just like it was over the past few years.

When does the Fresh Start server launch?
    The server officially opens on April 5, 2018.

Will I be able to use my old characters on this Fresh Start server?
    No – any account that was created prior to 3/14/18 will be unable to join the Fresh Start servers. An account created after 3/14/18 will be able to select Fresh Start if they have not created a character on legacy servers or purchased any legacy packs.

Can I use my labor or APEX stored on another account with this new account?
    No – progress from Legacy servers cannot be transferred onto a Fresh Start server.

Can I use my prior Fresh Start account to access this server?
    No – you must create a new account to access the Fresh Start server, as noted above.

Can I play a Dwarf or a Warborn on the Fresh Start server?
    No – the Dwarves and Warborn are not available on the Fresh Start server. With that, the starting zones for those races will not be available – Sunbite Wilds, Airain Rock and Aubre Cradle. These races will be introduced to the Fresh Start servers when the server progression has reached the appropriate point.

How can I guarantee my character name on the Fresh Start server?
    You can unlock character pre-creation and name reservation here -> http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...e/fresh-start/

I purchased the Fresh Start Entry Pack, now what?
    You can now login to the Fresh Start server to pre-create your character and select your name. Only 1 character can be created per account. At launch, you will then be able to log into the Fresh Start server with that character!

Can I only make one character per account?
    At the launch of the server, we are restricting players to one character per account. However, the ability to purchase additional character slots may be added to the game during a future phase once server progression can support it.

Can I edit my pre-created character?
    Yes, you can edit your character’s appearance before the release of Update 4.5: Legends Return. You may change gender, character appearance, and name. You cannot change your race or delete your character.

I can see the Fresh Start servers, but they’re grayed out. How do I get in?
    To pre-create your character before the launch on April 5, 2018, you’ll need to grab a Fresh Start Entry Pack on a newly created account, as noted above.

Do I have to get an Entry Pack to play on the Fresh Start server?
    No – Entry Packs are only to reserve your character name and pre-create your new character. On April 5, 2018, any account made after March 14, 2018 that has not made a character on a Legacy server can play on a Fresh Start server for free!

Will housing be available immediately on the Fresh Start server?
    No, housing will be locked for the first 48 hours after launch, allowing players to get themselves set up for the land rush. Please remember that housing zones allow PvP again in conflict zones, so you CAN be killed!

What content is available at the start of the Fresh Start server?
    The phases of content for the Fresh Start server can be previewed here. Future phases of content updates will be detailed as we get closer to those specific phases. http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/...e/fresh-start/

Will 4.5 content be available with the launch of the Fresh Start server?
    Yes, portions of the 4.5 update will be available immediately, such as dragon taming, skill balance adjustment, shadow invasions, crafting changes and improved regrade rates. Additional content will be released according to the phases of the server.

Help! I made a new account and accidentally logged into a Legacy server, and now I can’t play Fresh Start!
    Contact our customer service team at http://support.trionworlds.com and they can help you resolve this issue.

I've preordered my Fresh Start pack and I haven't received the Credits or items yet! What gives?
    These packs won't grant your account the Credits or Items until 4.5 launches on April 5th. Once 4.5 launches, you'll need to return to your Glyph account page and claim both the Credits and items.

After I create my new account for Fresh Start, can I create a character on both NA and EU?
    Yes, you may create 1 character for NA and 1 for EU per account.

How many Fresh Start accounts can I have?
    You can have as many Fresh Start accounts as you want, but you must conform to our existing rules on using multiple accounts simultaneously.

Added 3/19/18-------------------------------------------

Will arenas be cross server on Fresh Start?
    No, but it may be opened up during one of the future phases of the progression.

Will Rohkala and Ahnimar be available from the start of Fresh Start?
    Yes, with the 48 hour housing placement restriction in place as well.

Will the Hasla weapons be available in the first phase of Fresh Start?
    No. We asked Xl specifically and they suggested that it was removed. From what we’ve seen on our internal 4.5 builds, all tiers of Hasla weapons and the supportive gameplay content has been removed. The Hasla Rift will no longer spawn in 4.5.

Will the Marketplace be any different in Fresh Start? Will it progress with the server?
    Yes. The Marketplace will progress with the server phases. In the early stages the Marketplace focuses around selling things like inventory/warehouse expansion scrolls, tax certificates, and the standard early game consumables. As phases elapse and systems unlock, items will be added back into the Marketplace. However, in all cases, they will correspond very closely with the appropriate phase.

Will stat costumes and undies be available at the start of Fresh Start?
    Yes, however they will be gated behind a very slow Synthium collection. It's a limitation of the build that both Legacy and Fresh have to have the same in-game items. This is equal to the server that launched in Korea.
    No. They’re added back in during one of the earlier phases, but aren’t available at launch.

Will Fresh Start be running the 4.5 patch?
    Yes, and most 4.5 features are enabled unless they’re dependent on other locked systems.

Will there be a change to the max Guild size on Fresh Start and Legacy?
    Yes. The new max guild size will be 50 – a core change that XL believes strongly in. Currently Legacy guilds will be grandfathered in, and no one will be kicked out of their guild, though guilds over 50 will not be able to add any more members until they reduce below 50. Guild size starts with a 30 member cap at guild level 1 and will increase up to 50 as it levels.

When Fresh Start launches, will everyone on the server start with full labor?
    No. Your labor bar is set to 0 and start regenerating the moment you log on to the server for the first time.

If I pre-order the Fresh Start Silver Entry pack, can I still pre-order the Platinum Entry Pack? Is there a discount when doing so?
    Yes, you may pre-order both packs, however there is not a discounted upgrade path to the Platinum Entry pack.

Will APEX be available on the Fresh Start servers?
    Yes, in standard quantities, as there’s not an upfront cost or subscription required to play on the Fresh Start server.

How are we supposed to get 16x16 farms if they take cargo, and cargo requires T2 buildings?
    The Scarecrow farm quest will now award a special trade pack that is used for this. Players no longer have to craft it. This special Trade Pack cannot be sold, and is lost upon death. Should you die, you can get the pack again by abandoning the quest, and re-accepting it from the quest giver.

I have already started the Ayanad Earring and Dream Ring quests. How will my progress be affected after the launch?
    If, before launch, you have already started the quest line for the Dream Ring, then after the launch you will continue down the quest path towards the permanent version. You will be unable to start the rechargeable version of the questline. The same goes for the Ayanad Earring quest line.

In the very slim chance that you wait to activate the Mysterious Gem (Dream Ring quest starter), or the Unknown Orb (Ayanad Earring quest starter), until after 4.5 Legacy launch, and then also get the post launch versions of those items, you’ll have to make a choice for which path to activate – the Legacy (permanent) version, or the new rechargeable version.

When will the Patch Notes for 4.5 be released?
    XL Games is still working on our live branch, so Patch Notes are not compiled yet. When they do finish and send them to us we’ll need to translate and test against them, as well as identify notes that were not included. We intend to deliver them before we go live to PTS.

Will the crime point increase from 10 to 50 per kill be included in the Fresh Start (and Legacy) release?
    Yes. In version 4.5, Infamy Points for each crime will be upgraded.
    Larceny will increase from 1 to 5 points.
    Assault will increase from 1 to 5 points.
    Murder will increase from 10 to 50 points.

Added 4/2/18-------------------------------------------

When will we get to see the new packs for Fresh Start?
    We generally release ‘launch packs’ much closer to launch. Look for them on April 5th, with the release of Legends Return.

Will we be getting the Regrade Scrolls even that Korea had to supplement the lack of braziers/points?
    Yes, we will be getting the Regrade Scrolls that were available in Korea for purchase. They will remain at the same price – 30 gold each. These will remain in place until Auroria opens. These scrolls will be bound.

In which phase will Vyrava be out?
    Vryava will be available once Auroria is opened and Timespace Scrolls can be acquired.

Will founders get special stuff on Fresh Start?
    Yes! As we have done in the past, we will be sending founders a code in their email so they can choose to place additional founders items on an existing Legacy character or save the code for use on a Fresh Start character. These special packs will also be sent to anyone who has purchased an Archeum pack since launch, or made the decision to purchase the Platinum Legends Return Entry Pack.

We will announce when these codes have been sent, but, until then, make sure you visit our website and “opt-in” to our emails. We can’t send you a code without you opting in!

Will unbuilt properties be capped to 2 per account, like last time, or will it be 1 unbuilt max now?
    Unbuilt properties will be capped to 2 per account, as per the last time.

During which phase will Transfers and AH merges take place?
    Fresh Start transfers and Auction House changes are separate from the phases, and are dependent on server progress and economy. However, in order to give a general idea, they will likely happen after Phase 5, so the servers are appropriately caught up to the Legacy rules.

Will the Turtle Ship be available on Fresh Start/Legacy?
    Yes, the Turtle Ship will be available on both Fresh Start and legacy. Good luck finding this ancient power!

Will there be regional restrictions on building types that can be placed?
    No, there will be no regional restrictions on what building types can be placed in a housing zone.

Will cottages will cost 15 or 100 Gilda?
    Cottages will cost 15 Gilda Stars.

Will Farm Wagons be available at launch, given that the Radiant Archeum Tree Saplings won’t be available? Will the recipe for the wagon be changed to account for this?
    All materials can be collected to craft T1 Farm Wagons. Beyond that will require materials that will come with later phases.

Will renting vehicles be disabled on East since the West zones where you can rent them are disabled? (East – Tigerspine, Arcum Iris. West – Aubre Cradle, Airain Rock ‘dwarf zones disabled’) Will community rewards be disabled? Or will the vehicle renting be moved on West?
    The Vehicle Vendor at each community center will be disabled Fresh Start servers, regardless of the faction.

Will you restrict factions on FS for faction balance on start?
    Yes, we will keep an eye on population balance and may enforce faction restrictions in order to keep the server balanced. Such restrictions will be announced, and noted on the server select screen.

Will be transfers available from the fresh start to other servers?
    Not at the opening of the server. However, transfers will be made available after the server progression is complete and the rules catch up to a normal Legacy server. This will be well-after Phase 5.

Will there be a minimum level to place down buildings?
    As in the past, there will be no minimum level to place down buildings. ArcheAge Patron will be required to place buildings as normal.

If we buy patron time in March for the fresh server account, will it be activated on April 5th?
    We’ve noticed that many of you have purchased patron time early for your new account. Unfortunately, patron time begins ticking when you purchase it (as a new account could be used for legacy servers, which would require your patron to be active. If you have not purchased patron before April 5th, we encourage you to wait for April 5th to purchase.

If you have already purchased Patron time, we have been working to identify your accounts, ensuring that they were meant for the Fresh Start servers. On April 4th, we will grant those accounts enough days to set them back to 31, giving you the time you purchased in the Fresh Start server.

If on April 4th, your account is not set back to 31 days after our grant is announced as completed, please contact us at http://support.trionworlds.com so we can investigate.

Is the Dungeon gear from Greater dungeons upgrade able at workbench from arcane to celestial?
    No. You can upcraft it to the advanced version of the weapon type (armor doesn't have a counterpart), and it has a chance to proc a rarity increase when upcrafted, but otherwise it adheres to the standard regrade system and the old rarity improvement path is removed.

What time will the servers be closed and opened on April 5th?
    They will be closed during this time period for the update.
    EU: 1 PM UTC (Close) - 7 PM UTC (Open), April 5th, 2018 (Thursday). Servers will not open any earlier than 7 PM UTC.
    NA: 10 AM PDT (Close) - 4 PM PDT (Open), April 5th, 2018 (Thursday). Servers will not open any earlier than 4 PM PDT.

Will housing be available immediately on the Fresh Start server?
    No, housing will be locked for the first 48 hours after launch, allowing players to get themselves set up for the land rush. Please remember that housing zones allow PvP again in conflict zones, so you CAN be killed!
    is this pvp in housing on the new fresh start servers going to be coming to the legacy servers with 4.5? if so, i believe my time in AA will be coming to an end so would like some clarification before i jump to conclusions.
    Gentatsu, Duskfire member on Kraken
    Owner Operator of Gent Mart! The place to be for all you're crafting needs. Be smart! Craft it at Gent Mart! Located in Windscour North housing. Owner of Gentwarts School of Magic in Windscour North housing and Gentwarts Leaky Cauldron In Rokhala for those who Enjoy to RP.

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    is this pvp in housing on the new fresh start servers going to be coming to the legacy servers with 4.5? if so, i believe my time in AA will be coming to an end so would like some clarification before i jump to conclusions.
    That change is just for Fresh Start servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    That change is just for Fresh Start servers.
    thank you muzzy for clearing that up and responding so quickly.
    Gentatsu, Duskfire member on Kraken
    Owner Operator of Gent Mart! The place to be for all you're crafting needs. Be smart! Craft it at Gent Mart! Located in Windscour North housing. Owner of Gentwarts School of Magic in Windscour North housing and Gentwarts Leaky Cauldron In Rokhala for those who Enjoy to RP.

Patron?, the BIG question, is it going to be necessary to progress efficiently?
    Or, I should re-iterate, LABOUR regeneration!!!
    How are players going to be affected by LABOUR regeneration?
    Let's let this cat out of the bag off the bat.
    Hunter of Phunts

Hi Muzzy,

i have create a Account before 14.3.
    I have create the Account for fresh start. I havent played on a other Server. No Character on it. Do i need to delete the Account and make a new Registraten? And how? Ore what i can do? Gives there some ways?

Other Question. I have payed for the old Account manny Euros. For example the 100 Euro Pack for the Car. Is it possible like the last fresh start to get something from this on the new Server? Ore maby later of fresh start?

Thank you!

7.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #7
    Please keep in mind, this is the

FRESH START FAQ

and not the 4.5 FAQ, that'll be coming later

I will place my post where ever you guys want, just send me and answer :P

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Samina2 View Post
    Hi Muzzy,

i have create a Account before 14.3.
    I have create the Account for fresh start. I havent played on a other Server. No Character on it. Do i need to delete the Account and make a new Registraten? And how? Ore what i can do? Gives there some ways?

Thank you!
    Any accounts must be made today in order to be eligible for the Fresh Start servers.

When can we expect pts with vanilla/classic files? Also having full patch notes would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast