+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: When will legacy servers merge?

Question When will legacy servers merge?

I think everybody expects the fresh starts to leave the legacy servers a barren wasteland. I suppose it's possible to merge them all and get an active server (maybe). The longer Trino waits to merge, the more people will be lost through attrition as people are already dropping off rosters daily. The sooner a merge to bring some possible life into the game, the better chance that a server survives. I think if they don't do it before summer when the kids are out of school, the legacy servers will not survive.
    Reckoning - Meow Meow Club Nation

Don't see much point in further merges, there are few enough servers already. Maybe a free transfer would be good but most of the people have already moved to the legacy server of their choice and the "empty" ones still have plenty of people who just want to farm and do other stuff so no real need to force a merge on them.

We just had merges. As much as I also fear for the general population of legacy servers, for now just transfer away if you are unsatisfied with your current situation. There are enough healthy Legacy servers to play on. It's easy to make alts and check out events/faction chat.

There are Legacy servers that haven't been merged at all or for a long time.
    $5 says those all get merged soon(tm) after 4.5 settles down.

It's definitely time for them to be merged too.

I think probably 1-3 months after fresh start happens. A good chunk of the people will ditch their progress so that they can pay to advance again in the hopes that "It will be different this time" and the legacy servers will probably need to be halved again. Already most of them are dead and in need of something drastic and with so few players left the only thing to do is delete everyone's land again and hope they all don't quit.

IF they do another merge affecting my server, I'm out for good this time. Twice I've been through that, and it's just too much trouble. First time was inconvenient, second was downright frustrating, third will be the final nail.

If they want to save the legacy servers they need to do the smart thing and not make any more stupid fresh start servers. But it's too late for that, and judging by the player attrition rate between the 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 combined with every time they've opened a fresh start server I predict this game will be nothing but a memory no more than a year after combined 4.0/fresh start release.

My guess is near the end of summer.

I am of the same sentiment as Derherherher. I have been through 2 Evolutions so far. The first time it was like, really, ok?!?!? I was really anoyed because i spent hard earned gold to buy plots of land in the locations i wanted. Did we get compensated for the gold we spent for those plots of land. NO! we got compensation for other things pertaining to the evolution but no gold. Then it happened again for my toons on another server I was irritated but not as upset as the first time. I now have my plots where I want them and the buildings I want all built and decorated. I have spent Tons of Gilda, Gold, mats and labor followed by more labor and then even more labor. So much labor that the labor cost to build a earenor set of armor would have been not even 25% of the labor i spent on my buildings. Then there is the time, gold, mats and more labor to decorate them in the themes I want. Celestra knows the effort, She visited once.

So no more evolutions for me. If the main server I play on is put through another evolution I will be done with Archeage. Most of my guild will be done as well.

We dont need any more fresh start servers! fix the legacy servers so players will want to play on them. New players can easily get things going. you can lvl to 50 in under a week at casual play. So its not that difficult. Then go farm Random mobs in auroria and collect the basic loot drop gear while ya work on your main set of gear. There is also numerous ways to earn gold as well. So In my opinion the only thing Fresh start does is draws players away from legacy servers so that they can stock pile certain items at dirt cheap costs then wait for the fresh start server to be put in connection as a legacy server and dump the stockpiled items onto the AH at current *HIGH* ah prices and make a killing. Like the folks who bought the apex and stockpiled em because they were under 500g each. then Put em up for over 900g each when they got added to the legacy Auction house system.

Lets not forget the perfectly functioning Transfer System that Trion has in place. With every evolution we see Players (pvpers) xfering from server to server looking for new action to break there bordum. This constantly changes the factor of "this server is dead" or "I need to xfer out because of all the gank n spankers" then when evolution happens those same pvpers hang out for a month or 2 on there current server then everyone starts xfering again. Thus adjusting the # of players on the various servers. So NO! I will not go through another "Evolution" not with the amount of players constantly xfering at a drop of a hat due to bordum, The lack of gold compensation for land I paid for with hard earned gold, the poor compensation compared to the amount of mats, labor, gilda and gold it takes to build some of these structures and the fact we have a perfectly working transfer system that gets over used due to how cheap it is to xfer every 2 months.

nope, no more evolutions for me
    Gentatsu, Duskfire member on Kraken
    Owner Operator of Gent Mart! The place to be for all you're crafting needs. Be smart! Craft it at Gent Mart! Located in Windscour North housing. Owner of Gentwarts School of Magic in Windscour North housing and Gentwarts Leaky Cauldron In Rokhala for those who Enjoy to RP.

It will definitely happen, it better because they are dead af.

Everyone going to "non p2w" server which will be full blown $$$ server soon lol

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    It will definitely happen, it better because they are dead af.

Everyone going to "non p2w" server which will be full blown $$$ server soon lol
    thats just it.. Ive still seen people complaining about the just evolutioned servers being dead and other servers not even 1 month after the evolution happens. Why? because the pvpers all xfer around so often it isnt even funny. having evolutions is pointless because of it. WEEE, another evolution, gee thanks for screwing everyone over! LOOK we already have players complaining the servers dead and we need another merger already.

Even when a server shows the status of the server is on "High" i still see players screaming how the server is dead.

no thanks
    Gentatsu, Duskfire member on Kraken
    Owner Operator of Gent Mart! The place to be for all you're crafting needs. Be smart! Craft it at Gent Mart! Located in Windscour North housing. Owner of Gentwarts School of Magic in Windscour North housing and Gentwarts Leaky Cauldron In Rokhala for those who Enjoy to RP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast