+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98

Thread: When will legacy servers merge?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    212
    The only thing to do is not a merge.
    Leave the potato on "dead servers" if they want, they still enjoy the game, and we don't have to force them to face another full toxic pvp players Server.
    Cause Yeah, we all know how Toxic this kind of server can be.
    But give 1 free transfert to all Legacy players.
    Leaving the option to PvP players & other to go on a ''We R So Hardcore" Server if they want to, we all already saw what happen to this kind of "PvP paradise".

    Keep the Merge for the Final Race, and give a break to all the players who suffer from this "make your package you are Merge for the great of ...nothing".
    If they are still here, they deserve it.

  2. #12
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,616
    You can't just leave dead servers open. Power guilds will transfer in to free farm and generate huge amounts of gold.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Gentatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    You can't just leave dead servers open. Power guilds will transfer in to free farm and generate huge amounts of gold.
    thats just it.. The power pvp guilds already use the transfer system so they can move their entire guild from server to server and free farm all they want. Omen xfered to kraken, now i hear there guild is slowly transfering to conviction to get set up to free farm that server. a lot of power house guilds use the xfer system almost non stop. Leave the servers alone and just let the guilds keep transfering around, since they do anyways. the amount of guilds xfering messes up the server status non stop. Oh look for these 2months everyone is on kraken, next they will all be on conviction, then arenzeb, then who knows where. The balance of players is always adjusting. while this is all happening other players are screaming for evolutions..

    Evolutions are pointless
    Gentatsu, Duskfire member on Kraken
    Owner Operator of Gent Mart! The place to be for all you're crafting needs. Be smart! Craft it at Gent Mart! Located in Windscour North housing. Owner of Gentwarts School of Magic in Windscour North housing and Gentwarts Leaky Cauldron In Rokhala for those who Enjoy to RP.

  4. #14
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,616
    They aren't pointless.
    At what point do you draw the line?
    What if the game was down to 1000 players?
    Would you still leave all 6 servers open because there's 10 potatos on each one who has their land the way they like it?
    No, that would be stupid and a huge waste of resources and effort.

    Fewer servers means less places for people to dodge pvp and run away to, as well as fewer free farms.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Physician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Game World
    Posts
    3,624
    No server needs merge right now until the players realize that siding with winning side mainly and leeching is just going to lead AA to nowhere.

    Fk the merge. Change your game style first cowards.
    RIP 2014 - 2018
    Cardiologist/Physician/Giver

    "Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician View Post
    Change your game style first cowards.
    1v1 me irl no knives only bare ip on google dns f*cker

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,304
    I think "pvpers" transferring around will be a non issue because they should merge down to one or at most 2 servers. Maybe they can do 2 servers, one normal, one potato only where boss spawns, abyssal and cargos are blocked. If all you want to do is decorate and rp with sheep, you can do it on the potato server. Everybody else has to go to the real legacy server. As long as they gave people full kit certs it should be fine, with less than 200 players and no inherent land value due to packs, there should be enough land for everybody. They could even give away old decor items from events as bound items.
    Reckoning - Meow Meow Club Nation

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Derherherher View Post
    IF they do another merge affecting my server, I'm out for good this time. Twice I've been through that, and it's just too much trouble. First time was inconvenient, second was downright frustrating, third will be the final nail.
    Might as well head for the door now then, because a merge is only a matter of time.

    We had 9 legacy servers, they merged down to 5.

    Then they added the two FS servers to legacy, so now back up to 7.

    Likely this FS will have 2 servers as well, so its just a matter of time before those two become legacy, so back to 9.

    What I do not understand is why Trion doesnt do what they are doing with Rift. Announce up front that when the FS server runs its course, those players will be transfered to a legacy server and the server will be shut down, instead of just adding it back to the transfer pool like they did with the last two FS servers. It would at least stop the legacy bloat and reduce the need for future mergers, though imo that ship sailed the moment they increased legacy to 7 servers.

    The cash cow that is FS is worth more to Trion than the folks that like to own specific land and extensive decorations, and the rest of the legacy players for that matter, that is just the reality.

  9. #19
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paradox HQ
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Might as well head for the door now then, because a merge is only a matter of time.

    We had 9 legacy servers, they merged down to 5.

    Then they added the two FS servers to legacy, so now back up to 7.

    Likely this FS will have 2 servers as well, so its just a matter of time before those two become legacy, so back to 9.

    What I do not understand is why Trion doesnt do what they are doing with Rift. Announce up front that when the FS server runs its course, those players will be transfered to a legacy server and the server will be shut down, instead of just adding it back to the transfer pool like they did with the last two FS servers. It would at least stop the legacy bloat and reduce the need for future mergers, though imo that ship sailed the moment they increased legacy to 7 servers.

    The cash cow that is FS is worth more to Trion than the folks that like to own specific land and extensive decorations, and the rest of the legacy players for that matter, that is just the reality.
    RIFT is a themepark. AA is a sandpark.

    They had their opportunity to do Fresh Start right, but you hit hte nail on the head. FS is a cash cow. Gotta milk it for all its woth.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    RIFT is a themepark. AA is a sandpark.

    They had their opportunity to do Fresh Start right, but you hit hte nail on the head. FS is a cash cow. Gotta milk it for all its woth.
    Sure, its a different game, but the important part is setting the expectation right from the start that eventually the server will be shut down and folks will have to move.

    Folks can decorate and become land barons if they want, knowing that fact. This way the burden is on the FS players, not the long time legacy players that have gone through 2 mergers already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts