+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ash's Raid Requirements (Long Post)

Ash's Raid Requirements (Long Post)

Recently I had come to the decision that my raids are going to have a gear score requirement. This has set off some people due to the fact they would not be able to attend. So I thought I would lend some back story and explanation as to why. This by no means is to further justify my decision because I already believe it to be the correct one. However this is for the few people who got caught in the middle.

Firstly this does lend back to some pre-merger history as Tayang in the past has had some people restrict raid access to a level of Gear Score. However this is not the same. In the past not only did they restrict access they assaulted any other raid that attempted to get content and claimed any and all raids they wished to attend. I by no means wish to block content only restrict whom I am allowing into the raid that I setup. I have even offered to co-raid to provide some assistance however my raid comes first.

The decision stems mainly due to some “players” and that is used loosely that attended raids such as Lusca/Abyss that have continued to maintain a low gear score and in main cases not changing at all. These players were noted since the time of the merger and still no progression was made at all. Additionally many of them only attended the raid long enough to get credit or to see crystals spawn. Once the crystals spawned and they had a chance to make money or they obtained lusca credit they left or just ran off to do their own thing. This was done regardless the status of credit with anyone else in raid. Additionally said players continued to take up space on boats and often over weigh ships. Not to mention many failed to contribute in a positive manner.

This doesn’t mean all lower geared players do not contribute. However right now unless you have been under a rock you can see that the server faces some challenges. Some of what we face is coming from a larger force that out gears the majority of the west. I don’t say that as a complaint because I don’t mind a fight however I state a fact. Players with lower gear are not going to survive an initial onslaught from such. The issue we faced is when we have a third of the raid whom don’t exceed 2.6 to 3K gear score not only is our space filled but heals are sucked up by players who cannot live long enough to assist in other ways.

So what are we left with? I have seen many of these people running packs and for months they have been getting honor yet their characters do not progress. I see they make money and honor which are the two key factors to getting gear. What they choose to do with the gold they make is their choice and how they play is their choice. So I made a choice….I will no longer assist players that choose not to progress their characters. The gear score requirement was set at a low 4kGS and yes that is low. Since many of the people in question have been on since merger they could have obtained a set of gear that alone would have gotten them to 3.5k for 1 gold.

So where does this leave new/returning players?

Well for the new and returning players I encourage you to continue working on your gear. Many people want to forget that I on a regular basis help out lower geared people. I have run people through dungeons and offered assistance in crafting gear. I often will speak about what they should look at for gear of a possible build. People want to forget the help but honestly I faced this very same challenge and while you want to take some high road and then talk trash remember many cases it was my boat you were on. And without my boat that without you might not have gotten credit these past few months. That additionally without the assistance of the others you wish to trash talk now you wouldn’t have gotten as far.

Other people have spent the time effort and energy all we ask now is the same from others. I am not telling you how to play, or if you can or cannot sell your gems or gold you can do as you wish. But you do not have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot do.

The 4k GS requirement was made to be low enough for people who are trying to join fairly quick yet high enough to discourage those who are not and to eliminate alts from raid.
    [NA][Conviction]

As someone who has lived under a rock, and rightfully so, I'd like to ask you how events have been going for your raid since this gear requirement. Have you noticed a significant positive difference?

I am a 3k gearscore returning player, yeah my gear score sucks but I can fire a cannon and will use skills to add to the raid, am I permanently restricted to a second string raid?

Hi, I'm one of the rare pugs with a high gear score, i don't want to fight but I'm always in the priority raid.
    Everytime I get my quest credit I either recall, go blatantly afk, or I have a reoccurring episode of violent diarrhea. Will I be welcome in your raids?
    Pariah Pariahx Pariahh Pariahahh Purriah Puhryeuh

Quote Originally Posted by xPariah View Post
    As someone who has lived under a rock, and rightfully so, I'd like to ask you how events have been going for your raid since this gear requirement. Have you noticed a significant positive difference?

I am a 3k gearscore returning player, yeah my gear score sucks but I can fire a cannon and will use skills to add to the raid, am I permanently restricted to a second string raid?

Hi, I'm one of the rare pugs with a high gear score, i don't want to fight but I'm always in the priority raid.
    Everytime I get my quest credit I either recall, go blatantly afk, or I have a reoccurring episode of violent diarrhea. Will I be welcome in your raids?
    Well to point on your scenarios

Returning players were covered above. I encourage them to work on their gear and push forward if they need assistance outside lusca/abyss i am happy to help if i can.

High gear players that abandon raid without helping others will be noted and not invited if this becomes a habit.

But generally the raids have been positive and we have been finishing content with less issues
    [NA][Conviction]

to haranya, disaster and pokemon like this

Trust me they like it more when they have loads of people to 1 shot
    [NA][Conviction]

you can get 4k gs dirt cheap these days, my buddy just started playing AA (like he's lvl 19) so ive been getting cheap lvl 50 gear off the AH. get some cheap auroria (armor) gear off ah, (u can get heroic for as lowas 50s occasionally on bid) then get the lib weaps/accesories (go for between 75-200gold normally for weaps, accesories can be low as 1g, got heroic rings for 5g each two days ago) craft the second teir lunadrops for armor (an cheap lunafrost for weaps) a haunted chest cloak, lost garden or hasla instrument... granted some of these vanish after update so hop to it. so far ive spent about 2k gold and have gear sitting at just over 3ks with only the lib bow being regraded to celst, (most of that 2k was from regrading cause i got most of the gear off ah on bids) the rest being heroic or lower. once regard gets cheaper regrade it all, to celst and u can get 4k gs for probably near 4k (if u get lucky regrades. if u have some higher gs friends go run through easy mistsong for the belt/guards since they are delp equiv. through in a few honor gems and will be more then pass the requirments.
    ♥♥♥♥ing White Knight-Daen
    Stop sleeping in my bed!-NateTheGreatest
    =)- Incursion
    Nice Hacks-DurpMen
    I'm not salty-Blast
    Nehalem and Lionheart have swiped so much they are no longer considered whales, they are now classified as World Bosses-CyberTwigg

NMDR <3
    Astral Ranger/Blighter/Executioner/Paladin <-Alphabetically not play order.

wow ....just wow...u know what u are ...rofl.

+ Reply to Thread