+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to make gold in 4.5 ?

Use gold to invest in infrastructure ie: Fishing boat, Carts/Wagons, Longboard, Land etc. Then do what's fun for profit and store it in APEX.

Fast forward almost a month later. Turned out "gold value will increase" was BS. Instead we see inflation but my gold income through trading cut cause of the changes.

So TRION what i am supposed to do to get at least same gold with same effort like before ?

The question still didn't got answered. CSR offer me ways to make more gold with same effort like before the horrible trade patch !

Quote Originally Posted by pavmelas View Post
    Fast forward almost a month later. Turned out "gold value will increase" was BS. Instead we see inflation but my gold income through trading cut cause of the changes.

So TRION what i am supposed to do to get at least same gold with same effort like before ?

The question still didn't got answered. CSR offer me ways to make more gold with same effort like before the horrible trade patch !
    Join player nation, free farm server. Win.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    too casual for that, i am low on GS.
    + i wont to give TRION any more money knowing they dont want me playing the game how i like and not forcing me to something their "anal ysts" braindemented farts force me to .

Now you have to do more times the same to get gold.
    I really do not know why they do not do something so people lose less time doing repetitive actions.
    Instead of making bigger freigters, because they do not make super-packs, where you spend the materials x3 and create a more concentrated pack where it gives you the value as if you were selling 3 normal packs. That way, fewer trips would be made. One stops playing these games for the monotony, for the excess of repetition of the same actions over and over again.
    People burn the work in the same way, if they give you 2600 to burn per day, people burn it, but if to burn that you have to do the same way 5 or 6 times, it gets boring.
    Also with the new system does not render cheese, there are always 40-50 cheeses.
    The server is so dead that there is no opposition from the haranya or player nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    unfortunately, that is the current design paradigm. It is a failing design that is causing a mass exodus from the game but it is clearly the design the devs have been going with.

As someone who recently sold 2 houses, I can tell you that both people I sold to simply sold Apex to get the money. That seems like a problem from my perspective. A symptom of a significant issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    unfortunately, that is the current design paradigm. It is a failing design that is causing a mass exodus from the game but it is clearly the design the devs have been going with.

As someone who recently sold 2 houses, I can tell you that both people I sold to simply sold Apex to get the money. That seems like a problem from my perspective. A symptom of a significant issue.
    I was thinking about this myself and how the game itself and the economy is eventually destined to fail which leads to the need for revitalization(fresh start servers). The problem from my perspective is this, the methods you use to make money the very first day you start a server should still be viable well into the servers life and they aren't. When inflation from Apex and scarcity of resources pushes the value of high end required items completely out of a majority of the player base reach...(I mean really, its 500k gold to fully gem equipment on legacy? 200k for a weapon?)...its impossible as a new player or pseudo casual to get to that level of wealth without dramatically altering what you are doing to make money. Take for example Commerce and Fishing 2 of the professions that directly generate wealth...on fresh start catching a 27 gold fish is awesome, because its relative value in comparison to the economy is good. That same 27 gold fish on legacy obviously is worth way less...but the means/methods and requirements for generating it are exactly the same.

I know this is a complete pipe dream but both commerce and fishing should produce economy relative gains, maybe structure their payment amount as a % of market value of apex so that it fluctuates with the economy...or have them simply turn in for bound tokens that can be combined to purchased an apex directly. I think that these 2 trading systems not being market driven is why so many of the issues with the game have become some much worse than they should be(alts, gear disparity, etc).
    GM <Unforgiven>

You do bring up a good point. For the longest time there were so many alts doing commerce for that direct wealth generation. So XL keeps adding in gold sinks, except for the one minor problem...alts don't participate in any gold sinks. They don't gear so they aren't regrading, they're not leveling guild cloaks, they're not changing skillsets.... It really isn't a surprise that there is inflation.

Re making them market driven...that's pretty interesting, I'd have to think about it I think before I had an opinion. I don't know. It doesn't sound bad, but I think at this point I'm just frustrated at all the band-aid changes that have to be made, delaying patches from XL and stopping XL from doing actual work and stuff that has to be disabled or removed....

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    You do bring up a good point. For the longest time there were so many alts doing commerce for that direct wealth generation. So XL keeps adding in gold sinks, except for the one minor problem...alts don't participate in any gold sinks. They don't gear so they aren't regrading, they're not leveling guild cloaks, they're not changing skillsets.... It really isn't a surprise that there is inflation.

Re making them market driven...that's pretty interesting, I'd have to think about it I think before I had an opinion. I don't know. It doesn't sound bad, but I think at this point I'm just frustrated at all the band-aid changes that have to be made, delaying patches from XL and stopping XL from doing actual work and stuff that has to be disabled or removed....
    When the ship is sinking the first solution is always to patch the holes instead of getting a new ship...but eventually when there is too many holes you have to get a new ship. Commerce and Fishing being market driven wouldn't solve all the problems and would definitely be abusable by the system as currently implemented. I think if you can make them profitable to the point where excessive amounts of alts are not required to see gain, then it's much easier to put rules in place that address bots and alt'ing directly. Without the change you can not see reasonable changes to policy on bots and alt'ng because the market and economy is so reliant upon them.

EDIT: And ultimately this 100% up to XL/Trion to address, your current business model does not support a healthy vibrant community, it caters to a handful of people whom I'm sure you make a ton of money from. With that being said would you rather have 1 guy paying you 50k or 5000 guys paying $10...the later is far more sustainable and needs to be a real discussion amongst the developers about the sustainability of their business model and how archeage ends up weathering the upcoming storm of games on the horizon.
    GM <Unforgiven>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3