+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dear Trion, We Understand but We Don't Agree

Disagree.

You guys should play live or quit the game. This is suppose to be a testing environment and they barely if ever have utilized it for implementing fixes before pushing patches. So honestly, they may as well close it permanently since they don't want to fix builds before releasing them, it'll at least save them some $.

And you might argue you are testing the game, but that's an entirely different concept compared to bug testing patches. If anything, PTS is letting you test an aspect of the game that isn't beneficial to trion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SECRET View Post
    Disagree.

You guys should play live or quit the game. This is suppose to be a testing environment and they barely if ever have utilized it for implementing fixes before pushing patches. So honestly, they may as well close it permanently since they don't want to fix builds before releasing them, it'll at least save them some $.

And you might argue you are testing the game, but that's an entirely different concept compared to bug testing patches. If anything, PTS is letting you test an aspect of the game that isn't beneficial to trion at all.
    Why do you care what we do ? Does it affect your gameplay if we are on PTS? People that are on PTS play live too. Without PTS there would be ♥♥♥♥ load of bugs on live.

Amen to this. The lack of testing for updates is part of the reason so many of them come out f'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by SECRET View Post
    Disagree.

I do play LIVE.
    I play on EU Tempest, Haranya side. I'm in guild Tempest (Core [not the guild] members are from former server Rangora [Asylum nation guild Core was too and some of those members are part of Tempest guild now])
    I play on NA Aranzeb Nui side.

Yes we are arguing that PTS regulars/veterans are keeping an eye out for obscure bugs while doing normal game play.
    But we are also arguing that materials needed for non-regulars to Test out when updates are released can not be gotten fully from fluffy. What person with a new character on PTS will have the materials needed to try the Reforger bench in Mirage to tier up an Obsidian item?

Having people on PTS who can prepare materials and have them available aids in allowing the Testing of updates by normal players (not employees) to function in a smoother fashion.

And don't forget the Portal Taxi. Many regular/veteran PTS players have portals to Growlgate, A public GM cottage at Freedich, and a few of the other Islands.

My ability at being a really good potato has more to do with what I learned and tried on PTS. So I don't have to work, or struggle, on live to earn gold.

I don't test on PTS. But you guys know you like unpaid workers for TRION and they treat you this much ?
    I thought they treat the customers on productive servers bad but you actually do unpaid work and being treated even more bad ? omg.
    What i mean is normaly you should get even paid for testing.

I have worked on game testing and it's a tedious, extensive and seriously underpaid work.
    At least here, paid or not, people can test what they want in a world they love.
    It is not easy, but people here are starting to work together to achieve common goals.
    Even I, considering I am not that frequent of a PTS user, offered assistance to someone, in case more hands are needed for mat gathering.
    So, my rant's point is, if it doesn't affect you, why the hell do you care...
    I am

I have yet to see a reason to keep this server open, other than testing a patch before it comes onto the live server. After that it's done and you can do the rest of your testing on the live server. Gathering materials because fluffy didn't provide them, is a reason to make better fluffy requests and not to keep the test server as your personal place of joy because nobody else is there.

It's a tough world out there on the live server. So start grinding on it instead of complaining to keep playing on a server that's purely for testing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharabakh View Post
    I have worked on game testing and it's a tedious, extensive and seriously underpaid work.
    At least here, paid or not, people can test what they want in a world they love.
    It is not easy, but people here are starting to work together to achieve common goals.
    Even I, considering I am not that frequent of a PTS user, offered assistance to someone, in case more hands are needed for mat gathering.
    So, my rant's point is, if it doesn't affect you, why the hell do you care...
    Thank you, yes, working together towards goals is what gets content done on PTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3