+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time Limit on Unbuilt Land

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Who cares if I am (I am not)? What does it matter to you if they block up a bunch of land with empty farms or unbuilt designs? It makes zero difference to your game play whatsoever what they block it with. They pay taxes just like everyone else but can't use their land.

There is still PILES of land on the east on fresh start, which is the most populated server. Like areas where you could stick 3 mansions side by side and still have plenty of room. So whining about someone blocking off some land for later use seems pretty ridiculous.
    The original poster mentioned TEMPEST server, which is not a Fresh Start server. So saying there is a lot of open land on Fresh start has no bearing on Tempest land.

Granted, people who are paying taxes on the land technically can do what they want with that land. But if it is an unbuilt scarecrow ( one lumber pack) or a cottage ( three construction packs) there really is no logical reason for it to not be built/erected.

I just erected a treehouse in NA Aranzeb in Gweonid Forest. That did take me two weeks to get erected.

I also can see the frustration on seeing land held by an unbuilt structure. Maybe not a timer to have the building erected in one week, because Mansions are huge, but maybe a timer similar to the grown/crafted dragon mounts. The person with the property has to add a construction pack every three days maximum or it gets returned in the mail like a missed tax demolished house.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Panterah View Post
    The original poster mentioned TEMPEST server, which is not a Fresh Start server. So saying there is a lot of open land on Fresh start has no bearing on Tempest land.

Granted, people who are paying taxes on the land technically can do what they want with that land. But if it is an unbuilt scarecrow ( one lumber pack) or a cottage ( three construction packs) there really is no logical reason for it to not be built/erected.

I just erected a treehouse in NA Aranzeb in Gweonid Forest. That did take me two weeks to get erected.

I also can see the frustration on seeing land held by an unbuilt structure. Maybe not a timer to have the building erected in one week, because Mansions are huge, but maybe a timer similar to the grown/crafted dragon mounts. The person with the property has to add a construction pack every three days maximum or it gets returned in the mail like a missed tax demolished house.
    What's the difference between blocking land with a bunch if empty p2w pavillions and gazebos or unbuilt gazebos, other than you can only have 2 unbuilt?

Also, I took a look around tempest... tons of land available all over. Seems pretty populated though, and it's weird that there are so many alt army upgraded farmhouse factory farms... you don't see that in that huge amounts on other servers I look around.

Though, if you could get a few hundred extra people up in Tempest you guy might even be able to stave off the incoming merge.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Me thinks the land barons doth protest too much. The only reason to hoard land is to deny others. Pretty sad your only objective is to deny others and not to progress yourself. This is the pathetic state of play aa has become.
    Lots of unused land around near me, never planted on or used in months and months. So in the hope that someone might buy the land said barons will happily choke the rest of us out, even though the server is apparently dead ( shantigon ) GG

Well, I do see alot of parcels on Freshstart too. Empty and just blocked.

Checking some parcels because I try to buy extra farm land, the players did not even pay taxes? There are many wooden crosses, burning scarecrows.

This now makes me wonder how long they can block the spot without paying taxes. If this would be forever - then: Yes, they would have to be evitcted at least after 2,3,4 weeks or so.

As long they pay taxes, there is nothing to do. Itīs their land and whatever they do on it nobody should care.

i agree but how about planting, some guys just planting............ if allow only planting, the land keeper can plant 1 tree.............

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    If they are paying taxes it's none of your business how they use their land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredy22 View Post
    They got the land, they pay taxes and as long they pay it they keep it.

There is a house or not, not your business. Maybe they just like the green grass and the view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    They're paying tax customers! They can built their houses in a year or two! Nobody can force 'em otherwise
    wtf???
    those of you defending it are part of the problem and most likely the land grabbers that do this crap. either build it or sell it to someone that will use it or ♥♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    those of you defending it are part of the problem and most likely the land grabbers that do this crap. either build it or sell it to someone that will use it or ♥♥♥♥
    So then you will be surrounded by empty gazebos? How is that any different? All I see here are a bunch of envious brats that are too slow and lazy to go to land demos.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

For a long time I had my land unused. 7 accounts, 3 upgraded thatches, 9x16s, 3x24s, 1 8x8. You know what? NOT YOUR ♥♥♥♥ING DEAL. Suck it up cupcake...
    I am

So the land barons argument for hoarding land is basically F*** **f.

How eloquent.

Sums up the rationale required for such activities and why it should be tackled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast