View Poll Results: Would it be a problem for you if bases in Halcyona Battle will switch, nuian for haranyan and vice v

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 46.15%
  • No.

7 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Halcyona imbalance.

You should stop using T2 and T3 can just call it cargo or certed cargo.

East may have to take Haranyan cargo up, which takes longer and is more dangerous, and then also deliver it to golden ruins, which takes longer and is more dangerous. Generally I just buy cargo that's already in in the DS tower ready to be certed though, so I don;t know what you mean about no cargo being available since it's off and on throughout the day. So no matter which leg you compare it favors west.

We still have to deal with ice unless you go WAY out and around... and ice is so sparse it doesn't matter anyway.

Most of your stuff actually favor west, not east. You have no valid points other than the one stone to get to building ships which is only once in a while. Every other things favors west.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    You should stop using T2 and T3 can just call it cargo or certed cargo.

East may have to take Haranyan cargo up, which takes longer and is more dangerous, and then also deliver it to golden ruins, which takes longer and is more dangerous. Generally I just buy cargo that's already in in the DS tower ready to be certed though, so I don;t know what you mean about no cargo being available since it's off and on throughout the day. So no matter which leg you compare it favors west.

We still have to deal with ice unless you go WAY out and around... and ice is so sparse it doesn't matter anyway.

Most of your stuff actually favor west, not east. You have no valid points other than the one stone to get to building ships which is only once in a while. Every other things favors west.
    I dont. I say cargo and charcoal pack. And what i mean is, tradeoutlets these days are milked out, because charcoal is 5+ g on AH right now, im an EU player. Could be different from server, but generally if i want charcoalpacks, i have to do the cargo run before as well. Even ynystere is mostly empty too. And about the ice, its not THAT much you need to go around. Where as i cant go around, because there are bungalows there. While being chased i also have to dodge the ice. I think its relevant.

I disagree there, i think its ignorant to dismiss my viewpoints just like that. Do you even try to steal packs? I've been doing this for years. But Okey ill bite and argue with you pretty "list" again then.

West gets better, faster, easier trade runs. - East gets better (max payouts), west is faster. Easy is subjective and dismissable. East gets faster auroria runs.
    West gets easier sunken shipsargubly yes, if by going south to continents, minor no going towards DS
    West gets more for their cargo generally yes, east gets more for their certed cargo
    West gets the best cargo and charcoal setup for how cargo is delivered Big Yes, this is your strongest point(which i even stated myself in this thread). It should be said though that East gets generally shorter cargo trips, because solis to cinder or 2c is 5 min. Anything from solzreed is 10+
    West gets faster access to DS from their islandFrom safezone on island yes, ynystere to DS is fastest. Im still gonna test that myself though.
    West gets better Nui respwan locationDont know it yet, can you give me examples?
    West gets more prestige for their blue salt requests (and easier and well laid out blue salt requests)No idea what so ever
    West gets easier DS to Golden trade runsYes, and east gets easier Auroria->DS

East gets to save 1 stone when building ship parts
    And literally every other argument I've written before,
    More convenient to customize your ships
    Bigger safezones
    Better chance for backup when defending/stealing packs in their main tradehub
    Bigger advantages in Halcy war
    Better racial abilities
    Closer custom portspots to tradehubs
    More 'viable' zones to craft packs from

As to say, yes generally west has more advantages; But I want you to agree and acknowledge, that East does have advantages too. There were more and stronger advantages in the past that has been changed now, yes, but several still remain. Its my POV as a cargo/cert cargo runner and packhunter.

Almost everything you wrote is a complete and utter lie. The customize ships thing is about it. I've never really measured the size of the safe zones. Trade hubs are always a portal away so there is really no difference there, traders are hanging around solzreed all the time too. Halcy is so tilted west it may as well be and instant win unless they don't show up. Racial abilities are debatable, but west is very much better in almost every way. I don't even know what you mean about closer custom ports but Yny is the only one with housing close, similar to two crowns. Not anywhere near even remotely more viable packs, you obviously have no clue about the pack runs on both sides.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Almost everything you wrote is a complete and utter lie. The customize ships thing is about it. I've never really measured the size of the safe zones. Trade hubs are always a portal away so there is really no difference there, traders are hanging around solzreed all the time too. Halcy is so tilted west it may as well be and instant win unless they don't show up. Racial abilities are debatable, but west is very much better in almost every way. I don't even know what you mean about closer custom ports but Yny is the only one with housing close, similar to two crowns. Not anywhere near even remotely more viable packs, you obviously have no clue about the pack runs on both sides.
    Well you try to sail out of solis or villanelle then, and compare it to how far in 2crown or solzreed it goes before war. Major difference when you try to packsteal, or are about the be stolen from. And harani can coasthug all the way from sunbite to villa. Its literally huuuuge outside villanelle, they always have enough time to call for help. Im talking about tradehubs from other continents. You can have a bungalow or house in solzreed right there by the tradeplace. 2crowns is right there with housing zone. But there is hardly anything close to solis, i have to port to community center so its super far to run. Theres like waaay more people in the capital cities than the trade hubs, thats what im talking about but i can see if i can share some pics for you. I believe halcy is tilted in favor of haranya and i made 3 strong points about it in my first post, go check it. Racial abilities, how about warborn freaking INVULNERABILITY and run into nui? And faster while carrying tradepacks, in a fight over packs. Firran reduced fall damage. Sure elves are useful perhaps but its nothing that really helps for pvp combat. You could argue the nuian 5 min buff is useful to some extent. Us packhunters need to have useful port spots to gank on chokepoints or get to trading stations. Getting to solis tradehub is troublesome. Villa is good though, but harani have good options for both tradeoutlets on nuia side.

Im talking about how much they pay. Since nuias side all tradeoutlets are close to eachother, that means all zones near that are useless. On haranya its more strechted out, so one pack thats useless in solis is good/ok in yny, or the other way around. I havent adjusted to pack costs or materials, but general trade layout speaks for itself in a sense. Theres not a single haranya normal pack(by zone) thats below 14 on all 3 tradehubs, meanwhile nuia has 4 of that. Thereby, i claim less variety.

Ive got another argument for your "easy" traderuns. Ever done traderuns on nuia as harani? Hardly any guards, only in marianople really. Guess what i get on haranya? Guards all over lutesong , on the road in villanelle to mahadevi, in mahadevi close to a village, on border between mahadevi and solis, in solis on a random locations, and obviously in austera on the main road in there. Guards everywhere that you have to dodge.

Edit: Link with pictures about austera here. https://imgur.com/a/Cugb9

I couldn't find all images i thought off, and obviously i don't screenshot every time. I edited out chat windows for privacy reasons. If you attempt to steal or buy packs during normal playing hours, harany has a responsetime of about 1 minute before you will be swarmed. And thats because it's the main city, and people are loitering around, dueling, using crafting benches etc etc. This is not the same with Ezna or solzreed, where there arent so many people to the same extent semi afk etc, and they still gotta port there and such. And as you can see they can quite effectively block and stuff. But not only that but that the peace zone is huge there, you have to go far from the harbour before you can attack them. In 2crowns you barely come out of the harbor area and you are in war, so as for pulling people out with harpoons. Yes i get it, many of my points are directed towards the packhunting related things, but thats how i play my game and where my knowledge and experience goes. I'm sure others could point out other stuff.

Meh if you want to know how West is so much more favoured or catered to, just look at the greater dungeons and how easy the West sides are compared to the East dungeons. Just look at the extra effort given to making Ahnimar, Aubre Cradle and Airian Rock compared to Sunbite Wilds and Rokhala in the newest maps. Or just look at how many players roll West to play before PN was a thing. :lol

Sure this is everyone can do it stuff, but one can argue anyone can do easier trade runs with alts on either side too. The devs clearly favoured one side over the other for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Meh if you want to know how West is so much more favoured or catered to, just look at the greater dungeons and how easy the West sides are compared to the East dungeons. Just look at the extra effort given to making Ahnimar, Aubre Cradle and Airian Rock compared to Sunbite Wilds and Rokhala in the newest maps. Or just look at how many players roll West to play before PN was a thing. :lol

Sure this is everyone can do it stuff, but one can argue anyone can do easier trade runs with alts on either side too. The devs clearly favoured one side over the other for whatever reason.
    Dungeons are done by everyone as you said. I don't know how i'd judge which zone is more work put into, I do however like Rokhala, and i don't like ahnimar, which to me is very bland. Sunbite aubre and airain are all good to me, but sure its a subjective thing. The reason I roll nuian is because i want to be a human and not an animal(cat), and thats been that way in all games. I think this is a common way of thinking in many games, not because you already know beforehand that side X is the "best". If i could choose on afterhand now I'd roll warborn for their passives even though im not fan of the horns.

I can accept the fact that traderuns are in general "better" on nuian side, but thats only one aspect of the game, and it isnt even true in all categories, circumstances or areas.... i think its very strong exaggerations going on, without seeing the problem in the other mans shoes..

They should put in a new kind of golem that only targets pirates and pn members that are interfering with the war. It should spawn one per person and each one should only attack the person it was summoned for.

My god, there are bungalows ad islands right beside solis. There is housing in villanelle that you can almost drop back on to the safe are around the trade post. Ever try solzreed to cinder? Literally around a corner for great payouts.

The reason most of the east trade runs pay out slightly more is because they take twice as long so your profit over time is way lower anyway.

Every halcy "advantage" you list can be used by west too, but east don't have great ganking portals or mobs to take the cannon shots.

All of your east "advantages" are complete fabrications.

- You can use your house in Halcyona to teleport. Or you can use your alt character's/family's house to teleport (?)
    - Teleport lock in death trauma removed in 4.5. You can use teleport in any situation... If you are not dead or in battle
    - East has better racial skills (Invulnerable warborns witrh higher damage and many CC skills. Gathering-logging speed buff)
    - East had shorter danger zone in DS goloden time (when we can't use castle zones yet, but we had to transport blazing logs and auroria mineral waters)
    - each western cargo generate static "safe" charcoal quest for haranyan side too (20-20 charcoals?)
    - East and West can use both "big new" housing zones. Rokhala Mountains and Ahnimar are permanent peace zones.

And in FS:
    - East had economic advantage in starting time (cheaper and less risky quest pack)

I don't see big disadvantages in east side...

My god, there are bungalows ad islands right beside solis. There is housing in villanelle that you can almost drop back on to the safe are around the trade post. Ever try solzreed to cinder? Literally around a corner for great payouts.

The reason most of the east trade runs pay out slightly more is because they take twice as long so your profit over time is way lower anyway.

Every halcy "advantage" you list can be used by west too, but east don't have great ganking portals or mobs to take the cannon shots.

All of your east "advantages" are complete fabrications.
    Yeah sure, but bungalow is more expensive than a little cheap 16x16 house. And sure they are there, but it's no where close to how near the options for literally all other port options. Why would this matter? Well if you catch an enemy schooner on your radar, you gotta get to there as quick as possible to steal from him before he sold all the packs.

Yeah so east has one very strong advantage then? You're very biased on time here, maybe i'm more limited by labor than by time? How is both time, and pay out separately not advantages on their own?

The halcy advantages i listed are not the same for east. The hill isn't as close at all. The area behind the base is flat and wide, for west its a mountain, and you gotta cross the river either by slow gliding, or at the bridge which is a chokepoint of gankfest. Either way, you avoid the chokepoint and cutoff, and you will be much slower to come in and defend your base than any east player.

Fabrications? So you basically spit on my experiences for the past 2 years and dismiss them because they don't apply to you? Thats a nice way to go about it, you know that they become very real for me having to deal with them almost daily? Maybe they are not as obvious, and apparent to the majority of the playerbase, i can see that, but they are still there and you can't just ignore them just because you don't feel you take the advantage out of them to the same extent. We all play this game differently. I hardly run tradepacks on my own continent, so i don't get no benefit from that, should i diss any claim you wanna make around that then?

And solzreed to cinder, you gotta be joking right? How is a fully risk run for 10 gold payup ever something you'd do? Get real man, beside those 4 zones, dewstone and lilyut is mostly ♥♥♥♥ too unless you go to cinder with risk but same could be said to not go for ynystere so didnt dismiss them there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast