+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

So i havn't played AA in a while, came back for the Fresh Start.

Pretty much 100% of my time in Archeage is spent pirating the ocean.. hunting fishing boats or players running packs.
    Ive been playing FS.. and its rough.. there is essentially 0 packs in the game that are "contested".
    There are 0 packs on the ocean.. There are 0 fisherman on the ocean...

What the hell do people do all day on Archeage if you cant pirate/steal? It was this games only selling point to me. I feel like i just login, sit in Marianople and think about how i can spend over an hour in prison if i jump a green for his single pack in cinderstone waters.. and of course he'll be level 30 so he will probly kill me anyway after absorbing 9800 damage of my 10000 arc.

I can't switch to pirating land, because 100% of people run packs in peacetime.
    How do i login and find something to do?
    How do i justify buying another month of patron so i can watch people pay 5gold to take an NPC ship with invulnerability across the sea.

Last time i played freshstart, the announcements were filled with X player has upgraded Y sail to Epic. Now its rare to see anyone make their own ship because the water is useless, and everyone is happy with the stock 30day clipper from the supply chest.

TL.DR: Now that pirating is removed, what am i supposed to do in this game?

Kill luscas, Rangora, Kraken! Sink ships in this area. PvP in Mistmerrow!

Fill a ship with packs and wander around the ocean. I'm sure one of your pirate friends will find you and have a great time with you.

Yet another example of a "PVP" player who wants everyone else to risk but refuses to risk themselves.

Auroria isn't even open yet. Ships are crazy expensive. No one needs many dragon stabs. There isn't much cargo yet.

All of these things will change over time.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Kill luscas, Rangora, Kraken! Sink ships in this area. PvP in Mistmerrow!
    "PvE Instead" Yea i wanna steal packs. The main selling point of Archeage

Quote Originally Posted by Grox View Post
    Fill a ship with packs and wander around the ocean. I'm sure one of your pirate friends will find you and have a great time with you.
    Sarcastic answer because there is no replacement with the new awful carebear system

Those are all PVP events.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Those are all PVP events.
    that have no monetary gain

Quote Originally Posted by Douxo3 View Post
    Ahhh, so I see. Yet another "PVP" player who is in it to bully and harass the weak, not to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Douxo3 View Post
    Just 35 gold in kadum, more honor in MM... And maybe BiS gear in oceanic world bosses. Than you will get abyssal attack later and you can win in abyssal packs, later in aurorian packs (?). If you want to be trader or carebear don't go to pirate yet. Trade system is "dead". It died long time ago with this stupid cargo system and safe NPC ship. Golden age will never return. Nice old competitive high risk- high reward system destroyed by "help your enemies with cargo quest in other side" + "safe ocean trade" system.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Ahhh, so I see. Yet another "PVP" player who is in it to bully and harass the weak, not to PVP.
    yes. bully and harass is exactly what i want to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast