+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Translating the Ipnysh on the 4.5 update picture

Translating the Ipnysh on the 4.5 update picture

Hey all,

I've been working on translating the Ipnysh text found underneath the words "Legends Return" with my friend Gamepro03 using the Ipnysh translation chart.

This lettering is particularly difficult to translate compared to the other writings we've seen in game (Coins and magic circles for example).

So far, we've gotten that the words left and right of the circle are "stʃale" and "wings", with a k inside the circle in the middle and some characters around the circle in the middle.

We currently have some guesses for the characters around the k, mainly that the third character:
    is a T,
    the fourth:
    is an L,
    and the fifth:
    is an M.

In total:

This seriously looks like the phrase "Stale Wings" which I'm going to either assume is a joke or incorrect. I don't know what connection that k has with the letters around it, and I'm wondering if there's anything else that it could be.

@Quillodon @Socke
    Jimpy | Jimpi
    Nui | Kraken

That "K" is the Kidella mark, meaning "love." If you played the Nuian racial story line, it will be familiar.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ <Sakura> ~ Conviction East

If you want to get a better lead to ipnysh alphabet, check hero coins. They contain their names written in Ipnysh, using enough letters of whole alphabet.

Other hint might be on Harany hero statue in Solis, where you can find written "Amarendra". I have to check later, but your translation seems to be wrong.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

It'd definitely be good to get some more perspectives! I've been staring at these symbols for so long that I don't know how good I am at this right now :P
    Jimpy | Jimpi
    Nui | Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Jimpy View Post
    It'd definitely be good to get some more perspectives! I've been staring at these symbols for so long that I don't know how good I am at this right now :P
    Bit late into the game, but since the tʃ character can also be a "ch", perhaps it's Schale? I'm going to go on a limb and say it might be read as "Seal", which when paired with "Wings" could possibly point to Inoch. Inoch was a Hiram, so maybe referencing the "return" of Hiram artifacts (Hiram gear)?

+ Reply to Thread