+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Melee users

Question for Melee users

Now that we've had a good bit of time to adjust to the changes how do you feel bout the changes made to the melee skill trees. I know at the beginning the changes left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Overall I like the changes, but i know a lot of people don't especially a lot of DRs i knew. What are your guys thoughts/concerns/insights on the changes and the new classes emerging because of them?
    ♥♥♥♥ing White Knight-Daen
    Stop sleeping in my bed!-NateTheGreatest
    =)- Incursion
    Nice Hacks-DurpMen
    I'm not salty-Blast
    Nehalem and Lionheart have swiped so much they are no longer considered whales, they are now classified as World Bosses-CyberTwigg

NMDR <3
    Astral Ranger/Blighter/Executioner/Paladin <-Alphabetically not play order.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMdefRequired View Post
    Now that we've had a good bit of time to adjust to the changes how do you feel bout the changes made to the melee skill trees. I know at the beginning the changes left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Overall I like the changes, but i know a lot of people don't especially a lot of DRs i knew. What are your guys thoughts/concerns/insights on the changes and the new classes emerging because of them?
    Not sure why it matters to most DR's? DR was a low skill cap class thats still effective with a lower gear score. They just switched to executioner and literally do the same low skill cap stuff they did before.

Sometimes they have to hit 1, 2, 3, and 4... sometimes they just spin to win. That choice makes it hard to play because there are two options to place your face on your keyboard.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

DRs was for a long time a easy killer class. CC combo and high burst dps is enough to kill almost any class even with more gear. Plus DRs are very mobile class, have anti-cc and mitigation damage.
    This combination turn DR OP and the most play class.
    Any other BR user have no such power. Still good class.

Now DRs loose the CC combo, and mobility, the anti_cc and mitigation. DRs are just a poor class now.
    Others melees suffer less, but today is almost a class for fun.

Archers are the OP meta i guess, and then mages.

The best DPS is a archer, the best tanker is a mage, Healer still Healer, Melee is joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Durah View Post
    DRs was for a long time a easy killer class. CC combo and high burst dps is enough to kill almost any class even with more gear. Plus DRs are very mobile class, have anti-cc and mitigation damage.
    This combination turn DR OP and the most play class.
    Any other BR user have no such power. Still good class.

Now DRs loose the CC combo, and mobility, the anti_cc and mitigation. DRs are just a poor class now.
    Others melees suffer less, but today is almost a class for fun.

Archers are the OP meta i guess, and then mages.

The best DPS is a archer, the best tanker is a mage, Healer still Healer, Melee is joke.
    Why did u claim melee is a joke? I'm abolisher now, low gear. better quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lelis View Post
    Why did u claim melee is a joke? I'm abolisher now, low gear. better quit?
    I can't tell u what to do. Just clariry some points.

Before 4.5, Melees (most DR) are assasin class, they pull on someone and kill so fast that ppl can't even heal. High dps and burst are linked with the capacity to lock CC the target. So Melees lock ppl in stun and trip and then kill him.
    Other Melees (like abolisher), are most PVE tanks, no much to do on PVP except for 1x1.

Now, Melees lost the ability to lock CC, and all the other class can easy kite. They cant kill since they can't stun and trip anymore. DRs loose mobility, Anti-cc and mitigation too, so the most OP class before 4.5 turn the most nerfed class after 4.5.
    There is nothing that a archer can't do better than a melee now.

So its up to u now. Continue to do a nerfed class or reroll to a most strong.

yup best to re-roll another class, go archer or mage. But if you want to stay melee then executioner or bladedancer seem to be the most played now. Defence just seems like a waste of time now as they can take your shield away with songcraft. So the game is going back to the start where mages and archers were op, just a lot less fun.

God bless old DR. Executioner doesnt have the amount of trips and stuns that old DR had. Now i need hammer and tiger strike to trip. Its the only trip i have. Also the mobility sucks. No mirror warp,teleport. Just shadowstep,and drop back that i've never used as DR.
    Resurgence <Jackals> Tempest. All skillsets at 55. Abyssal 55 Battlerage,Shadowplay. 7900 GS
    Paladin-> Stone Arrow-> Blighter-> Inquisitor-> Hexblade-> Dual wield Darkrunner-> 2 hander Darkrunner-> Executioner Former Ayanad and Erenor hero.

I'm super happy with 4.5 changes. battlerage in my gameplan got much more usability offering me easy 99% wins while loosing only against fullbuffed legendary erenor staffs/bows (If they can manage to launch full skillrotations).
    Battlerage based ccs and debuffs are much easier to get placed.

Melee are unusable ,sell blades , buy bow ..... or do not go PVP zones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast