+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Question for Melee users

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    For 1v1, melee/mage vs melee/mage is in way better shape than before though mage is on top now. There are at least a lot better counterplay and tactical options that can swing things either way.

For individual skills, hell spear seems too powerful (meta-defining). And new stealth mechanics (damage boost) is poorly thought out, encouraging rock-paper-scissors situations with potentially no counter play.

Archers still seem in poor shape for 1v1 because buffed snare, all the other new ranged CCs they cant counterplay, and parry is basically still the same vs archers. XL just can't get archers right.
    Not a melee or mage so will take your word on the top. I agree with your assessment about hell spear, and I have no idea what brain dead monkey decided stealth damage boost was a good idea. It's not like its worked in any game ever, yet XL puts it in after 3.5 years...

I do not find archery bad 1v1 wise outside of the game has way to much cc. I still win the vast majority of my fights, but pretty much every fight involves some idiot running around trying to land a cc lock and then running to a nui if it fails. They took all the cc and put it on trees they buffed, then took cc mitigation and shoved that on the trees they nerfed, who would have thought it would go wrong.

I havent played large scale in awhile, seems like the cc makes it even more of a 'numbers all that matters' meta.

I'm just going to say if you think melee sucks now, you don't play it correctly.

Almost everyone in this thread has zero idea on anything related to melee. CLEARLY.
    Server:kraken
    Guild: Incendiary
    Class: Dark Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Melee is still locking target and bursting them to death. The same people that couldn't play otherwise are now just doing it with a different setup/rotation, why do you keep suggesting otherwise?

Locking someone down for the entire duration of a fight is bad game mechanics and overall poor for the game. Great for those with no skills, bad for the game.
    I don't always die when I'm knocked, if you do you need to rethink your build and what you're doing. If you're in cloth, your'e gonna get bursted hard. If you're in plate, you should last a bit longer and leather a mixture. You're going to die to someone with insane dmg whether you like it or not. To say it's bad game mechanics having CC is stupid. If there was no CC archers would dominate and mages would get dumpstered faster since they can't lock their target away. I get ♥♥♥♥ on by mages as melee most times, but I CAN beat them. Stop complaining and learn to play the game kiddo.
    Server:kraken
    Guild: Incendiary
    Class: Dark Runner

Quote Originally Posted by EpOx View Post
    I don't always die when I'm knocked, if you do you need to rethink your build and what you're doing. If you're in cloth, your'e gonna get bursted hard. If you're in plate, you should last a bit longer and leather a mixture. You're going to die to someone with insane dmg whether you like it or not. To say it's bad game mechanics having CC is stupid. If there was no CC archers would dominate and mages would get dumpstered faster since they can't lock their target away. I get ♥♥♥♥ on by mages as melee most times, but I CAN beat them. Stop complaining and learn to play the game kiddo.
    Look Ed, we found a new BattleRAGER!
    Not gonna spew insults, but you should look into the context of what he, I and a few others, from a NONBAISED perspective, are saying, before blindly screaming "GET GUD". The game is a roflstomp of "I can 1 shot you, or I can chain lock you to death." Any respectable pvp mmo game (WoW) gives all classes one free cc break, and most "cc" tends to be in the forms of cripples and slows, with very few hard ccs like knock downs, that allow you to still counterplay against their opponent. Cc in general in this game, makes pvp a joke. If you disagree, let me know when there's an active streamer base for pvp content on AA, that isn't just Kooncoon. I'll be waiting.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

Quote Originally Posted by EpOx View Post
    To say it's bad game mechanics having CC is stupid. If there was no CC archers would dominate and mages would get dumpstered faster since they can't lock their target away. I get ♥♥♥♥ on by mages as melee most times, but I CAN beat them. Stop complaining and learn to play the game kiddo.
    I did not say it's bad game mechanics to have CC. CC is an important part of most MMO's. Intelligent CC that you need to time and use appropriately is a great addition to combat.

What I said was locking someone down for the entire duration of a fight is bad game mechanics, because it is. I get why someone like yourself would need to play DR, and likely now Executioner, I just think its bad mechanics to cater to that low skill cap play.

i remember playing executioner before it was cool... good times.

Cool Durmithor

The game is actually more balanced at this point,believe it or not and like it or not...
    To those who say BR tree dps is nerfed,have u ppl ever landed Prec strike crit in succession with Sunder earth crit on bleeding targets???????It's massive dmg AND u still get 30% incoming dmg reduction.Whirlwind does massive dmg now too...BR lacks CC?Pffff that statement is hillarious since SNARE now imobilizes the target and prevents turning as well as moving and Distressed and Shaken now AOE slows targets which makes it great to use with Whirlwind if greatly outnumbered for a kd.Next Tiger strike now KNOCKS DOWN target/s preceeded with Hell spear AND if used as a LIFE Tiger strike gives INCAPACITATION IMMUNITY for number of seconds same as number of targets hit so go figure.Next BR tree now has a stun from Hammer toss and the skill now AOE staggers targets (HammToss also does more dmg,double if im not mistaking,if used on slowed targets).Next and MOST IMPORTANT CC for mass pvp is AOE KNOCKDOWN from Terrifying roar and it combos with Witchcraft's Fear dismantling half of an enemy raid(go see the tooltip).In short,about BR dps and cc's though there are bunch of other BR cc combos that are very usefull that i havent mentioned due to reasonable size of the post...read the tool tips,learn them and learn how to use combos,AA is not an easy game again like it or not.

About the defense tree ''nerfs'' O.o
    Refreshment gives Hellspear immunity,Revitalizing cheer now lifts stun,Redoubt still gives kd immunity,Bull rush still comboes with stun skills into kd AND SHACKLES TARGET,Mocking howl(7m aoe) and Boastfull roar(10 ♥♥♥♥in meters aoe) Shakens/Distresses (read:SLOWS) all targets in radius which comboes with Whirlwind into knockdowns.Defense now has a 20m pull skill Lasso which in combination with auroria GREAVES max's up to a 23m (since Savage greaves give +3m to Lasso range) which is nice to use from stealth or in combo with Auramancy Teleport and/or BEL for gap closers which reslut in 38m Teleport/Lasso combo,now pay attention,PLUS 20m FROM BEL and there u have an answer to the Archers or Mages gap closing as well...u do the math,maybe im mistaken,if i am do let me know...Go figure abyssal passive Shield of steel that gives 5x300 PhyDef when attacked stacking to a max of 1500 PhyDef and Shield throw that Shackles/Disarms target for 3/5 sec,so Defense skill tree now has TWO Shackle skills...

SO THERES A SMALL,SHORT ELABORATE,PLZ EXPLAIN AGAIN HOW BR AND DEFENSE ARE ''NERFED'' AND PLZ ASK ME DO I EVEN PLAY MELEE CLASS...OR,PERHAPS,GO READ THE TOOLTIPS,FIND U'R FAVORITE COMBOS THAT SUITE U,PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE FUN FOR THAT IS IT'S SOLE PURPOSE...

GOD BLESS

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Look Ed, we found a new BattleRAGER!
    Not gonna spew insults, but you should look into the context of what he, I and a few others, from a NONBAISED perspective, are saying, before blindly screaming "GET GUD". The game is a roflstomp of "I can 1 shot you, or I can chain lock you to death." Any respectable pvp mmo game (WoW) gives all classes one free cc break, and most "cc" tends to be in the forms of cripples and slows, with very few hard ccs like knock downs, that allow you to still counterplay against their opponent. Cc in general in this game, makes pvp a joke. If you disagree, let me know when there's an active streamer base for pvp content on AA, that isn't just Kooncoon. I'll be waiting.
    Even Rift (another Trion production) everyone was given a breakfree ability a year or two into the game. That was years ago... I am honestly shocked there isn't a universal break-free on a timer in Archeage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    I did not say it's bad game mechanics to have CC. CC is an important part of most MMO's. Intelligent CC that you need to time and use appropriately is a great addition to combat.

What I said was locking someone down for the entire duration of a fight is bad game mechanics, because it is. I get why someone like yourself would need to play DR, and likely now Executioner, I just think its bad mechanics to cater to that low skill cap play.
    Agreed. Locking people down with Trip was the main issue with DR's before. People erroneously focused on complaining about 'Darkrunner' when the main issue was the lack of any kind of break free ability for Trip. This is why knee jerk balance changes aren't smart. Post patch, we are now in the same exact situation (CC someone entire fight) while DPSing them. How is that different? It's just done via other trees or abilities now. I was never one of those people who locked people down all the time - it's lame - so this patch didn't do anything to me except give me more options for specs. And my damage went through the roof. At this point, I would almost argue that PVP damage across the board is too much. I see 10ks getting 1shotted with a lucky crit lol. 10k gs is the new 6k...

Sad part in this game atm is that you can't build tanky vs physical dmg. Only counter to melees/archers is more dmg at least in 1v1. It's a braindead dps race were if you can unload faster on your opponent than he can to you then you win. Not that mages have a more imaginative gameplay. it's basically the same skill sequence, over and over again with a lot less decisiveness comparing to melee gameplay.

If I would rate the game atm I would give it a 2 out of 10 for it's pvp/combat. Pretty boring/one dimensional/lame.

It seems pvpwise 3.5-4.0 were by far the best updates with very few major issues revolving yet again around Battlerage as a whole and Archery in terms of some successor skills and that monkey abyssal range.

All in all XL did it again and made the game even more unplayable than before in 1v1 while making RvR frustrating for many and fun for very few.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5