+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Melee users

I must be the only person who uses the defense tree that doesn't think the temporary loss of shield is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Durah View Post
    Now, Melees lost the ability to lock CC, and all the other class can easy kite.
    Melee can easily cc lock people for a longer duration then before, you just need to use more abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Melee can easily cc lock people for a longer duration then before, you just need to use more abilities.
    U prob dont play melee right?

All melees chain combos need start with a gap closer distance skill aka(BEL, Charge, Overhealm). And then u do the basic ( trip, damage, stun,trip, damage, death). Even the DR (the most OP melee) used to do this to kill.
    Now, there is not such a skill. Melee lost all skill that can hit ppl in medium range and keep them lock.

BR have just one stun skill (Hammer Toss), try hit any class but a tree with this skill. The trip in BR +SP tree dont work at least u use OCC(and target dont have defense) or Witchcraft( and target dont have auramancy).

Melee is the most easy class to be kited to the death now. Mages and archers can kill on range, melee dont.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedFerret View Post
    I must be the only person who uses the defense tree that doesn't think the temporary loss of shield is a big deal.
    Its depende on situation. But the real big problem with defense its the nerf on block itself.
    But defense take a lot of nerf. Redbout, invencibile, and no stun anymore. Defense became a very nerf skilltree.

Its depende on situation. But the real big problem with defense its the nerf on block itself.
    But defense take a lot of nerf. Redbout, invencibile, and no stun anymore. Defense became a very nerf skilltree.
    The only thing I disliked was the shield slam/bull rush changes. but even with the "nerfs" ( i use that lightly cause some things got better too) defense is the tree i have the most skill point invested in, and rely on more then others.

Melee is the most easy class to be kited to the death now. Mages and archers can kill on range, melee dont.
    Lasso, imprison, cruel binding= no kiting

U prob dont play melee right?

All melees chain combos need start with a gap closer distance skill aka(BEL, Charge, Overhealm). And then u do the basic ( trip, damage, stun,trip, damage, death). Even the DR (the most OP melee) used to do this to kill.
    Now, there is not such a skill. Melee lost all skill that can hit ppl in medium range and keep them lock.

BR have just one stun skill (Hammer Toss), try hit any class but a tree with this skill. The trip in BR +SP tree dont work at least u use OCC(and target dont have defense) or Witchcraft( and target dont have auramancy).

You're hardcore reaching if you think BR lacks cc chains.
    All old fotm classes across the board lost mobility, but BR still has BEL and Tigerstrike in their own tree, to catch ppl from a distance. TS now has a lock down combo within itself (snare and/or knockdown, depending on slow and/or impalement), you can then get occ for shadowstep and more ranged shinanigans (impaled upon an atk being missed every 20 seconds), and shadow/witch/aura for even more gap closing/mobility + dmg/cc combos.

As a tank, you can go defense/br/anything with a GC/cc/mobility skill(s) and be just as cancer to physicals as you were before patch. Ferret has never been a heavily geared tank, yet he's one of the ones that take forever to die. If he can tank like a boss, why can't someone with full T6 divine/epic?...
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/xxbigbosscrossxx

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    .As a tank, you can go defense/br/anything with a GC/cc/mobility skill(s) and be just as cancer to physicals as you were before patch. Ferret has never been a heavily geared tank, yet he's one of the ones that take forever to die. If he can tank like a boss, why can't someone with full T6 divine/epic?...
    I'll have you know I now have 4/7 pieces at divine xD

As far as other tanks go here is what I've noticed, allot of "tanks" relied on block/parry then built the rest of their class around str(melee tanks ie abolish/blighter) and tried to damage and kill opponents quickly, used to be able to battle focus/ redoubt/ battle focus and pretty much take no damage. but with changes Stam is king for tanks, at least in my opinion because a lot of your regen skills scale off of your overall health/stamina. I see "Tanks" that have 22-24k hp at 8-9k gs while im still under 7k gs with 42khp and can just regen health until they are out of mana and kill them when they cant fight back. and since life absorb scales off of max health i get over 400hp healed per tick which is more then most non-magic users can deal to me in that time.

I dont normally share these cause these are mostly just for me to review and see what i coulda done different in the fight but.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hlv0FxihS4

Same class, im significantly out geared, and if it wasnt for their mana pots I'm fairly certain i would won, they built a "tank" class in ayan flame, and didn't have the self sustain or mana control needed and had to resort to pots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0liIz7UIAE&t

In this one I got pared with an Ebonsong with left over raid pots, lost the first round and had to draw out the fight to get his buffs to expire, i basically had to let him hit me and survive off of my build (even with me losing my shield a few times) letting yourself take uninterrupted damage from an buffed ebongsong for over 8minutes is kinda a pain. but it shows tanks still can compete even with the changes and new threats.

srry bout the blurred quality when it down scaled from 4k to 1080p it gets kinda meh

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    You're hardcore reaching if you think BR lacks cc chains.
    All old fotm classes across the board lost mobility, but BR still has BEL and Tigerstrike in their own tree, to catch ppl from a distance. TS now has a lock down combo within itself (snare and/or knockdown, depending on slow and/or impalement), you can then get occ for shadowstep and more ranged shinanigans (impaled upon an atk being missed every 20 seconds), and shadow/witch/aura for even more gap closing/mobility + dmg/cc combos.

As a tank, you can go defense/br/anything with a GC/cc/mobility skill(s) and be just as cancer to physicals as you were before patch. Ferret has never been a heavily geared tank, yet he's one of the ones that take forever to die. If he can tank like a boss, why can't someone with full T6 divine/epic?...
    I see on ur sig that u play Archer, Hit a ppl is not problem to u. Melee need lock in same skill that he use to catch, if u dont play melee u cant understand why. A BR hit u with TS (20m), before even close this distance u as a archer can hit from 35 m. Then finally i hit u with TS, u just use Teleporte, Drop back and get away from me before i use a second skill, that because my TS dont lock, so u can easy scape from me. I need keep 4mdistance do hit u, so or u are a tree or i cant chase. Like i said Melees now need use occ or witch do lock ppl, and pray to the terget dont have counter cc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast