+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Melee users

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedFerret View Post
    Lasso, imprison, cruel binding= no kiting
    A normal ppl can easy scape from imprison area effect before barrier creation. U use lasso and then he use teleport, drop back and u imprison locks only urself.

About cruel Binding, u have to spend defense and abyssal for this, need 8m and is a CAST skill, do u need stop moving to use, any ppl can easy easy geat away from u and even if u able to HIT the CB dont lock the ppl. They cna still moving enough to trouble u hit ur close range skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Durah View Post
    I see on ur sig that u play Archer, Hit a ppl is not problem to u. Melee need lock in same skill that he use to catch, if u dont play melee u cant understand why. A BR hit u with TS (20m), before even close this distance u as a archer can hit from 35 m. Then finally i hit u with TS, u just use Teleporte, Drop back and get away from me before i use a second skill, that because my TS dont lock, so u can easy scape from me. I need keep 4mdistance do hit u, so or u are a tree or i cant chase. Like i said Melees now need use occ or witch do lock ppl, and pray to the terget dont have counter cc.
    If you don't understand other classes and their strengths/weaknesses, why are you even making a post about your lack of understanding of catching archers? PvP legends are made by knowing ALL classes, not just your own, and screaming "nerf" when you fail to know how to beat another. Better yourself.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/pewsivraj

has anybody else actually been using Shadowplay's bloodthirst staggers?

It's actually pretty useful for setting up the harder-to-land CC's

U prob dont play melee right?

All melees chain combos need start with a gap closer distance skill aka(BEL, Charge, Overhealm). And then u do the basic ( trip, damage, stun,trip, damage, death). Even the DR (the most OP melee) used to do this to kill.
    Now, there is not such a skill. Melee lost all skill that can hit ppl in medium range and keep them lock.

BR have just one stun skill (Hammer Toss), try hit any class but a tree with this skill. The trip in BR +SP tree dont work at least u use OCC(and target dont have defense) or Witchcraft( and target dont have auramancy).

Melee is the most easy class to be kited to the death now. Mages and archers can kill on range, melee dont.
    No offense, but dont even bother responding to my posts if you are just going to spew gibberish. You clearly do not play melee, at least not well if you are spouting this crud.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    No offense, but dont even bother responding to my posts if you are just going to spew gibberish. You clearly do not play melee, at least not well if you are spouting this crud.
    U are the one that come with ofenses not i.
    I just expose my view and my reasons, u dont denied any of them and just blame me.
    I play as melee since ever, not DR, i never like to play as OP class. Believe or not its ur choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    If you don't understand other classes and their strengths/weaknesses, why are you even making a post about your lack of understanding of catching archers? PvP legends are made by knowing ALL classes, not just your own, and screaming "nerf" when you fail to know how to beat another. Better yourself.
    I dont screaming nothing, just expose my view. U can disagree or expose ur own view. i just really dont understand why come with ofenses.
    I dont talking about "legends", and never told about "dont know other other class". My reasons are already very statement before.

This Game have a fast battle rythm and a high damage output as winner. Ranged class (like archers, mages) can hit ppl even without lock them, Melees dont. If u can easy kite melee, u can easy survive to them.
    Before 4.5, Melees win battle by lock target and burst them to the death. With new changes, the lack of efetive CC on pvp, make melees very easy to be kited to the death.

The changes on mitigation make harder burst ppl, so the constant DPS is more effective now.

Wow I'm a melee dps and frankly it seems like a lot of this is terrible advice from people who either 1) haven't played as a melee dps, or 2) aren't about acclimating to the changes well cause their class won't do what it did before. The only real hit that melee took was a short term one; dropping agi off of gear to replace with strength. Properly geared melee is just as dangerous as before when you crack into the higher end of the GS spectrum. Melee are VERY viable in group pvp and still great for solo play as well; we can just roll strength/stam now without needing agi for crit so our stats went way up! my crit rate almost doubled since the patch and my character is hitting harder than it did before 4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by hayoh View Post
    1) haven't played as a melee dps, ....... my crit rate almost doubled since the patch and my character is hitting harder than it did before 4.5.

I'm play defensive melee, so yeah I'm not experienced at being a dps but most of what I've seen is a mass reduction in damage output. for example I can go toe to toe with an 11k gs dr that use kill me in under 20sec. (granted i get DR took a massive hit so might not be best example) I agree with melee need to focus str and stam second (for dps) but im also curious at what weapon/combos/class youre using. Did u focus on crit gems over damage? 1h/2h? stacking crit damage armor pieces? def pen? I'm curious since all the melees I've fought damage seems to have dwindled significantly. curious at what you did to maintain and increase yours... like i said i dnt melee dps so im kinda at a lost, all i know is how to lessen damage not increase it. any other tips for melees trying to regain there lost dps?

Before 4.5, Melees win battle by lock target and burst them to the death. With new changes, the lack of efetive CC on pvp, make melees very easy to be kited to the death.
    Melee is still locking target and bursting them to death. The same people that couldn't play otherwise are now just doing it with a different setup/rotation, why do you keep suggesting otherwise?

Locking someone down for the entire duration of a fight is bad game mechanics and overall poor for the game. Great for those with no skills, bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    That choice makes it hard to play because there are two options to place your face on your keyboard.
    I almost pee'd myself...
    Damn you...

MrSavage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast