+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Question for Melee users

Am I reading this right? Melee are complaining about ranged and magic? How shocking.
    I am sure there is another thread nearby from an archer complaining about melee and magic, and yet another from a mage complaining about ranged and melee.

I am not trying to be snarky here, but learn your class, THEN learn the other classes. As bizarre as this next suggestion may sound, it helps - go to Marianople, or whatever the spot on that OTHER continent is and DUEL. LOSE. LEARN.
    I have learned far more about the weaknesses and strengths of my class by losing to people than I ever have winning. If you lose in a close fight, try to figure out why and then go again. If you lose again, keep beating your head against the wall... EVERY class has a weakness - guard yours, exploit theirs = victory. You aren't going to fight an archer the same way you are going to fight a mage, and vice versa.

I am still gemming out my gear based upon what I am learning and where I see my weakness. Still learning and trying to come up with better combos. Believe me, after you lose to the same person a dozen times, you will figure out a way to beat them.

Yes, 4.5 implemented changes. In turn, I changed. I liked Blighter before - still do, but I am reshaping to Doomlord.

Adapt, adjust, LOSE and LEARN.

FYI - I may be the only person to freely admit this - My 8.9k GS is a COMPLETE and total compensation for not being an UBER PVPer... but I am learning and not complaining, so when it clicks... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

With the lowered skill damage, melee plays a lot more like mages this patch. I don't like how certain skill trees are so important to counter others but overall the rebalance is a large improvement from the previous state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    With the lowered skill damage, melee plays a lot more like mages this patch. I don't like how certain skill trees are so important to counter others but overall the rebalance is a large improvement from the previous state of the game.
    Not in my view. I do not see the balance being better, just a slight shuffle as to what works best and what trees are most used. Also I think there is too much CC and I am not convinced CC communities are working as intended.

If XL follows it up with more tweaks and changes, it could be better. If its like this for 3.5 years before they get around to shuffling the deck again, its no better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Not in my view. I do not see the balance being better, just a slight shuffle as to what works best and what trees are most used. Also I think there is too much CC and I am not convinced CC communities are working as intended.

If XL follows it up with more tweaks and changes, it could be better. If its like this for 3.5 years before they get around to shuffling the deck again, its no better than before.
    Agree here too. It's worse than it was before now that song craft is insanity and everyone stacks crit the damage is way out of control. Pretty much everyone just runs CC specs because you can usually kill someone in one stun lock every time. That seems to be the XL way of helping... People complaining about trip combos and one-hit wonder specs? Give everyone more crit and CC locks! Aged packs and Fert packs pile up at all the trade towers? Nerf basic packs, buff aged and fellowship!

Maybe we should start complaining that CC is way too weak so they nerf it.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

more options now which is a good thing.

and what was funny was all the people so happy melee would be nerfed.
    i do like 3x the dps i used to now.
    be careful what you ask for

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor69 View Post
    more options now which is a good thing.

and what was funny was all the people so happy melee would be nerfed.
    i do like 3x the dps i used to now.
    be careful what you ask for
    What's even funnier was all the people who played darkrunner who said they play it because it needed skill or it wasn't OP... ditched it the second it wasn't the obviously completely broken OP class anymore... and now they are playing things that need skill and aren't OP again (of course).
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQKUrnXuWk

Melee is still viable in 4.5. This is only 1 of many, many, many videos.

I'm tossing all hope for ever seeing AA as a (more) balanced mmo. For the past what, 4 years, we've seen "nerfs" that completely underwhelm the buffs.
    "Nerf br skill dmg by 30% , BUT lets increase all dmg by 200% in the form of crit dmg and songcraft meta"
    "Nerf mage range, BUT movement speed is a joke, thanks to songcraft meta! (If u dont use it yourself)"
    "Buff archery, and cuz we need another cheese option, nerf block and parry, but nerf EA too, just cuz."
    ""Tanks""
    I'm just enjoying the game for what it is, and not spending a dime otherwise.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post

For 1v1, melee/mage vs melee/mage is in way better shape than before though mage is on top now. There are at least a lot better counterplay and tactical options that can swing things either way.

For individual skills, hell spear seems too powerful (meta-defining). And new stealth mechanics (damage boost) is poorly thought out, encouraging rock-paper-scissors situations with potentially no counter play.

Archers still seem in poor shape for 1v1 because buffed snare, all the other new ranged CCs they cant counterplay, and parry is basically still the same vs archers. XL just can't get archers right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    For 1v1, melee/mage vs melee/mage is in way better shape than before though mage is on top now. There are at least a lot better counterplay and tactical options that can swing things either way.

For individual skills, hell spear seems too powerful (meta-defining). And new stealth mechanics (damage boost) is poorly thought out, encouraging rock-paper-scissors situations with potentially no counter play.

Archers still seem in poor shape for 1v1 because buffed snare, all the other new ranged CCs they cant counterplay, and parry is basically still the same vs archers. XL just can't get archers right.
    80% of the games I've played on an endgame pvp lvl over 10 years (tera, fiesta, gw2, PWI, Forsaken World, BDO, etc.) Can never seem to get archers/shooters right. Theyre either too mobile, too immobile, or dont deal enough dmg or deal too much dmg (while being mobile/immobile) WoW probably got the closest with hunters, but even then, most use BM due to pet mechanics, and markman is kinda left in the dust as a super risk, low/moderate reward stationary dps.

For most of those same games, mages are always idioticly powerful, WHILE having insane magic defensive buffs (PWI gave demon-path mages a 250% defense barrier THAT REFLECTS DMG & CC....) that "compensate" for "cast time inconvenience" (even tho you can shave 40% of it off your skills with gear) and tend to always be the go-to endgame "flood" class for tryhard guilds. Not forgetting the fact they also get mobility.

Then melee always tend to just be the facerollers. You get tons of cc, a few gap closers, tons of survivability skills amd stats, mobility, and dmg. The most versatile of the 3 usually, being able to dps, tank, or dedicate cc.

So yeah, archers/shooters can only be designed to do so much, before theyre just hypermobile dps specs, or super immoble turrets, that get overshadowed by the real stationary burst class (mage).
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast