+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage dilemma

Mage dilemma

1. Why do 99% of the mobs in Archeage deal physical damage instead of magic damage. Isn't this cause cloth armour inferior?

2. Why do mage want to sacrifice 20% physical defense for 10% reduced cast time that save 0.1s delay. Isn't that mage already squishy enough, reducing their defense for slightly faster spell cast doesn't make any sense imo. Nobody want to spend a skill point to demote themselves.

3. Why do melee/warrior have better teleport than so called mage = 'magician'? Battlerage have hammer jump like 15~20m range with bonus 3sec stun if land on their face. While magician (sorcery) have non of them except a gimmick random teleport blink blink to random direction area. Isnt that magician suppose have the best of the best teleport among all the classes but in Archeage melee has the best teleportation skill.

4. Why do melee can attack while moving, archer can shoot arrow while moving but magician can only stand still to attack (flamebolt)? Why don't allow mage to cast flamebolt while moving?
    Attached Images

FS is significantly lacking in available skills.

Mana fountain is useless. It has awful synergy especially with Insulating lens (one increases pdef and the other reduces...) I am not sure what they were thinking when they made this skill.

Mages can have many teleports now, and lasso.

Stop crying, mages are OP AsFk, just learn to play dude!
    Also mage gear is aways cheaper in AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    "We" (trion/archeage) are not the target of the DDoS. The attack is on an ISP we use, which means we are bystanders being affected by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Oh man. Muzzy you going to ask your ISP for compensation? You would really fit into the Archeage community then.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    Mana fountain is useless.
    Yeah, the free attack speed you can keep up the whole fight is really useless... Not like mages rely on attack speed over everything else this patch ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    Yeah, the free attack speed you can keep up the whole fight is really useless... Not like mages rely on attack speed over everything else this patch ;P
    It's hurting your pdef a lot and you have to waste at least a GCD for it to activate, whereas the other classes have no drawbacks from it and get it by just using their main abilities.

I don't care much for 20% of my 4.5k pdef as a staff mage, I die either way if I ♥♥♥♥ up and get caught. My resillience and Toughness stays untouched though. Besides, compared to the other classes I do not need 5 attacks to get the full attack speed boost. I don't even need and extra GCD, I am casting Lens or Frigid Tracks anyway. It is just a nice thing to pick up passively. The best defense you have as a mage is cc and burst. And attack speed helps you with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    I don't care much for 20% of my 4.5k pdef as a staff mage, I die either way if I ♥♥♥♥ up and get caught. My resillience and Toughness stays untouched though. Besides, compared to the other classes I do not need 5 attacks to get the full attack speed boost. I don't even need and extra GCD, I am casting Lens or Frigid Tracks anyway. It is just a nice thing to pick up passively. The best defense you have as a mage is cc and burst. And attack speed helps you with both.
    ^ THAT ^

In AA it's pretty simple: do one thing, and do it good.

If you're DPS, dont' try to be tanky. If you're a tank, don't try to DPS. If you're a CC class, dont' CC half-a~~ed.

Focus on doing one job well and that will be your strength.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

-- Robert Frost, 1920 --

Mages are super strong and with this skill, mages can cast even a meteor super fast.

what I thought, is that they did, this game does not like magicians: D
    it sounds joke is what I think and been all patch, and seen the improvement of each branch, main
    but to the magician, to this day I see him go one step back
    does not improve the defense, they break it, as they want is as it says in a subject, before the magician, had an attack, aora has nothing only to see those who were magicians were made, dr or archers for something will be
    aora you go with a weapon erenor epic or staff erenor, with weapons t7, you do not do half damage before anyone who is a magician knows it is easy to criticize when it is another class

Quote Originally Posted by ZanGeetsu View Post
    what I thought, is that they did, this game does not like magicians: D
    it sounds joke is what I think and been all patch, and seen the improvement of each branch, main
    but to the magician, to this day I see him go one step back
    does not improve the defense, they break it, as they want is as it says in a subject, before the magician, had an attack, aora has nothing only to see those who were magicians were made, dr or archers for something will be
    aora you go with a weapon erenor epic or staff erenor, with weapons t7, you do not do half damage before anyone who is a magician knows it is easy to criticize when it is another class
    yup, just delete mage from archeage, its so useless. 99sec cast time to deal mediocre damage, other class have no cast time to dish out immense damage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast