+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new obsidian system

new obsidian system

new obsidian system (magnificent > T1 > T2 > T3 > T4)

1. if I upgrade my divine magnificent to T1 cursed obsidian will the T1 cursed obsidian stay divine?

2. since upgrading obsidian will maintain the grade, a legendary T1 obsidian upgraded to T2 will maintain the same rarity with small chance to increase grade if that's true?

3. obsidian eq vs cursed obsidian eq. since the new obsidian required the 'cursed' one to upgrade, how about the normal obsidian equipment sold in AH? do they able to upgrade into cursed version?

1. if I upgrade my divine magnificent to T1 cursed obsidian will the T1 cursed obsidian stay divine?
    A: No, It will not. Many people are making this mistake right now.

2. since upgrading obsidian will maintain the grade, a legendary T1 obsidian upgraded to T2 will maintain the same rarity with small chance to increase grade if that's true?
    A: Yes, that is true. There is a very very very small chance during upgrade you'll pick up a grade. The higher the rarirty the more remote the chance of upgrade is.

3. obsidian eq vs cursed obsidian eq. since the new obsidian required the 'cursed' one to upgrade, how about the normal obsidian equipment sold in AH? do they able to upgrade into cursed version?
    A: The old obsidian weapons and armor are upgradeable in Mirage Isle using the same mats they did prior to 4.5.

More info available here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6ZvWkRe3U

1. No

2. Yes but don't count on it, it's extremely rare and you have less chance the higher the grade.

3. Mirage has a workbench to upgrade old obsidian stuff.

Edit: Aired beat me to it

It might be worth noting that only 4 tiers instead of 7 tiers equals less chances at a very very very small chance. I suppose you could always try getting your hands on an old T1, at least until they're all gone, since unless I derped on the math that would get you 5 chances instead of 3.... Honestly the chance is so low though...

But considering that XL is apparently considering removing/phasing out Obsidian and introducing a new gear type, that's kind of an interesting development for all of us who were expecting XL to wait until everyone was in Erenor then release T8....

They better not remove obsidian, they pushed me toward obsidian instead of ayanad/erenor with 4.5 just to reduce my cast time to something that's hopefully tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
    They better not remove obsidian, they pushed me toward obsidian instead of ayanad/erenor with 4.5 just to reduce my cast time to something that's hopefully tolerable.
    According to XL fresh start servers will not be getting obsidian and instead ancients armor. As for legacy they get to keep it now, but will eventually phase it out.

Wait Wait wait wait....

Upgrading to Obsidian make you LOST the grade? So a divine magnificent item will reset the grade to basic/grand when you upgrade it to Obsidian T1 (old T3)? Seriously?

magnificent must be basic when u turn into t1 obsidian yes

Quote Originally Posted by TrueWarlord2018 View Post
    Wait Wait wait wait....

Upgrading to Obsidian make you LOST the grade? So a divine magnificent item will reset the grade to basic/grand when you upgrade it to Obsidian T1 (old T3)? Seriously?
    You do realise it's the same with crafted as well right? Magni > Eph will always create a rare (or arcane, can't remember exactly) Eph

+ Reply to Thread