+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: First Red Dragon Mount on NA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Gnat View Post
    Isn't the limit only that the owner has to actually feed it a pack once every 3 days? What other time limit is there beyond that?
    That's the only limit. Pretty sure someone asked if they could feed only 1 pack every 3 days, and Trion said yes, meaning you can take 3,000 days to grow your dragon. Yes, 3,000 days. A whole 8 years and 3-4 months.

Concerning merges, Trion basically nullified the effects of the evolutions last September by opening Reckoning and Vengeance to transfers.

There were 9 Legacy servers before Merges--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Tahyang, Salphira, Morpheus, Kraken, Nazar and Hanure.

After merges, there were 5 Legacy servers--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Thunderwing, and Conviction.

And now we're back up to 7--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Thunderwing, Conviction, Reckoning and Vengeance.

Perhaps some servers will have an increase in population after transfers come up as Thunderwing is pretty high population right now, and from what I've heard, everyone wants to leave, so there's that.

Other than that, (correct me if I'm wrong) Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Conviction, Reckoning and Vengeance are all quiet and freefarmed or mildly contested.

In my opinion, the fresh start servers should've been merged into legacy servers instead of opening them up to transfers, but that's obviously not the best course of action overall.

There definitely should be another merge though.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    You'd have to ask Vanitow or Bella for the exact mechanics, but that's what I've been told!

Man, imagine dropping 200k on an egg and then failing to raise it. Yikes.
    Well, Bella hasn't finished growing hers yet, correct? ...and I just helped someone finish growing theirs as of last night... and as far as I know, he has 3 days to input a pack and that seems to be the only time-related cooldown aside from the 12h cooldown between each of the phases and the 15-minute cooldown the owner has in regards to submitting packs.

Beyond that, it sounds like someone could put up an egg and feed it a single pack once every three days and lock the ability to grow dragons on that server for 8 years. Of course, it behooves someone to finish their dragon sooner rather than later considering the investment in regards to the egg acquisition - but in the cases where perhaps the egg goes for no cost; what's stopping the 3-year scenario from taking place?

what's stopping the 3-year scenario from taking place?
    Other people putting packs into it? Unless they camped Freed 24/7 and killed every person attempting to add one?
    Or the other 2 locations you can raise them?

I'll ask again about the timers, but am pretty sure one of them mentioned another time limit factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiye View Post
    That's the only limit. Pretty sure someone asked if they could feed only 1 pack every 3 days, and Trion said yes, meaning you can take 3,000 days to grow your dragon. Yes, 3,000 days. A whole 8 years and 3-4 months.

Concerning merges, Trion basically nullified the effects of the evolutions last September by opening Reckoning and Vengeance to transfers.

There were 9 Legacy servers before Merges--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Tahyang, Salphira, Morpheus, Kraken, Nazar and Hanure.

After merges, there were 5 Legacy servers--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Thunderwing, and Conviction.

And now we're back up to 7--Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Thunderwing, Conviction, Reckoning and Vengeance.

Perhaps some servers will have an increase in population after transfers come up as Thunderwing is pretty high population right now, and from what I've heard, everyone wants to leave, so there's that.

Other than that, (correct me if I'm wrong) Aranzeb, Kyrios, Kraken, Conviction, Reckoning and Vengeance are all quiet and freefarmed or mildly contested.

In my opinion, the fresh start servers should've been merged into legacy servers instead of opening them up to transfers, but that's obviously not the best course of action overall.

There definitely should be another merge though.
    Thunderwing is highly populated; but in terms of "health" it's drastically diminished right before the FS launch. A group of folks showed up on Thunderwing, and it was temporarily a 40+ West vs. 35+ East/RIP Nation vs. Pirate A vs. Pirate B vs. Pirate C for about a week and a half... and during that time, the FS date was announced and people lost interest in legacy either because they were complaining about Pirate A's ability to win fights while undermanned or because they wanted to prepare for FS.

Conviction is also relatively highly populated, but you've got 2 Player Nations holding hands there after they crawled out from under their rock after a 3rd Player Nation got bored of waiting for them to fight and opted to either leave for Thunderwing or stop playing altogether.

Kyrios is a free farm joke; though that Player Nation also went into hiding when 10-15 competent people showed up to mess with them - they spent about two weeks refusing to go to content and then came back out when those 10-15 people left for Thunderwing.

I still maintain that we need to be condensed down to 2 servers, 3 at the absolute most, with transfer cooldowns being increased to 3-months.

...but the 2-3 server aspect, the need for merges/"evolutions", and how does Trion handle those things with the growth process plays a large role in these things.

There's Pros/Cons to everything.

Say... you get merges, down to like 2 servers; and on one of the servers, one of the entities is rocking 3-5 Dragon Mounts and no one else has one (but they want one) and let's say these Dragons prove to be impactful when used properly (or even used) in large scale PVP battles... what's stopping that group with the stable of Dragon Mounts to just cBlock the server with a placebo dragon for the next 8 years? Nada. Flawed system.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    Other people putting packs into it? Unless they camped Freed 24/7 and killed every person attempting to add one?
    Or the other 2 locations you can raise them?

I'll ask again about the timers, but am pretty sure one of them mentioned another time limit factor.
    Well, that was one of the first questions I had about the dragons. Is it possible for 3 dragons to be grown simultaneously? Freedich, Mari & Austera? I was told no; but not sure how accurate that information was. They led me to believe that only one dragon can be grown at a time, regardless of the location.

Also, yes, other people could feed the dragon - but hypothetically speaking, if the dragon is on Freedich, how many people are really going to want to sail up to feed it en masse knowing that it's a mixed bag? Yes, you can clear the theoretical "dragon queue" but at the same time, you're giving the opposition another dragon to add to their stable.

Well, that was one of the first questions I had about the dragons. Is it possible for 3 dragons to be grown simultaneously? Freedich, Mari & Austera? I was told no; but not sure how accurate that information was. They led me to believe that only one dragon can be grown at a time, regardless of the location.

Also, yes, other people could feed the dragon - but hypothetically speaking, if the dragon is on Freedich, how many people are really going to want to sail up to feed it en masse knowing that it's a mixed bag? Yes, you can clear the theoretical "dragon queue" but at the same time, you're giving the opposition another dragon to add to their stable.
    If it's limited to 1 at a time per server, that would be incredibly dumb. I'm guessing the person who told you that is wrong.

Anyone who wants free Honorforged Medals will bother with the packs; heck, I got enough off raising the first dragon for a new belt.

7.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #27
    ArcheAge Community Manager
    The dragon is not transferable while raising it. Once the dragon has been fully raised, it moves with the character during server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    The dragon is not transferable while raising it. Once the dragon has been fully raised, it moves with the character during server transfers.
    How many can be raised at a given time on a server?
    1 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Varren View Post
    Dragon cost about 200k total and took just over 8 days to get finished. I supplied about 90% of the packs to people for free so they could get their honorforged medals. My nation (Omen) and my guild (Ascended) helped me out a ton with labor and ferrying people out to freedich. The dragon costs 100k glossy feathers, 1000 small seed oils and 3000 archeum ingots to finish the pack stage and 100 burning logs, 200 blank regrade scrolls, 50 spinal ridges and 50 cloudspun fabric for the scroll (used every 30 days to renew the dragon and 1 required at very start to summon dragon on freedich to be fed).
    With such expenses used to get your Dragon, you definitely need to post videos of you using your Dragon in Mistmerrow, Abyssal, Halcyona, and finally, Castle Sieges.

Show all of us the action!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast