+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mage vs Archer class for 1v1's and Open world/sea. (Fresh Start)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    11

    Mage vs Archer class for 1v1's and Open world/sea. (Fresh Start)

    I'm currently liking battlemage, but i lose to EVERY class and anything with witchcraft............ I'm thinking of switching classes, what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCold View Post
    I'm currently liking battlemage, but i lose to EVERY class and anything with witchcraft............ I'm thinking of switching classes, what do you guys think?
    Well what is your question?

    Who should you choose to play or who will win 1v1 mage vs archer?

    In open world/sea, archer will always win same GS mage. In arena = 50/50

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    11
    Are archers good for 2v1's and outplaying?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Trusivraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCold View Post
    Are archers good for 2v1's and outplaying?
    All specs could be considered good in a 2v1 setting, BUT it depends on the situation and how skilled/geared/aware you are of the fight. You could easily 1-shot multiple ppl at a time with a good zeal crit in this game.

    Mages do it better in clusters for immediate dmg (Godswhip) archers do it better in a straight line (snipe) but both can be rediculous depending on how geared that player is.

    THEN throw in just how skilled that player is, when facing 2+ ppl alone, and being outgeared/outgearing them, and you have your answer.

    Currently tho... just get a ton of crit dmg, spec songcraft, and either class is just a snooze fest of "1-shot get gud" fun and happiness.. at least till the devs eventually reduce how much dmg we're all dealing across the board, due to balance. Archery is more fun imo, but a mage would say otherwise. Also, don't let "cast time" fool you, mages are just as "dps" as archers in this game.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

  5. #5
    I aria archer I am a magician I tell you from experience archers this patch are checked that is clear
    an archer has a magician's longer reach
    the archer much faster than the magician has time to drink coffee back to use Arche Lightning
    apart magician does not hit even the half that glued 3.5 lowered him power considerably
    apart the archer can hit you once he moves the magician does not have to stand to strike
    that is the difference archer, magician surely I escape some more: D even that good for some the magician is fast hahaha

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanGeetsu View Post
    I aria archer I am a magician I tell you from experience archers this patch are checked that is clear
    an archer has a magician's longer reach
    the archer much faster than the magician has time to drink coffee back to use Arche Lightning
    apart magician does not hit even the half that glued 3.5 lowered him power considerably
    apart the archer can hit you once he moves the magician does not have to stand to strike
    that is the difference archer, magician surely I escape some more: D even that good for some the magician is fast hahaha
    Wut? O.o

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    11
    What are some good specs right now? I hear ebonsong is good, other options?

    Do you think devs will nerf ebonsong?

  8. #8
    all archers go those branches if everyone goes with the same must be effective is the result both pvp or pve

  9. #9
    Senior Member Trusivraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCold View Post
    What are some good specs right now? I hear ebonsong is good, other options?

    Do you think devs will nerf ebonsong?
    Shadehunter has been doing wonders for me. Its excellent at giving even more control ontop of shadowplay, when your opponents happen to get too close.

    Yes I expect all songcraft specs to be nerfed. I honestly expect crit dmg in general to be toned down. I feel zeal should be a crit heal-only passive, as it and chantey are the sole reasons dps even run it. It should be a spec that can still make your dps better, but with less superior dps power in its passive than your actual spec.

    They could add (less) bonus crit dmg into the main dps specs instead, under certain conditions.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤


    Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCold View Post
    Do you think devs will nerf ebonsong?
    You mean songcraft? Cause ebonsong by itself is pretty normal class, nothing too cheating. People who say Ebonsong imba are usually 2k GS trash or just forum theoretics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IcedCold View Post
    Are archers good for 2v1's and outplaying?
    Like Trusivraj said above, any class can do this given the situation.

    But honestly, archers are not meant to be a class for "XxXzzzGo1vs1NooooBashonestnopots" kids, its a class oriented on group play.If want to prove something in AA, show your skill/etc, archer is not the best class for it.

    Simply put: 1 melee animal may always slay an archer of same GS, but 10 such archers can destroy 20-30 melees easily.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts