+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World bosses need fixing

Hybrid View

World bosses need fixing

Why not put all the world bosses to be summoned like the Titan? At least people would have a chance to get a try on them... keep timer like it is right now, so only can be done once per group/raid per event.

So if you do participate, cant be done again until event end or if you did kill it and contesting would be harder but everyone could get the content of the game instead of having PN lock everything down...

You summon the boss, you get a protected zone, you defend the protected zone that give dot damage and a -% healing factor, you kill it under timer if you can, you loot the boss, a 5min timer start so the next group can attempt it. if you did kill it, you cant participate in next group until new event happen. If leader quit the Wb and exist the zone it reset the boss after a few min so another group can do it. Doing it this way would promote people to try it if they have different time zone and would have more raid going at it.

What are you thought about it?

I'd like to see them as random spawns instead of all being on timers with a server wide announcement of when they pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I'd like to see them as random spawns instead of all being on timers with a server wide announcement of when they pop.
    Spawning at random times in random places would be a real improvement. But a it is, rng is not one thing they like to implement into things here. Sunken ships are always there at the same spot, DGS are alwayss there, Kraken is always there etc... and always at the same scheduled time. Even the new treasure chests' spawning spots are camped by people at the very minute they are about to spawn. Random is a thing never really implemented into this game.

I'd like to see Kraken/Leviathan spawn at random time at random coordinates on sea where it is deep enough for it to live, so that the dominant PN wouldn't be the only one having a real chance for killing it/them, and there would actually be some serious use for them monster finder sonars.

Same for DGS and normal Ghost ships, where there just is enough room for them to do their circle, may it be doing it at random spots until destroyed, when it's gonna respawn at new random spot.

Same should be done with several other event too. Maybe it's just me, but I would like to have more random in the game when it comes to events instead of scheduled and always at the same spot.
    Hee-heee... I got you on video.

The whole idea behind the conflict zone bosses is the encouragement of PvP-minded and PvP-minded players to find each other in predetermined locations.

Why else would there be a specific server wide announcement telling you exactly where to go to find other players doing stuff? Join them, wreck them, or watch them. It's up to you.

The mechanic of valuable mobs spawning 3 minutes after the boss kill is to ensure that there is sufficient time for other players to arrive in time.

Generating a 'safe radius zone' around the boss when it gets engaged directly conflicts with the intent of this boss feature.

I do agree, with regards to RNG spawning of these bosses, as that does make it more challenging and more resilient to 'farming gameplay', but as the intention was to announce it server wide when it gets engaged, for the reasons described above, it doesn't make sense to make the bosses spawn in random locations.

In fact, I would add on to the idea that these conflict zone bosses should have predetermined paths around the whole zone. That makes finding them more challenging, and there are interesting situations when they are made to walk through NPC towns or cities.

Do you hit them now and risk the neutral guards, or wait, and lose the boss engagement to another group of players that are now 'porting in?

And nothing is more hilarious than going to your General Merchant and suddenly come face to face with a huge mobile tree squeezing through the narrow roads of your small town.

Ah... And that's the thing, the pathing issues is a major pain to troubleshoot and ensure that the route taken isn't prone to having the boss fall through the world and crash the game.

You thought the automated carriages were designed, tested and implemented in a day?

Let's appreciate the hard work of bringing the world of Archeage to life more, eh?

Chages are coming in 4.5B, try check about new Kraken system, maybe u will like it.
    Retired Death Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Taric View Post
    Chages are coming in 4.5B, try check about new Kraken system, maybe u will like it.
    Yeah, it's really cool. One day the player nations east alts get it, then the next time the player nation west alts get it, and then the player nation gets it. Sweet system.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yeah, it's really cool. One day the player nations east alts get it, then the next time the player nation west alts get it, and then the player nation gets it. Sweet system.
    as opposed to them getting it all the time like they do now?

...wait...

Anyway they're throwing people a bone, i mean do you expect them to just GIVE You free loot by saying "its me, i'm here at the boss!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    So, the problem arent the changes or the game system, the true problem are the peoples doing things to cheat the game.
    Retired Death Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Taric View Post
    So, the problem arent the changes or the game system, the true problem are the peoples doing things to cheat the game.
    No, the problem is people would rather whine about it than get out there and fight for it.

Seriously, complaining about alts.... give me a break. You're an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenHo View Post
    No, the problem is people would rather whine about it than get out there and fight for it.

Seriously, complaining about alts.... give me a break. You're an alt.
    So, your reply isnt to me...try again...
    Retired Death Warden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast