+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World bosses need fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Yeah, it's really cool. One day the player nations east alts get it, then the next time the player nation west alts get it, and then the player nation gets it. Sweet system.
    This change is for Orchidna ONLY, which means it will be for Nui/Ezi ONLY, and there are no PNs on FS.

Honestly making the spawn times of the big WB (Kraken, Levi, RD) random would be neat. Liking the idea of having the Kraken and Levi spawn in areas that are deep enough for them and there is plenty of room for that in the Arcadian Sea.

Plus the chance to see both spawn in the same location, at the same time, would be a massive challenge.

Due to the mechanics of RD it would still have to spawn in Karakesse, but once again, just make it a random timing.

On the DGS and ghost ships, here's an idea.

Have the DGS replace a ghost ship spawn, replacing or appearing in the same track as another ghost ship. The trigger is it would be a slightly random (+/- 15 mins) after X amount of ghost ships are sunk.

Course after being defeated just have the WBs on a CD, say 48hrs before they have the chance to spawn again.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Honestly making the spawn times of the big WB (Kraken, Levi, RD) random would be neat. Liking the idea of having the Kraken and Levi spawn in areas that are deep enough for them and there is plenty of room for that in the Arcadian Sea.

Plus the chance to see both spawn in the same location, at the same time, would be a massive challenge.

Due to the mechanics of RD it would still have to spawn in Karakesse, but once again, just make it a random timing.

Have the DGS replace a ghost ship spawn, replacing or appearing in the same track as another ghost ship. The trigger is it would be a slightly random (+/- 15 mins) after X amount of ghost ships are sunk.

Course after being defeated just have the WBs on a CD, say 48hrs before they have the chance to spawn again.
    The problem with random spawn locations for the Kraken/Levi/DGS is that they can have *very* large areas of travel. You would have to polish every single area they might possibly be spawned in (plus a large enough radius around that point for their travel) and make sure there are no obstacles that they could get stuck on. Not impossible, but boy that'd be a ton of work. Kraken currently has 2 spawn locations btw, and used to have a wide area where it randomly spawned, back before 1.7 (ah the days of searching for it with clippers and having it spawn right on top of you!).

Also, the DGS travel pattern is quite a bit larger than the regular GS ones; they wouldn't fit in many of the regular GS locations.

Random spawn times: interesting and not terrible; however, I doubt it would help achieve much of anything. So nobody knows when X spawns? Ok, great. So what happens when it DOES spawn? Hmmm, I'm guessing the the same dominant groups will pop over there and still control it. It would certainly keep everyone on their toes though. 48 hour CD between spawns is how the main bosses used to work too; people took advantage of that, thus the specific schedules now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenHo View Post
    No, the problem is people would rather whine about it than get out there and fight for it.

Seriously, complaining about alts.... give me a break. You're an alt.
    So, your reply isnt to me...try again...
    Retired Death Warden

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    The problem with random spawn locations for the Kraken/Levi/DGS is that they can have *very* large areas of travel. You would have to polish every single area they might possibly be spawned in (plus a large enough radius around that point for their travel) and make sure there are no obstacles that they could get stuck on. Not impossible, but boy that'd be a ton of work. Kraken currently has 2 spawn locations btw, and used to have a wide area where it randomly spawned, back before 1.7 (ah the days of searching for it with clippers and having it spawn right on top of you!).
    The areas they spawn in now are pretty clear as is the space north of the Sea of Graves. Most of the east Arcadian sea is deep and clear minus the small island chain along the east border. So they have the room it's just them spawning in said locations, like Kraken used to do, but add a few more areas.

Also, the DGS travel pattern is quite a bit larger than the regular GS ones; they wouldn't fit in many of the regular GS locations.
    Did not know this, though having it show up in the Strait would be a fright.

Random spawn times: interesting and not terrible; however, I doubt it would help achieve much of anything. So nobody knows when X spawns? Ok, great. So what happens when it DOES spawn? Hmmm, I'm guessing the the same dominant groups will pop over there and still control it. It would certainly keep everyone on their toes though. 48 hour CD between spawns is how the main bosses used to work too; people took advantage of that, thus the specific schedules now.
    The 48 hrs CD would be for before the random timer starts, so after 48 hrs the boss has the chance to spawn but might not spawn for another 6 hrs to a day after the CD is up. And yes the dominating groups might be more coordinated, but that also gives other groups with as good coordination a chance.

The areas they spawn in now are pretty clear as is the space north of the Sea of Graves. Most of the east Arcadian sea is deep and clear minus the small island chain along the east border. So they have the room it's just them spawning in said locations, like Kraken used to do, but add a few more areas.
    Yeah, it might fit in the NE corner and possibly the SW corner (have you ever seen a map of the Levi path though?). So then you have 3-4 possible locations, but what does that really even accomplish? Levi's not exactly a boss you can just PUG it for. It really wouldn't make any difference to the coordinated groups that can do it in this scenario.

On the 48h topic:
    I'll go out on a limb and suggest that dominant groups will be notably more coordinated 9 times out of 10; this really wouldn't help any other groups, I don't think. Even if they got there first, they'd just get stomped on and driven off. And +6-24h extra on the timer? Hi! Let's have that spawn at 5am!

NO. Random spawn timers on epic bosses are the WORST. All it does is require you to camp the spawn site for however many hours it can be, and believe me, people will do it. I don't look fondly back at those 8 hour ToI 13 camps at 2-10am to get Baium, and if you didn't want to, you just get a spy with a bot program with an alarm set to go off as soon as the boss shows up.

Yeah, it might fit in the NE corner and possibly the SW corner (have you ever seen a map of the Levi path though?). So then you have 3-4 possible locations, but what does that really even accomplish? Levi's not exactly a boss you can just PUG it for. It really wouldn't make any difference to the coordinated groups that can do it in this scenario.

On the 48h topic:
    I'll go out on a limb and suggest that dominant groups will be notably more coordinated 9 times out of 10; this really wouldn't help any other groups, I don't think. Even if they got there first, they'd just get stomped on and driven off. And +6-24h extra on the timer? Hi! Let's have that spawn at 5am!
    I actually mapped it myself back when it first arrived for the event, made it easier to get the daily done. It would also give a reason to open the sea map a bit more. I was thinking of suggestion expanding the southern sea map, but Nuia needs to even have a south coast for that to be on the table.

As for the 5am spawn, why not? Not like they have to die every time they spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
    NO. Random spawn timers on epic bosses are the WORST. All it does is require you to camp the spawn site for however many hours it can be, and believe me, people will do it. I don't look fondly back at those 8 hour ToI 13 camps at 2-10am to get Baium, and if you didn't want to, you just get a spy with a bot program with an alarm set to go off as soon as the boss shows up.
    I'm sure they will, but that is the point.

See I'll go for suggesting a change to a system, if anything I'm going to hope that:
    a) Someone realizes how stupid said suggestion actually are (like RyanA is given evidence to)
    b) That XL doesn't listen to suggestions because they already know of point a.

This is the PvP housing protection request all over again and I supported that decision until it happened and now I'm sorry I did.

Just adding an idea or two to the pot to hopefully get others thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taric View Post
    Chages are coming in 4.5B, try check about new Kraken system, maybe u will like it.
    The chages are coming? by land or sea? 8D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2