+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Copper Ore

Copper Ore

I think XL miscalculated, and made requirements for copper ore in 4.5 patch too high. You can clearly see that, by copper price in AH. Biggest copper ore consumer are copper keys, cause it is the only way to increase exploration until Phase4. Moreover the requirements of ingots for keys are not the same, 18 for copper and 8 for silver. And as experienced miner I can confirm, that copper and silver ore ratio by mining are 1:1. Thats the reason copper ore is 40-70s a piece, and silver ore is 7-12s. On top of that, this makes 230k mining really difficult, cause you need additional 9 copper ores to make ore sorter.

There are several possible solutions:
    Reduce copper key ingot requirement to 8, instead of 18.
    Change ore sorter requirement from 3 copper ingots to 3 silver ingots or 1 copper 1 silver 1 gold ingot.

One of these should work.

Quote Originally Posted by notme33 View Post
    I think XL miscalculated, and made requirements for copper ore in 4.5 patch too high. You can clearly see that, by copper price in AH. Biggest copper ore consumer are copper keys, cause it is the only way to increase exploration until Phase4. Moreover the requirements of ingots for keys are not the same, 18 for copper and 8 for silver. And as experienced miner I can confirm, that copper and silver ore ratio by mining are 1:1. Thats the reason copper ore is 40-70s a piece, and silver ore is 7-12s. On top of that, this makes 230k mining really difficult, cause you need additional 9 copper ores to make ore sorter.

There are several possible solutions:
    Reduce copper key ingot requirement to 8, instead of 18.
    Change ore sorter requirement from 3 copper ingots to 3 silver ingots or 1 copper 1 silver 1 gold ingot.

One of these should work.
    Ratios off, it's more like 3:1 in my experience. Which would fall in line with the recipe usage. If you having issues with getting copper wait til Exoloch opens up because there tends to be a ton in the mine behind the stone walls.

Or if your on Legacy just go there.

Personally I get more copper then any proc metal from my miner house and had it drop the most times when I used Mining drills.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

You are wrong about ratios. I got 230k mining on FS, after 5 weeks of the server life. I know better. And I spent much time in exeloch cave on legacy too, copper : silver ratio inside the cave is 4 : 3, it wont make much difference. And Muzzy mentioned, mining drills not coming to FS on phase2, which means your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by notme33 View Post
    You are wrong about ratios. I got 230k mining on FS, after 5 weeks of the server life. I know better. And I spent much time in exeloch cave on legacy too, copper : silver ratio inside the cave is 4 : 3, it wont make much difference. And Muzzy mentioned, mining drills not coming to FS on phase2, which means your argument is invalid.
    Not really invalid as much as we have different data. Every time I was in the Exoloch cave (Tahyang server, I have not visited since the merger since I'd have to crack the wall personally), the ratio of copper/silver/gold/archeum/anya/gem tended to be about 6:3:1:1:2:1

This basically means you'd need to wait til Exoloch opens and/or make a miner house. Also have you looked into the sharpwind mine from the mining daily? Or you getting your 1:1 on that too?

Also while thinking on it, since the salvage pouches aren't on FS that might explain why so many are just burning on keys. Once those are added the labour should shift (buy leather prior to that point).
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

+ Reply to Thread