+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So Hiram gear at basic grade is on epherium celestriagrade or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderlee View Post
    I assume for a moment it will take some long time for the update where the FS will get Ayanad and Erenor. Up until then some will be geared in Epherium- and some in Haram gear. Where will that update (Ayanad/Erenor) leave the Haram wearing players? Will Haram gear's stats be equal here at high grade?
    XL has already added "shining" hiram gear with higher than ayanad stats.

it cannot be tempered so what muzzy said was wrong.

Youve had a long time to get your ephirium gear ready to go, if youve been spending gold on meaningless things then its your own fault

Quote Originally Posted by Milling View Post
    why do you hope youre wrong? ...
    Purpose of this gear is to address the gear gap, I find it a bit ironic that in an effort to do that, they put people in situations where the gear gap is exaggerated. They removed hasla weapons long ago, and than spent their time and resources to re-create that dynamic again. I'm sure some people are frothing at the bit to go out and kill newbies, lowbies and alts. However if you were that newbie how would you feel on a legacy server knowing that to get simi decent gear you're going to be hunted by people with 3-8x your gear score.

I hope I'm wrong, because this dynamic is not conducive to long term game play for most gamers. Most people I have found they say they want a fair fight but they don't actually. They simply want to be the Jedi vs a pack of stormtroppers. It's a real problem for an open world game, how do you give content to those who don't like certain kinds (pvp vs pve), but still keep it interesting for all involved. I have ideas, but I'm not sure they are any better than what we have here and sharing them in the past has done little to no good. XL is going to do whatever it thinks is right, they have shown little to no interest in listening to our region's players or publisher so complaining, exclaiming or providing any more feedback then this would be a waste of time.

I'll just keep enjoying the things I like until they're changed or removed and making my own fun, I hope you all do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    Purpose of this gear is to address the gear gap, I find it a bit ironic that in an effort to do that, they put people in situations where the gear gap is exaggerated.
    xlgames just doesn't know how to fine tune their own beast. I think this FS is an experiment to see which features would make a healthy gameplay experience. I'm probably giving them too much credit though.

They removed hasla weapons long ago, and than spent their time and resources to re-create that dynamic again. I'm sure some people are frothing at the bit to go out and kill newbies, lowbies and alts. However if you were that newbie how would you feel on a legacy server knowing that to get simi decent gear you're going to be hunted by people with 3-8x your gear score.
    They didn't need to remove the hasla or soulforged gear, but it wouldn't have generated the same hype. "OH EM GEE NEW GEAR SET SUPER GREAT POWERFUL CLOSE GEAR GAP!" versus "Here's the same old gear nobody used, but we made it stronger. Dungeon gear is stronger too, and we've added aria signature armors to go with the weapons. We've also lowered the ridiculous base stat improvement leaps on the regrades so that each tier is +8%."

The second less hyped one would've been better, but they needed the flashy press.

I hope I'm wrong, because this dynamic is not conducive to long term game play for most gamers. Most people I have found they say they want a fair fight but they don't actually. They simply want to be the Jedi vs a pack of stormtroppers. It's a real problem for an open world game, how do you give content to those who don't like certain kinds (pvp vs pve), but still keep it interesting for all involved. I have ideas, but I'm not sure they are any better than what we have here and sharing them in the past has done little to no good. XL is going to do whatever it thinks is right, they have shown little to no interest in listening to our region's players or publisher so complaining, exclaiming or providing any more feedback then this would be a waste of time.

I'll just keep enjoying the things I like until they're changed or removed and making my own fun, I hope you all do the same.
    You're not wrong. Players paying for power was most likely a happy little accident, and they undoubtedly want to keep that.

It is going to end up like the current cloaked illustrious drops in Auroria. Remember how it was touted as a 'gap closer' as replacement for the more useful lost garden pieces? How did that turn out? Nobody is putting those pieces on the market because it cost more to recloak these pieces for upgrading than to buy the pieces from NPC. New players have less options in the free market to start gearing. Farming those pieces for a full set is ridiculous due to the different combinations of pieces.

This will only be useful for the offhand weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Triosta View Post
    Players paying for power was most likely a happy little accident, and they undoubtedly want to keep that.
    It's certainly no accident. Players paying for power is the core design of the game.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

I still think anyone who thinks hiram will completely kill epherium is wrong.

The lack of temper makes it much easier for epherium to compensate for those higher base stats. Also as mentioned, by now everyone should have the mats for epherium, so in the initial rush, epherium starts at rare instead of grand. And you'll be able to regrade your epherium to celestial and temper it a lot faster than you'll be able to farm ~200 drops to get your hiram gear to celestial.

So, in the initial rush. epherium is the clear winner. In the first week or two, you should be able to get your epherium to have 113%+ temper and and be divine+ before the people farming hiram get their hiram to max celestial. Then obviously once hiram is capped out epherium can just pull ahead even more. There's also the extra gem/s which help compensate along with the temper.

You enjoy hiram though. Have fun fighting against someone in even rare epherium - their Rare Epherium Flame Sword versus your Grand Dim Ancient Sword with 24 Spirit, 0.7% Cast Time and 3.2% Magic Critical Damage should be interesting. And this assumes you even get a hiram sword to drop before the guy with epherium swings by your mob farming spot.

Granted, I'm on legacy and not actually on FS, but from what I hear everyone has been ready and impatiently waiting for phase 2. So max temper and Celestial+ might take a while unless you swipe, but I'm going to guess that with how much people say they have stockpiled everyone going crafted will be in Epherium Celestial+ with decent temper weapon/s on day 1. Full epherium will honestly take a couple of days because of the labor to craft, but as we all know the weapon is the main thing.

All that said, I do realize that my previous statement is an oversimplification. Not everyone has the same amount of gold stocked up, and if someone really wants to swipe they can have an epic epherium weapon with max temper on day 1. And someone farming hiram might get the exact stats they want on the first item that drops. (I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be spending labor opening those unidentified hiram pieces though, so that might be an interesting factor.)

Also, just to be clear, I really like ancient gear. For what it's designed to be, I think it's great. It's free and it's competitive and it has the necessary stats to fill/reduce the gear gap. I can't speak as to if the grind is balanced or not right now, but that's really the only unknown factor I'm seeing here. (And there's the XP thing from crates too and supposedly bonus XP proc, so....) Right now on legacy it's 480k+ Gold for a full set of T3 Fireglow gems. Crystallized base level competitive gear to put those gems in will be another 120k or so. That's just a fact. And that's about all I can say on the subject without getiing off topic.

You guys don't understand...this Hiram gear is going to take a very long time to get the right pieces with the right stats and to level it up. Also, I don't think the stats are going to be better than epherium at basic

Instead of giving us housing in Auroria for archeum tree's and braziers (one of the best mechanics in the game) we get more mob grinding.

The first would lead to a blooming crafting economy making affordable progress for everyone. On a full server it leads to awesome conflicts, dead haulers, tears and sweat, simply fun. The second one is a completely brainless no-life mechanic which this game has already plenty of.

It is such a shame that a game with this unique features was never managed to its full potential. This could be the best game out there for years to come.

has anyone mentioned that you can't temper harambe gear either (for some reason? trion? why?)
    220% LOOT DROP RATE POTS PLS
    DOUBLE LOOT DOUBLE HIRAM DROP EVENT BEFORE MERGES PLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast